Senescence kid

2+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Hello All,
I will be interviewing with NYIT Old Westbury and am having a hard time finding information about the interview format. Can anyone give a description of their experiences and anything that you did that you felt helped you succeed.
Thanks

D

Dr. Hopeamine

I don't have much for you about the interview, but I am curious about your stats that got you the interview along with your state of residence. I just submitted app.

About the Ads
Aug 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello All,
I will be interviewing with NYIT Old Westbury and am having a hard time finding information about the interview format. Can anyone give a description of their experiences and anything that you did that you felt helped you succeed.
Thanks
I was wondering the same thing good question

GoJackets1850

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Hello All,
Thanks
Last year it was a fairly relaxed one on one conversation with one of their faculty members. I wouldn't stress about it! Just know your application and have your answers for the "general questions" (ie. Why medicine/DO? Why NYIT?)

Aki the Mew

2+ Year Member
May 16, 2016
Status
Medical Student
They ask questions about your application, your research, your volunteering. I don't think my interviewer asked "why DO". But they did ask me about one non-academic achievement. (In my case I talked about my hair donation record. Now at 14 inches! ^.^ My interviewer happened to be bald, so he was like, "I uh can't help out with that.") So definitely don't stress about it.

Be yourself and be genuine. Remember that you guys are more than just book smart and a bunch of numbers. Sure you need that...but you're also colorful creatures that bring life to the campus!

I think the only people they don't accept are jerks and liars. So as long as you aren't any of those, you'll do just fine! ^.^

Reactions: CheusChrist
About the Ads