nymc response?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called this week on Monday, i really doubt their answer is gonna be any different today...also, i dont want to call and have them tell me they mailed out the first batch on monday or tuesday, as i sit here acceptance-less

Members don't see this ad.

Time to hang this thread up for the weekend. Maybe there will be a little more nymc excitement next week...

Members don't see this ad :)
i checked my status on their web page and it says that they mailed a decision on may 28th... anybody got this msg??

Just got the acceptance email this morning. Yaaaaaay!
I interviewed 4/14. And no, the status page has not been updated on the NYMC website. Good luck to everyone waiting!

I just got accepted too!!! interviewed on the 28th of April and got an acceptance yesterday on the 2 of June!!

Good Luck Everyone :luck:

All right! Keep them coming!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Do the letters without the email mean waitlist or are they rejections too? Any current NYMC students get in off the waitlist??

No waitlist movement yet as far as I can garner....oh well

I interviewed on April 15 and received my acceptance on June 2. I will be accepting this offer.

just spoke with nymc. the waitlist is being reviewed. good luck to us all! i think the lady said they would call you or send snail mail.

Does anyone want to start an official thread for all those going to NYMC? Name, age, gender, location, undergrad school?

Members don't see this ad :)
is NYMC the same thing as UC Valhalla?

docquaker said:
just spoke with nymc. the waitlist is being reviewed. good luck to us all! i think the lady said they would call you or send snail mail.

Well, for us waitlisters, I think that is the one thing we can be confident about - the waitlist is at least being reviewed. It seems like those of us who have called have received varying responses, e.g., mid june, anytime now, next week, etc etc. If they're reviewing the list, there are probably spots open for waitlisters. And, I'm sure they can't wait until too late to offer those acceptances from the list. So, it seems logical that they'll start sending acceptances sometime soon.

keep the faith alive man....until then, may the Personal Statement revisions begin

NDESTRUKT said:
is NYMC the same thing as UC Valhalla?
I think they call is UC Valhalla because they take so many students from the UC's. That's what I was told at least.

hanahbanana said:
I think they call is UC Valhalla because they take so many students from the UC's. That's what I was told at least.

I think they call it that (or UC New York) because when California residents get rejected from all of the UCs, they go to NYMC.

--Vinoy

Just called admissions, and I think that whoever picks up the phone gives their own idea of what is going on. If I call again later I'll get another story about the waitlists!! :mad: But here is what I was told. we'll find out towards the end of this month, so we have some more waiting to do. Also, that won't be all of them, there will be more in July up to the first day.

this is so frustrating. what's with admissions? i'm going to try and call tomorrow and see what's going on. i'll let you all know which version of the run-around I get from them. maybe i'll try ms. chiarieri. i still don't really know if she's receptive to calls from applicants.

did anyone happen to call today and hear the latest story? i didn't get a chance to call like i thought i would. errr...

anyone have any news?? anything?? I called again, and got nothing from them! :mad:

waitlist is moving. i received an acceptance package today. my first american school acceptance. pretty damn stoked. good luck to all.

it's true. i too got a package today in the mail. it is exciting. good luck to everyone still waiting.

hey,

congrats to you, hope280 & precisionplus. Did you guys have any sort of communcation with the school before this but after your waitlist? i'm starting to get a little doubtful about my chances. hopefully this is just a start to the movement of the list. good luck everyone.

Hey,
Congrats to the both of you!!! Was the letter an overnight letter or snail mail??

hope280 & precisionplus :clap: :clap: :clap:
And don't forget to add your names to the class list, if you're attending. Congrats!

For those of you still waiting, good luck!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

mine was overnight mail. airborne express i believe. i had sent them in one update letter/letter of interest after being waitlisted.

hope280, when did you interview and when were you waitlisted?

the letter was dated June 9th and I received it yesterday june 10th. airborne express.

After I received my waitlist notification letter (January) I sent a letter of interest detailing my wish to remain on the waitlist and stating my reasons for wanting to attend. I then sent another update letter in March and then subsequently sent letters every three weeks until May 15th, when I lost all interest in putting in the effort to get off the list. After that I literally did nothing to contact the schools concerning my interest (which, quite frankly, had diminished a great deal). I was not expecting or especially eager to get off the waitlist so this is a pleasant surprise. good luck everyone else!

oh yeah, and in case y'alls are curious, I interviewed in october.

I just received an email from NYMC asking me if i want to remain on the waitlist....anyone else get this email??

Columbia22 said:
I just received an email from NYMC asking me if i want to remain on the waitlist....anyone else get this email??

Well, do you?

It's usually a sign that they are about to offer you a spot (especially at this late stage)

Today, on a saturday? That's interesting. I received one like that about a month ago. I guess it didn't mean anything special back then. Hopefully, though, it means something now!

I got that e-mail too, but I think, it's a general one for everyone left on the waitlist. :rolleyes:

did anyone else get this same e-mail a while back but not today? i have nothing to do but sit around and be paranoid all day! :D

you think thats a good sign?? I dont know what to think, i was thinking maybe everyone got the same email.

so, does that mean everyone who is accepted from the list gets that e-mail before they find out?

if it's true that that's how it works then maybe i'm screwed, cause i resonded yes to the e-mail about a month ago and sent them updates and i haven't gotten anything.

any feedback from those who have gotten off the waitlist?

If you got that e-mail and didn't get an acceptance, then that is most likely not the case. They probably, really just want to update their waitlist. But I don't know why they would send them at such different times. Did anyone else get that e-mail today or eariler??

Well, good luck to all those on the waitlist still!!

I just withdrew from NYMC :rolleyes: , and they sent me an email confirmation today (Saturday).

medstylee said:
any feedback from those who have gotten off the waitlist?

yeah so I got this email:

"Currently we are updating our wait list. If you wish to remain on the wait list please email us at [email protected] or call an admissions coordinator at 914-594-4507. If you have any updated information for us please send it to the Admissions Office. Thank you very much."

when it was sent out April 19.

interesting. that's around when i got mine too. ok, as promised... stopping...

question: when you send in LOR/update letters, have you emailed/faxed/snail mail? And if emailed, I'm guessing just to the Admissions address? Thanks...I'm in the same situation as many of you on this thread...still waiting...best of luck!

PHD said:
question: when you send in LOR/update letters, have you emailed/faxed/snail mail? And if emailed, I'm guessing just to the Admissions address? Thanks...I'm in the same situation as many of you on this thread...still waiting...best of luck!

yeah, so all my letters were snail mail.

hanahbanana said:
If you got that e-mail and didn't get an acceptance, then that is most likely not the case. They probably, really just want to update their waitlist. But I don't know why they would send them at such different times. Did anyone else get that e-mail today or eariler??

I got that email on saturday as well.

because paranoia is controlling my life these days, i called admissions.

they told me that the updating the waitlist e-mail is a one time thing and that they send it out based on the time of interview. so, it's not indicative of a decision or even if your file is up for review. so, that should quell that confusion.

also, i was told that the waitlist is just beginning to move and that it looks like there is good potential this year for lots of movement (kind of vague). but, all in all, sounds pretty promising. good luck everyone. :thumbup: