• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Nymc

About the Ads

boyz of 4d

Proud Member of 4d
10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2005
    just out of curiousity has anyone heard about Waitlist/rejected post interview recently? Im curious to if they send out acceptances first or all at the same time.

Also does anyone know if they review every week/when there next review session is? Thanks

sdnstud

1K Member
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jul 29, 2003
      i received my accepatance letter today. I interviewed on 12/8 and I live in CA.

KCAccidental and boyz of 4d, you guys are probably in the next batch to be reviewed. I could be wrong, but I think acceptance letters are sent every other week or so. This means you should hear next week. good luck!

ZAZA67401

10+ Year Member
      Mar 7, 2005
      Miami
        So do you think they will keep accepting all the way until May? Or do you think they will soon be sending out only waitlisted soon... I know no one probably knows the answer, but I thought someone might have some ideas...

boyz of 4d

Proud Member of 4d
        10+ Year Member
        Feb 1, 2005
          My friend who is a first year there said he interviewed in april and was accepted in may.

ZAZA67401 said:
          So do you think they will keep accepting all the way until May? Or do you think they will soon be sending out only waitlisted soon... I know no one probably knows the answer, but I thought someone might have some ideas...

About the Ads

kwc1979

10+ Year Member
          Feb 4, 2005
            boyz of 4d said:
            I just got the acceptance letter today, marked march 14. I live right outside westchester (30 - 40 min carride) and I interviewed on Dec 22, so the rest of you guys should hear soon.

Congratulations!!! Did they update your status page before sending it to you or does it still say you are in review?

Hyman

Registered MisUser
            10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Jan 13, 2005
            Philadelphia, PA
            1. Medical Student
              I just got my interview invite e-mail today, scheduled it for April 12th. So apparently they are still sending em out. I doubt they will for long though because it looked like there was only about a week's worth of possible interview dates left.
              Cheers, bets luck.
              Lance

About the Ads

VPDcurt

2K Member
              15+ Year Member
              Jul 20, 2004
              1. Attending Physician
                waitman192 said:
                Has anyone heard from NYMC lately? If so, when did you interview? I keep creeping closer to the "10 week" date and was just wondering if anyone had heard lately?

When did you interview? I interviewed on Feb 17 and still haven't heard - I'm still within the "waiting period" though so I'm not too worried.

waitman192

just bummin' around...
                10+ Year Member
                7+ Year Member
                May 15, 2004
                Richmond
                1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
                  VPDcurt said:
                  When did you interview? I interviewed on Feb 17 and still haven't heard - I'm still within the "waiting period" though so I'm not too worried.

I'm definetely not worried - I interviewed the week after you, so I guess that means more time for me :) I was just being curious -- I hadn't seen any NYMC posts recently.

daisee82

10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Jan 3, 2005
                  NYC, currently in MD
                    synapse said:
                    did anyone who interviewed in march hear back yet????

I interviewed march 31st and haven't heard anything yet.... don't worry, cuz we're still in the waiting period.. but at the same time I thought they'd let us know sooner since they're running close to may 15th with their 8-10 week wait time.
                    good luck!

bbtbay

10+ Year Member
                    7+ Year Member
                    Nov 16, 2004
                      Does anyone know NYMC's grading system? Also, I was told by other applicants that NYMC is an extremely competetive (during school) environment. Has anyone heard the same from other current NYMC students?? Any info would help a lot. Thanks

dankev

7+ Year Member
                      15+ Year Member
                      May 1, 2003
                      NY
                        bbtbay said:
                        Does anyone know NYMC's grading system? Also, I was told by other applicants that NYMC is an extremely competetive (during school) environment. Has anyone heard the same from other current NYMC students?? Any info would help a lot. Thanks
                        Totally untrue. I can't speak for other classes, but 2008 is a very cooperative class.

Grading is Honors, High Pass, Pass.

Crasavitsa

Overworked Pre-Meder
                        10+ Year Member
                        7+ Year Member
                        Jun 14, 2004
                        Brooklyn
                        www.newyorkism.com
                          dankev said:
                          Totally untrue. I can't speak for other classes, but 2008 is a very cooperative class.

Grading is Honors, High Pass, Pass.

Yeah it depends on the class. I was put in touch with a 4th year NYMC student and she told me that her class is completely cooperative while the class after them is crazy and they are very competitive. In a class of 185 people you are not going to make friends with them all, students tend to form study groups and if you wish to help outhers then you do it.

About the Ads
                          This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          7. This thread is locked.