Nymc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LorinE said:
medstylee - I'm in the same boat as you... they requested my transcipt in jan. and still no word!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

yeah, very similar to my situation. they didn't request my transcript, but i am in a special masters program and nymc will most always wait to receive our fall semester grades before taking any actions. i did ended up doing well, but still no news. what makes me nervous is that i know lots of people from my program who have gotten interviews, including people who did not do as well as i did first semester. that makes me wonder whether or not they're going to ever invite me. i dunno - i really do want to go there after interviewing last year. for many reasons, i think i'd be a good fit there. i'm not giving up hope, because i know that they send out invites thru april, but it's just getting so frustrating (this is my second year applying). anyway, good luck lorinE.

Members don't see this ad.

dewzen said:
got an interview today, anybody else? do they still have spots open?

does your status say "invited for interview" or something when you check it online? good luck in the interview!

I'm starting to get very nervous. I haven't heard a thing from them since I finished my secondary in Sept. Think I can make any inferences, or is my chance still alright?

Members don't see this ad :)
medstylee said:
yeah, very similar to my situation. they didn't request my transcript, but i am in a special masters program and nymc will most always wait to receive our fall semester grades before taking any actions. i did ended up doing well, but still no news. what makes me nervous is that i know lots of people from my program who have gotten interviews, including people who did not do as well as i did first semester. that makes me wonder whether or not they're going to ever invite me. i dunno - i really do want to go there after interviewing last year. for many reasons, i think i'd be a good fit there. i'm not giving up hope, because i know that they send out invites thru april, but it's just getting so frustrating (this is my second year applying). anyway, good luck lorinE.

I am in a special masters program at NJMS and they haven't interviewed me yet. I also know a lot of people in the same program I went to with worse grades who got interviewed already. I did really well at NJMS. I'm not sure why this is happening to us.
Anyway, I am also very interested in going to NYMC. I don't know what's up... They are dragging this out till the bitter end for us. I'll keep you posted. You do the same.
Oh hey, if you feel comfortable, PM me and let me know what other schools you have applied to and what your status is there if you want to compare... I'll do the same for you if you want.

berkeleykid said:
does your status say "invited for interview" or something when you check it online? good luck in the interview!

I can't even GET to my status page!!!!!!!!!!! BLAH.

I got an email invite for an interview end of march... but from the other posts, people who interviewed back in Dec. were told to wait 10-12 weeks! Are people being interviewed now going to have to wait that long and hopefully hear an answer in June/July?!?!

daisee82 said:
I got an email invite for an interview end of march... but from the other posts, people who interviewed back in Dec. were told to wait 10-12 weeks! Are people being interviewed now going to have to wait that long and hopefully hear an answer in June/July?!?!

daisee...just wondering...when was your application complete?

limbo said:
daisee...just wondering...when was your application complete?
Their website says my application was complete 8/5/04 and I just got an email invite... so they took their sweet time! =)

daisee82 said:
Their website says my application was complete 8/5/04 and I just got an email invite... so they took their sweet time! =)

ha - that's funny. mine was complete on 8/05 too. hopefully i'll have your luck.

daisee82 said:

I was complete on 11/6/04 and received an email interview invite on 1/13/05. I interviewed on Feb 17 and was told that it would take 10-12 weeks. Complete hell. If I get in to my top choice, I will withdraw from NYMC anyway and I should hear from my top choice within 30 days.

I officially withdrew from NYMC two weeks ago post-acceptance as well. It took them about two weeks to acknoweldge me, even for that, so I'm guessing they might be a little behind. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting to hear!

has anyone else try to log into the financial aid application?

sdnstud said:
i think this is stupid, but nymc only allows accepted students to log into the school's financial aid application. the link is http://www.nymc.edu/studentlife/finplan/index7.htm

To log in, you need a 9-digit number (so i'd guess it is your social security number) and your birthday.

If I were accepted, I should be able to log into the system now since I'm waiting for a decision to arrive via snail mail. Well...my account has not be activated, so I guess I've been either waitlisted or rejected :(

I was accepted at the beginning of February and could not log on using my SSN/Birthday. Perhaps the User ID is different from your social security number? The acceptance "packet" (if you could call it that) had a grand total of four pages, one of which had to be returned. There was no mention of financial aid ID numbers or anything of the sort. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with whether or not you've been accepted. Good luck, though!

Members don't see this ad :)
BUMP

I called NYMC this morning to check on the status of my application. I interivewed 12 weeks ago on 12/8!!! I was told that the AdComm is meeting today to discuss our applications and that a decision "will be sent out by the end of this week."

I just called them today too and she said I would hear within the next two weeks, So I'm assuming I'll be reviewed today as well :) .

I got an interview invite today (2/28) scheduled for March 30th. Wow, that will be a longggg post-interview wait.

mdsh00 said:
I got an interview invite today (2/28) scheduled for March 30th. Wow, that will be a longggg post-interview wait.
nah, that late they'll probably let you know right away. congrats and good luck

doctorkojo said:
I was accepted at the beginning of February and could not log on using my SSN/Birthday. Perhaps the User ID is different from your social security number? The acceptance "packet" (if you could call it that) had a grand total of four pages, one of which had to be returned. There was no mention of financial aid ID numbers or anything of the sort. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with whether or not you've been accepted. Good luck, though!

Has anyone found out where we get the user id and psswd from? Are they going to send it to us soon?

mdsh00 said:

How did they invite you? Phone, e-mail, snail mail?

tacrum43 said:
How did they invite you? Phone, e-mail, snail mail?

By email. I then went to the status page and chose my interview date. I remember they had dates up to the 3rd week of April.

bump

Any recent post interview responses??

tinkerbelle said:
Has anyone found out where we get the user id and psswd from? Are they going to send it to us soon?

It's not the same as for the secondary application page with your AMCAS ID as your username and a password that they sent you in an e-mail?

I haven't even heard anything about interviews yet? Do you think it's even worth my while to call them? Or is it more of an annoyance to admissions at this point to have to field countless calls of this type?

Nope. Nothing from NYMC. Boyz of 4d, I will let you know when I get something. It's been 12+ weeks post-interview for me!!! :mad:

boyz of 4d said:
bump

Any recent post interview responses??

Timmythemic22 said:
I haven't even heard anything about interviews yet? Do you think it's even worth my while to call them? Or is it more of an annoyance to admissions at this point to have to field countless calls of this type?

Hey Tim...they just emailed me a few days ago still looking for my graduate letter of recommendation. So, that's a long story for another time, but the bottom line is I think it's a positive sign that it's March and they're still bothering to take the time and ask for my letter. So I think they're still giving out invites...go ahead and either call them or email, they should be receptive, they're pretty nice people.

ornis4 said:
Hey Tim...they just emailed me a few days ago still looking for my graduate letter of recommendation. So, that's a long story for another time, but the bottom line is I think it's a positive sign that it's March and they're still bothering to take the time and ask for my letter. So I think they're still giving out invites...go ahead and either call them or email, they should be receptive, they're pretty nice people.

Cool, thanks Josh. How's the whole process going for you? I don't really get the chance to ask generally.

tacrum43 said:
It's not the same as for the secondary application page with your AMCAS ID as your username and a password that they sent you in an e-mail?

It is the same actually. You schedule through the status-check page.

tacrum43 said:

hmm. Well I thought the financial aid application said to use your ssn for the id... and then I had no idea what password to use. But I'll try the AMCAS ID and password I used for the application. Thanks.

tinkerbelle said:
hmm. Well I thought the financial aid application said to use your ssn for the id... and then I had no idea what password to use. But I'll try the AMCAS ID and password I used for the application. Thanks.

I tried the AMCAS ID and password and it didn't work. What financial aid application were you looking at, tinkerbelle? I haven't received anything from them yet and the only online thing I found was an application from last year.

Sundarban1 said:
That reminds me..did you see last nights episode of The Simple Life when they interned in a plastic surgery clinic? I love that show :D You may have more in common with Paris Hilton than you think Try Zofran...Do you know anything about the "agenda?"..
never saw the show and honestly i'm lost as to what you are talking about

Elphie said:
I tried the AMCAS ID and password and it didn't work. What financial aid application were you looking at, tinkerbelle? I haven't received anything from them yet and the only online thing I found was an application from last year.

Hmm. I'll check the link I have tonight and make sure it's for NYMC and for this year. Gosh, I hope I won't have to post something like, "sorry guys... i can't read... this form is from last year" :p

tinkerbelle said:
Hmm. I'll check the link I have tonight and make sure it's for NYMC and for this year. Gosh, I hope I won't have to post something like, "sorry guys... i can't read... this form is from last year" :p

Did you get the link from an e-mail (or snail mail?) that NYMC sent to you or did you find it on your own? I haven't received anything from them since my acceptance letter...with the exception of the e-mail confirming they received that signed "Terms and Conditions" form. Did you already receive info from them regarding financial aid?

FInancial aid application? I havent recieved anything after the acceptance notice. Has anyone who was accepeted recieve anything since then?

Bigsheed920 said:
FInancial aid application? I havent recieved anything after the acceptance notice. Has anyone who was accepeted recieve anything since then?
i haven't either

Elphie said:
Did you get the link from an e-mail (or snail mail?) that NYMC sent to you or did you find it on your own? I haven't received anything from them since my acceptance letter...with the exception of the e-mail confirming they received that signed "Terms and Conditions" form. Did you already receive info from them regarding financial aid?

No, they haven't sent me anything. I either found it by seaching the internet or i found it in some nymc papers or something. Am I the only one who knows what i'm talking about? You guys are making me think I dreamed up the form or something :D I suppose I could be mixing up nymc with umd or penn state. Anyways. I'll double check tonight.

tinkerbelle said:
No, they haven't sent me anything. I either found it by seaching the internet or i found it in some nymc papers or something. Am I the only one who knows what i'm talking about? You guys are making me think I dreamed up the form or something :D I suppose I could be mixing up nymc with umd or penn state. Anyways. I'll double check tonight.
u r never the less from neverland tinkerbelle :)

tinkerbelle said:

:laugh: I think it might all be in your head or maybe NYMC likes you better than us and wants you to get first dibs at the money. ;) I've scoured the website and the only financial aid information I have come across is for the entering class of 2004. If they haven't sent any of us anything yet, I guess it's safe to say that they aren't doing financial aid just yet. If anyone knows differently, let us know! Thanks!

Bigsheed920 said:
u r never the less from neverland tinkerbelle :)
:laugh: :laugh: i personally know i constantly keep mixing up schools so i suppose it's possible for even the best of you :D

Elphie said:
:laugh: I think it might all be in your head

that is so totally possible :laugh: I swear I get ditzier every day.

Psycho Doctor said:
:laugh: :laugh: i personally know i constantly keep mixing up schools so i suppose it's possible for even the best of you :D

I know right? It's so hard to keep things straight :p

too bad nymc doesn't have a revist weekend. It would have been nice meeting you in real life and all these other sdners :)

i was invited to interview but am still considering whether or not i want to move to manhattan and commute to valhalla everyday (which is not an option for me). im wondering what the classes are like, what the class schedule is like, etc.

i guess for those of you that interviewed there and maybe current NYMC students, what are your impressions? are there too many classes? too much class time?

thanks.

I feel a commute is wasted time and energy....not to mention cost.

Bigsheed920 said:
I feel a commute is wasted time and energy....not to mention cost.
me too and if i was to attend, i'd live in valhalla near the school

I interviewed on Dec 15 and received the acceptance today. It was mailed to my parents home in westchester so I probably received it sooner then most people.

I'm in CA so I will get mine tomorrow or Monday :scared:

Whimmsy, did your status page change?

whimmsy said:
I interviewed on Dec 15 and received the acceptance today. It was mailed to my parents home in westchester so I probably received it sooner then most people.

no my status page has not changed

I live right outside westchester and didnt hear. I interviewed on dec 22. Hopefully they reviewed me and I will hear tomorrow.

Do you have any figures on NYMC's wait list movement? Thanks.

Elphie said:
:laugh: I think it might all be in your head or maybe NYMC likes you better than us and wants you to get first dibs at the money. ;) I've scoured the website and the only financial aid information I have come across is for the entering class of 2004. If they haven't sent any of us anything yet, I guess it's safe to say that they aren't doing financial aid just yet. If anyone knows differently, let us know! Thanks!

ok, so i checked and now i get to post the: "sorry guys, i confused nymc and one of my other schools :p ". argh.