NYIT - Old Westbury Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Senescence kid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I will be interviewing with NYIT Old Westbury and am having a hard time finding information about the interview format. Can anyone give a description of their experiences and anything that you did that you felt helped you succeed.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't have much for you about the interview, but I am curious about your stats that got you the interview along with your state of residence. I just submitted app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello All,
I will be interviewing with NYIT Old Westbury and am having a hard time finding information about the interview format. Can anyone give a description of their experiences and anything that you did that you felt helped you succeed.
Thanks
I was wondering the same thing good question

Hello All,
Thanks

Last year it was a fairly relaxed one on one conversation with one of their faculty members. I wouldn't stress about it! Just know your application and have your answers for the "general questions" (ie. Why medicine/DO? Why NYIT?)

They ask questions about your application, your research, your volunteering. I don't think my interviewer asked "why DO". But they did ask me about one non-academic achievement. (In my case I talked about my hair donation record. Now at 14 inches! ^.^ My interviewer happened to be bald, so he was like, "I uh can't help out with that.") So definitely don't stress about it.

Be yourself and be genuine. Remember that you guys are more than just book smart and a bunch of numbers. Sure you need that...but you're also colorful creatures that bring life to the campus!

I think the only people they don't accept are jerks and liars. So as long as you aren't any of those, you'll do just fine! ^.^

Reactions: 1 user