Nymc Just Emailed Me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone heard anything recently

Members don't see this ad.

bump before going to bed

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite 1/9. Feb is full except for the 28th. :luck: everyone

Does anyone have any idea when the next batch of acceptances are going out? Seems like it has been awhile.

i haven't heard anything either. and i interviewed in the first weeks of november....:scared:

I interviewed on 11/14. Any ideas when the next round of decisions might go out?

I interviewed on 11/14. Any ideas when the next round of decisions might go out?

I don't know about the next round of decisions, but hasn't it been two weeks today since the last round of interview invites?

So...obligatory bump. I haven't been good at predicting them, but I think they should go out today again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance today too!

So acceptance batches came on 12/1, 12/21 and 1/23...how much longer for the mid-Nov.+ interviewees...

when did you interview? I interviewed on 11/29...

Also, unfortunately, the weeks they send out admits confounds the whole every-two-weeks flurry of invites. I give up on the predicting. But not the Gmail-OCD-refreshing.

I interviewed on 11/14. Still waiting...

I just received an interview invite. Here's to positive thinking! I checked my email, nothing, was on SDN for 5-10 min, spent time looking at this thread, compulsively checked my email again, and WOO HOO!!!

I just received an interview invite. Here's to positive thinking! I checked my email, nothing, was on SDN for 5-10 min, spent time looking at this thread, compulsively checked my email again, and WOO HOO!!!

Congrats. When were you complete there?

just received an invite as well 11:20ish PT
only available for march though... really late in the process
if it's interviewing for waitlist, i may just not go =(

Got an interview invite the first week of January! It was a great holiday present. :D

I just got an interview invite today.

EDIT:

Guys Albert Einstein says that if you're going to be in the area to let them know in case they are going to invite you for an interview anyway. All the interview dates are in March, so do you think I should let AE know that I'm interviewing at NYMC around that time? And should I say a specific date, and then try to pick the NYMC date closest to the AE date, or just tell them it's in "March"?

I was complete clear back on Oct 24th. Does anyone know if the ones for march are for the waitlist? The email doesn't say and I will probably go either way, but I am curious.

hey guys i just got the interview invite for march today....is this basically an interview for their waitlist?

Does it mean they screened you out if people who were complete AFTER you have received interview invites and you haven't?

I was complete Oct 12 and haven't heard a thing.

hey guys i just got the interview invite for march today....is this basically an interview for their waitlist?

no NYMC does not interview for waitlist spots if u got an interview there's a spot for you

How long after you guys were complete did you get an interview invite? Do you think interviews will be offered quicker now that the majority of interviews at NYMC are out of the way?

complete 10/24, interview invite about 3 days ago... scheduled for tuesday, i thnk march 13th? (whatever tuesday is closest to that)

Any new acceptance activity for those interviewing after November 6?

Does NYMC send decisions via e-mail or snail mail as well?

email for acceptances, snail for waitlist or "other"

actually, to try my SO's theory:

Has anyone who is a current/former SMP/post-bacc Masters student received an interview invite to NYMC?

I got invited to interview on 1/23. I'm scheduled to interview 3/22. Who's with me?

actually, to try my SO's theory:

Has anyone who is a current/former SMP/post-bacc Masters student received an interview invite to NYMC?

What's the theory, that they don't interview any of the above? Come on, they interview over 1000 people. I interviewed there earlier this month and I'm a post-bacc student.

Theres a bunch of SMP'ers/post bacs in each class. My class has over 15, mostly from georgetown and boston university program, and a few other scattered programs. The thing is they interview a little later usually (usually around jan, but sometimes earlier) because the school tries ot wait for their winter grades.

What's the theory, that they don't interview any of the above? Come on, they interview over 1000 people. I interviewed there earlier this month and I'm a post-bacc student.

I know the numbers. It's helpful to know that you've interviewed.

The theory was that former post-bacc SMP students (was thinking specifically of BU, RF and G'town) are given interview invites around the same time as the current students: late January to mid-Feb or so.

Really, it was just idle speculation. We all know they prefer to interview the current students after they've received fall semester grades, so we wondered if they perhaps evaluated former students at the same time. Yes, if you deconstruct it, it doesn't make sense, but the admissions process is in many ways so random that any number of conspiracy theories can emerge if you just squint at the numbers sideways. :rolleyes:

I'm currently in the Gtown SMP and I interviewed 10/3 and was waitlisted. I might've just slipped through the cracks though because they're known to not interview SMPers until later on in the cycle, like now, because they want to see first semester's grades. I know of at least one person in the program interviewing there soon.

Anyone know how often they review their waitlist for acceptances? It says "periodically" in the letter they sent, but I called the office and they said not until June. Anyone get accepted off NYMC's WL this year or the last and if so, when did you hear?

I'm currently in the Gtown SMP and I interviewed 10/3 and was waitlisted. I might've just slipped through the cracks though because they're known to not interview SMPers until later on in the cycle, like now, because they want to see first semester's grades. I know of at least one person in the program interviewing there soon.

Anyone know how often they review their waitlist for acceptances? It says "periodically" in the letter they sent, but I called the office and they said not until June. Anyone get accepted off NYMC's WL this year or the last and if so, when did you hear?

i got in may 22 off waitlist, interviewed in Nov, as did many others... One kid got in in April last year, a search for the NYMC waitlist forum from last year should confirm that

Bump.

Today's invite day, usually. Anyone heard anything?

Hopefully some acceptances will go out with the invites today :luck:

I got invited to interview on 1/23. I'm scheduled to interview 3/22. Who's with me?

interviewing mar 14 - that is, if I decide to keep it. Waiting on two interview results which, if accepted, would mean I vacate an interview spot for someone else at NYMC.

How do you know?

Also, how do they notify of interviews? Mail or email?

Because they usually send out invite emails every two weeks, and for the last month or so it's been on a Tuesday. Occasionally they vary it to a Wednesday or so, but it tends to be 14 +/- 1 day from the last round (Tues, 1/23).

Saves me from checking Gmail quite so obsessively on off weeks. :p

Just received the acceptance email! :) Good luck to all of you still waiting!:luck:

Just got the acceptance e-mail! PM me if you want details.

I think the thread's optimism helped :)