nymc response?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
interviewed 3/1 and heard back today, waitlisted also =(
i have an acceptance to albany already but i like nymc better in terms of facilities and location.

Members don't see this ad.

waitlisted today...interviewed 3/9...i really liked their facilities too...

sharsky said:
interviewed 3/1 and heard back today, waitlisted also =(
i have an acceptance to albany already but i like nymc better in terms of facilities and location.

Hey Sharksy, listen I think thats good at least you weren't rejected, I remember that awful interview you had. If I were you I wouldn't feel so bad at least you have Albany :)

Anyhow, keep me updated on your status and good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true that of those that interviewed, they get either accepted or waitlisted? Has anyone has actually been rejected post interview?

hanahbanana said:
Is it true that of those that interviewed, they get either accepted or waitlisted? Has anyone has actually been rejected post interview?

I know people that have been rejected post interview. It happens.

TheRussian said:
I know people that have been rejected post interview. It happens.

Got my acceptance today, interviewed on 3/11, it is my first one. Thank God I will not have to go to an offshore school.

Hi Forensic,

I PM'ed you because it seems like we're on the same boat. :D

I received my merit-based scholarship from them about two weeks ago. It's ALOT of money so I may just decide to go depending on how the other 10+ waitlists go.

I just got my acceptance today and interviewed in late March. It's my first acceptance and they want their deposit by the 15th, in 4 days.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting.

Does any know how long the deposit is good for? I figure it has to be before the first week of August since that is when orientation is! I'm still holding out for two more schools. When will I have to give them the final decision...the point of no return?

has anyone who interviewed in early april heard back yet?

Mccarey said:
I just got my acceptance today and interviewed in late March. It's my first acceptance and they want their deposit by the 15th, in 4 days.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting.

Does any know how long the deposit is good for? I figure it has to be before the first week of August since that is when orientation is! I'm still holding out for two more schools. When will I have to give them the final decision...the point of no return?

Mccarey I PMed you

Can someone tell me the person to contact at NYMC regarding waitlist status, etc? They seem to be kinda hard to get a hold of and my interviewer didn't know either ...

ehh, it seems that the only available contact is the admissions office secretary. they told me that the waitlist is unpredictable so they couldn't tell me any trends or whatnot. if feel like nymc is kind of a 'send your updated transcript and just sit tight for decision time' school.

the admissions director is ms. chiarieri, but it's hard to find any contact info listed for her. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
medstylee said:
ehh, it seems that the only available contact is the admissions office secretary. they told me that the waitlist is unpredictable so they couldn't tell me any trends or whatnot. if feel like nymc is kind of a 'send your updated transcript and just sit tight for decision time' school.

the admissions director is ms. chiarieri, but it's hard to find any contact info listed for her. good luck.

Ms. Chiarieri is listed on the site. I don't feel comfortable giving out her number, but it is on the site, you just have to look for it.
She's extremely nice and friendly, I spoke with her for a few minutes when I was there on my interview. Once you get a person on the phone they are very friendly and quite eager to assist.

Oh well, here's hoping my decision letter comes in with positive news tomorrow!!! :scared: :eek:

subtle1epiphany - have you spoken to ms. chiarieri on the phone as well? or, was it just on the interview day?

i think i might actually give her a call (yes, i saw it on the website, but i didn't know if it was outdated or anything like that). i'm kind of in a situation.

anyway, best of luck.

Hey btw,

what were some of the interview qs for nymc?

I plan on going there in the future, not yet time to apply, so if i can get some idea of what they look for id be grateful to u guys! thanks

I was waitlisted at NYMC, and got in off the waitlist via email (5/12) and then an overnighted letter the next day. I haven't gotten any financial aid info yet though, I'm so confused as to what I should be doing in that regard. The acceptance letter says to just wait for the financial aid letter, but I feel that I should be doing the FAFSA and other junk now. Anyone know anything about that? I'll definitely be going there unless I get off the waitlist at Stony Brook. :)

wow - did you do anything special like call or send in updates or whatnot? that sounds promising that they are already taking people off the waitlist! i hope they get around to me or it's re-applying... :(

so i guess the waitlist is moving...the lady i spoke to in the admissions office said june...hmm...

medstylee said:
subtle1epiphany - have you spoken to ms. chiarieri on the phone as well? or, was it just on the interview day?

I haven't spoken to her on the phone, but I most likely will be doing so tomorrow. If I speak with her I'll let you know.

medstylee said:
wow - did you do anything special like call or send in updates or whatnot? that sounds promising that they are already taking people off the waitlist! i hope they get around to me or it's re-applying... :(

I sent in another recommendation from my job b/c I had taken a year off. I also sent letters of interest every 6 weeks or so. Hope that helps! I think the waitlist will be doing more moving in the next few weeks. :luck:

anyone hear anything good today?? regular acceptances, waitlists acceptances?

superab2003 said:
I sent in another recommendation from my job b/c I had taken a year off. I also sent letters of interest every 6 weeks or so. Hope that helps! I think the waitlist will be doing more moving in the next few weeks. :luck:

Superab2003, Congrats!! Perhaps I'll see you next year. I was accepted last week.

Just out of curiosity, what was included in your "letter's of interest?"

I guess "letter of interest" is kind of like a letter of intent, just saying that I was still interested in the school, talked a little about specifics I liked. I don't know if Letter of Intent is your guarantee of accepting an acceptance, so I called mine letter of interest b/c it stated continued interest in attending the school, but not to the degree of saying you would definitely accept an acceptance. Hope that made some sense!

Anyone else receive an admissions offer from the list besides superab yet? I called the admissions office today and they told me that selection from the list had started very recently. I didn't ask if how much movement there was.

(god, I really need to get in... :scared: ) good luck, all.

The lady kept telling me that movement won't start in June. I wish I knew what was going on over there!

does anyone know if the admissions committee meets on certain days of the week at nymc? not that would be the healthiest thing for me to know, but it might help me to not wait in anxiety everyday at least...

hanahbanana said:
The lady kept telling me that movement won't start in June. I wish I knew what was going on over there!
I'm wondering if they are waiting to get into the list until they make all their initial decisions. I interviewed mid-April and haven't yet heard yes/no/waitlist. I'm counting on waiting ~3 more weeks.

I dunno - I mean, superab was already accepted from the waitlist, the woman in admissions told me that they had started to consider waitlisted applicants at this time, and, if you look at last year's waitlist movement thread, people were taken off the list around this time. In any case, who knows what their plans are. They sure aren't apparent to all of us waiting in suspense.

whats up everyone?? i just got my acceptance today! i interviewed on 4/14. best of luck to everyone!!

Congratulations :) :)

that is awsome!!!!! how did you find out about your acceptance? mail or phone call?!?

ANyways GOOD NEWS GREAT NEWS :) :) :)

Congrats - I have no idea there were still people who had not gotten their initial post-interview decision. You're all lucky you don't have to wait 9-11 weeks for a decision like the rest of us did.

Also, since it's become my job: anyone get any good news from the waitlist today yet?

ocean11 said:
Congratulations :) :)

that is awsome!!!!! how did you find out about your acceptance? mail or phone call?!?

ANyways GOOD NEWS GREAT NEWS :) :) :)

thanks ocean, appreciate it! they actually sent out a very short email saying they've accepted me and are sending a packet to my house via overnight....

also, no update on their website...

I talked to admissions today and they said that they are now accepting people off the waitlist weekly. And its being sent through express mail starting today, so everyone look out for the mail man!! ;)

thanks for the info, hanahbanana. good luck to all!

hanahbanana said:
I talked to admissions today and they said that they are now accepting people off the waitlist weekly. And its being sent through express mail starting today, so everyone look out for the mail man!! ;)

Man .. and I just had my mailman stalker charge exonerated .....

anyone hear anything today? I didn't get anything in the mail. bummer. hanahbanana, do you mean they are sending out news once per week or did they mean people will be accepted every week?

:scared:

Ok, here is everything that I know thus far.....the lady at admissions told me that they would be sending out offers on a weekly basis from now on, and that yesterday offers were sent out via overnight mail. When I called them 10 days ago I was told that on 5/17 they were going to start reviewing waitlist files. I called on 5/24 and they had sent out the first group of offers that day. She also told me that no offers were sent out the week of 5/17. So maybe every Monday offers are sent out. LOL, that a lot of info, hope it helps.:laugh: I'm in Cali so its too early for my mail, but I'll keep you posted. I'm thinking that an offer can come at any time, I just hope I get one soon :scared:

For all of you on the wait list, I hope this helps. I withdrew from NYMC today. Your more than welcome to my spot. The best of luck.

hannah, when i called Monday around 3pm, the guy told me they hadnt sent any decisions out yet, that they had just begun reviewing. Odd. Also, another concern I have is that some people who interviewed late April havent received decisions yet. Can they start accepting people off the waitlist before/or at the same time as late interviewees?? I dont get it. The whole process is baffling.

Columbia22 said:
hannah, when i called Monday around 3pm, the guy told me they hadnt sent any decisions out yet, that they had just begun reviewing. Odd. Also, another concern I have is that some people who interviewed late April havent received decisions yet. Can they start accepting people off the waitlist before/or at the same time as late interviewees?? I dont get it. The whole process is baffling.

I was accepted this past Monday and interviewed on 4/14....so apparently they are taking people off the waitlist while still accepting people post-interview....strange to me as well....

I also agree, pretty strange. From last year's waitlist thread, it seems like around this time they were accepting off the waitlist as well as still accepting those who interviewed late in the season. In any case, good luck those who are still waiting, be it waitlist or just post-interview.

Well I talked to them again today, and this time I was told that they are sending out acceptance offers at all times now... :confused: So they send them out as they go along I guess. But they are taking people off waitlist because my friend got off the list 5/12. I spoke to a lady though, and not a guy, so I think they're confused also.

5/12??? thats before May 15th...must have been a special/unusual case

superab2003 also got off the waitlist 5/12. I think they gave out a few early decisions.

the NYMC waitlist is killing me...its the only waitlist I'm on, and the delayed decision is preventing me from making any plans...i need to know either way (acceptance or rejection) so that I can worry about things like my AMCAS and PS and possibly retaking the MCATS, as well as finding housing in DC for next year!

hanahbanana said:
Well I talked to them again today, and this time I was told that they are sending out acceptance offers at all times now... :confused: So they send them out as they go along I guess. But they are taking people off waitlist because my friend got off the list 5/12. I spoke to a lady though, and not a guy, so I think they're confused also.

That's probably the same person I spoke with a few days ago. That's the general gist I got from her - they've started to look at the waitlist and decisions will be made at anytime now. Anyway, to look on the brighter side of things, at least it's not apparent that there is some day when all decisions for the week go out. This way, we might be pleasantly surprised. :horns:

i agree with that medstyle...on tuesday, when i read hannahs message that decisions were mailed out monday OVERNIGHT, and seeing as how i didnt receive one, i was pisssedddddddddddd

Has anyone called again yet or any new info? Initially they kept telling us June was when they would look at the list, maybe they really are waiting till June. :rolleyes: So that means that by next week or the week after we should really hear something :D I'll call next week if no one's called this week yet.

I just withdrew my acceptance from NYMC today. Good luck to all of you!