Program-Specific Info / Q's NYIT OT Acceptance for 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTkp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have just recently been accepted into the NYIT MOT program. Though it is not my first choice of school, I am keeping my options open. As of right now, this is where I will be attending school for the next two years. Just wondering if there is anyone else that has been accepted and has decided to go there or if there is anyone already in the program that I could get some insight from. Any help is good!!! I live in Texas so I will be making a HUGE move. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I was accepted back in January, and while it is not my first choice, it is the only place that I have gotten in so far! As far as the move, I am also coming from out West and couldn't be more nervous. I don't have any real "insight", but it is certainly nice to talk to someone else who might be going! Any chance you have looked at their passing rate for the NBCOT? It make me skeptical...

Hi!

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I was accepted back in January, and while it is not my first choice, it is the only place that I have gotten in so far! As far as the move, I am also coming from out West and couldn't be more nervous. I don't have any real "insight", but it is certainly nice to talk to someone else who might be going! Any chance you have looked at their passing rate for the NBCOT? It make me skeptical...

Awesome! So good to hear that someone else is in the same boat as me. I'm with you as well, I don't have any real "insight" about everything up there. And yes, I have looked at their passing rate. I'm not a big fan of it but as of now this is the only place where I have been accepted. I'm not sure if you know this or not but as of next year, AOTA is changing their terms for "passing rate". After next year, instead of the passing rates being student's first time tries, it will be passing rates within the first year. I was informed that along those basis, NYIT has a 95% passing rate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, I feel a little bit better now. Thanks for that!

So as of now you are going to NYIT, correct? Have you looked into the housing or have you been to Old Westbury? I was talking to students that go there now during the interview and they warned me to stay away form the dorms haha

Ah, I feel a little bit better now. Thanks for that!

So as of now you are going to NYIT, correct? Have you looked into the housing or have you been to Old Westbury? I was talking to students that go there now during the interview and they warned me to stay away form the dorms haha. Also, do you know when the first day of classes are? There is no specified date and I know that the program is undergoing some major changes right now.

Hello, I've been accepted to NYIT too. I was told that we're registering for classes in April so I guess we won't find out about the first day of classes until then. What is everyone doing for housing?

Hi guys, I am preparing to apply to NYIT OT program this year. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Hello, I've been accepted to NYIT too. I was told that we're registering for classes in April so I guess we won't find out about the first day of classes until then. What is everyone doing for housing?
Hello I was just accepted today! Have you found anything out about housing yet??

Does NYIT accept electronic letters of recommendations on OTCAS ?