Nymc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
tinkerbelle said:
ok, so i checked and now i get to post the: "sorry guys, i confused nymc and one of my other schools :p ". argh.
it's ok tinkerbelle, we still love you :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who interviewed dec 22 or later heard yet? I'm curious to if we were revieewed with the last batch or if we'reg oing to be the first ones reviewed next time.

No. I interviewed in February though, so I still have awhile. Best of Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed Dec. 7 and have yet to hear back from them. I'm guessing I'll hear back today or tomorrow...

Hey all-

I got my acceptance packet in the mail yesterday (March 7). The letter was dated March 2, and I interviewed on December 7. I hope this helps...

just out of curiousity has anyone heard about Waitlist/rejected post interview recently? Im curious to if they send out acceptances first or all at the same time.

Also does anyone know if they review every week/when there next review session is? Thanks

has anyone who interviewed in early - mid december not heard from nymc yet?
i interviewed on the 16th and have yet to hear.

i received my accepatance letter today. I interviewed on 12/8 and I live in CA.

KCAccidental and boyz of 4d, you guys are probably in the next batch to be reviewed. I could be wrong, but I think acceptance letters are sent every other week or so. This means you should hear next week. good luck!

So do you think they will keep accepting all the way until May? Or do you think they will soon be sending out only waitlisted soon... I know no one probably knows the answer, but I thought someone might have some ideas...

My friend who is a first year there said he interviewed in april and was accepted in may.

ZAZA67401 said:
So do you think they will keep accepting all the way until May? Or do you think they will soon be sending out only waitlisted soon... I know no one probably knows the answer, but I thought someone might have some ideas...

boyz of 4d said:
My friend who is a first year there said he interviewed in april and was accepted in may.

Thats Awesome! Thanks. NYMC is Awesome too!

Does anyone have update on NYMC's online financial aid form? Can anyone access it?

I didn't even know they had their own financial aid form. All I thought you needed was FAFSA. I'd be interested in this also. Does anyone know about this?

Members don't see this ad :)
bbtbay said:
I didn't even know they had their own financial aid form. All I thought you needed was FAFSA. I'd be interested in this also. Does anyone know about this?
I remember hearing they will mail us FA documents.

I just got the acceptance letter today, marked march 14. I live right outside westchester (30 - 40 min carride) and I interviewed on Dec 22, so the rest of you guys should hear soon.

boyz of 4d said:
I just got the acceptance letter today, marked march 14. I live right outside westchester (30 - 40 min carride) and I interviewed on Dec 22, so the rest of you guys should hear soon.

Congratulations!!! Did they update your status page before sending it to you or does it still say you are in review?

kwc1979 said:
Congratulations!!! Did they update your status page before sending it to you or does it still say you are in review?

Status page hasnt changed, I heard they change it about a week later, you should hear soon

Congratulations!!!! I know you have been excited and patiently waiting for several weeks, that is awesome you got accepted!!!

ive heard back from them and been accepted. Yay. I interviewed Dec. 21st. Mail received in LA. Gotta fill out financial aid ASAP.

for all you people wondering about financial aid and stuff, check out the NYMC website, they have a good page that breaks it all down for you...oh, aand get ready to take out some massive loans

I received my acceptance packet yesterday. I interviewed on January 20th. Good luck everyone.

I haven't heard anything about an interview yet, are they still giving them out? Is it just for the wait list now?

I just got my interview invite e-mail today, scheduled it for April 12th. So apparently they are still sending em out. I doubt they will for long though because it looked like there was only about a week's worth of possible interview dates left.
Cheers, bets luck.
Lance

Has anyone heard from NYMC lately? If so, when did you interview? I keep creeping closer to the "10 week" date and was just wondering if anyone had heard lately?

waitman192 said:
Has anyone heard from NYMC lately? If so, when did you interview? I keep creeping closer to the "10 week" date and was just wondering if anyone had heard lately?

When did you interview? I interviewed on Feb 17 and still haven't heard - I'm still within the "waiting period" though so I'm not too worried.

VPDcurt said:
When did you interview? I interviewed on Feb 17 and still haven't heard - I'm still within the "waiting period" though so I'm not too worried.

I'm definetely not worried - I interviewed the week after you, so I guess that means more time for me :) I was just being curious -- I hadn't seen any NYMC posts recently.

did anyone who interviewed in march hear back yet????

synapse said:
did anyone who interviewed in march hear back yet????

I interviewed march 31st and haven't heard anything yet.... don't worry, cuz we're still in the waiting period.. but at the same time I thought they'd let us know sooner since they're running close to may 15th with their 8-10 week wait time.
good luck!

Does anyone know NYMC's grading system? Also, I was told by other applicants that NYMC is an extremely competetive (during school) environment. Has anyone heard the same from other current NYMC students?? Any info would help a lot. Thanks

Anyone interview in mid Feb and received a decision? Just trying to get a feel for their timeline here. Thanks.

bbtbay said:
Does anyone know NYMC's grading system? Also, I was told by other applicants that NYMC is an extremely competetive (during school) environment. Has anyone heard the same from other current NYMC students?? Any info would help a lot. Thanks
Totally untrue. I can't speak for other classes, but 2008 is a very cooperative class.

Grading is Honors, High Pass, Pass.

dankev said:
Totally untrue. I can't speak for other classes, but 2008 is a very cooperative class.

Grading is Honors, High Pass, Pass.

Yeah it depends on the class. I was put in touch with a 4th year NYMC student and she told me that her class is completely cooperative while the class after them is crazy and they are very competitive. In a class of 185 people you are not going to make friends with them all, students tend to form study groups and if you wish to help outhers then you do it.

anyone interview in mid/late feb and heard back?

nothing yet. Interviewed March 21st though...anyone have any idea whether I'm probably looking at waitlist or what? If so, what's turnover like?

Bump....and...In case you guys forgot, I interviewed on Feb 17 and still haven't heard. I'll post as soon as I hear something.