NYU Acceptance 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it seems just hard to beleive that nobody got accepted from 22 feb,24 feb, 1 march and 3rd march yet or nobody is willing to disclose here on sdn or everybody is waitlisted.so plz update us if anybody from these batches have recieved acceptance?plz

Members don't see this ad.

it seems just hard to beleive that nobody got accepted from 22 feb,24 feb, 1 march and 3rd march yet or nobody is willing to disclose here on sdn or everybody is waitlisted.so plz update us if anybody from these batches have recieved acceptance?plz

It seems everybody is waitlisted @hardluck. At least everybody from March 1 is. Ditto for March 3. I am waitlisted.

Just set up my NYU ID and computer access:))...*so excited to start orientation*:))
hi sonama,
congrats even i got nyu id nd access i was wondering did u receive any package as i dint receive anything other than nyu confimation nd id

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I got accepted at NYUCD, and am looking for a female room mate. Anyone interested, plz contact me.

thank u ...i interviewed on 1st feb..the letter is dated 10th feb and was mailed out on 12th feb

I think we met..... I was also interviewed on feb.1st and I got accepted also......see u soon:)

Hello everyone,

I would like to join the nyucd group in the face book.......can anyone add me

hi sonama,
congrats even i got nyu id nd access i was wondering did u receive any package as i dint receive anything other than nyu confimation nd id

they did not send any package .....just they e-mailed the UN number.

I think we met..... I was also interviewed on feb.1st and I got accepted also......see u soon:)

Hi Congratulations on your acceptance....could you please tell us when did you get the acceptance,was it recently/were you wait listed?
Thanks

Hi Congratulations on your acceptance....could you please tell us when did you get the acceptance,was it recently/were you wait listed?
Thanks

I was interviewed on feb. 1st , the acceptance letter was issued on feb. 10 th. and i found it in the mail on feb. 17 . I wasn't on a waiting list ,hope this help.

Ok people! lets get busy:))prep our medical records, financial docs, and hopefully find places to live:) Back back to school is sooooo much fun...only now it is way tooo expensive:)))

Ok people! lets get busy:))prep our medical records, financial docs, and hopefully find places to live:) Back back to school is sooooo much fun...only now it is way tooo expensive:)))

The fun part was get the acceptance, but I started to be worried with the expenses.... and how much I will be oweing at the end....!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that I am doing the right choice. Full loan is scarying me to death!

they did not send any package .....just they e-mailed the UN number.
i think u must have received the info packet through email...........r u in search of apt near nyu or away from univ as even im looking for one...........wats ur nationality if u dont mind me asking

The fun part was get the acceptance, but I started to be worried with the expenses.... and how much I will be oweing at the end....!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that I am doing the right choice. Full loan is scarying me to death!
Well...I just try not to think about the loans:) and enjoy my life today...as NYU dental student:)))woo-hoo!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
i think u must have received the info packet through email...........r u in search of apt near nyu or away from univ as even im looking for one...........wats ur nationality if u dont mind me asking
info pack became available today online...through the Albert system:))

am Sudanese, so where r u from?

Hi Fakika & Sonoma congratulation for getting into NYU, can u share ur stat please.
thanks

Has anyone heard from the march 8 th batch please post here

hey m happy for you...what was ur score and gpa.....wen did u take the exam..pls lemme knw

[hey sonoma....congratz...m thinking of appearing this year.....live in ny...cld u help me out.....what was ur score n gpa??? wen did u take the exam?? will reading decks n kaplan help????is there anything else i need to read

Is this happening for real that nobody has got acceptance recently or everybody is waitlisted?If everybody is waitlisted then how can seats be filled?I just can't understand wat is happening at nyu.plz update if anybody got acceptance from 22 feb and after.

I called today, they told me they are sending the letter out today for the Mar 1-10 batch IV

I saw someone had posted that he/she were interviewed on Mar.1 and is wait listed.So I thought the results were out already...?

I saw someone had posted that he/she were interviewed on Mar.1 and is wait listed.So I thought the results were out already...?

I have been interviewed on March 1. Altogether 14 of us were interviewed and ALL of us are waitlisted. I think this will clear the confusion.

[hey sonoma....congratz...m thinking of appearing this year.....live in ny...cld u help me out.....what was ur score n gpa??? wen did u take the exam?? will reading decks n kaplan help????is there anything else i need to read
My NBDE 1 is 86; GPA 3.24; mandatory internship from my homecountry (for the total of 6 years of dental school); completed RN (nursing) program in US with 4.0 GPA; 3 years volunteer experience as a Dental assisstant in local Salvation army dental clinic; +tones of volunteering in general medicine areas and shadowing in private practices. Though I really believe the main thing is self-confidence and desire to be there.
For NBDE1 prep, I can say dental decks and ASDA released exams are MUST HAVE!!! I had Kaplan Q bank - did not like it so much. I also used First aid NBDE review book and q book. It helps. For dental anatomy (my highest score) I studied Wheeler's dental anatomy and occlusion (by Nelson). Physiology- it was harder than I though...but it's doable:))I took my exam in October and before I got the results I worked on the application, resume, etc. GOOD Luck in preping:)your hard work will pay off:))

Hi everyone,
I got Accepted in NYU, but i still dont have a loan. Could anyone plz guide me as to which is he best place to get a loan. I am not a green card holder and neither is my sponsor.

Hi everyone,
I got Accepted in NYU, but i still dont have a loan. Could anyone plz guide me as to which is he best place to get a loan. I am not a green card holder and neither is my sponsor.

Are you going to get full loan?

Hi everyone,

Congratulations! when did you get your acceptance letter?

@ andasa
yes i will be taking full loan

@ happylife
i received my letter yest.

Hi,

Since i got alot of pm's on weither i was waitlisted or not i thought will post abt it here and ans all ur queries.

I was interviewed on 10 mar, last day of iv. I was not waitlisted. This was the first time i interviewed ( not only in NYU but ever :) ). I got my acceptance letter on 28th, so no history of any interviews or wait-list. My stats were 89/112/3.88 and work experience back home.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting. I hope you all get the call. Just dont give up yet and keep ur fingers crossed. :xf:

Hi my name is Sheeba,
I interviewed on March 10th and got my acceptance letter this week. My stats are 88/112/4.0. work experience from India(as a dentist) and from US (as a dental assistant) Hope to see you all soon, God willingly. I wish the best for everyone who is waiting, don't give up. Its just a matter of time.

Hi my name is Sheeba,
I interviewed on March 10th and got my acceptance letter this week. My stats are 88/112/4.0. work experience from India(as a dentist) and from US (as a dental assistant) Hope to see you all soon, God willingly. I wish the best for everyone who is waiting, don't give up. Its just a matter of time.

congratulations..and welcome to NYU...join the class of 2014 NYUCD (ASPD) on facebook

wow...that's a big bill I just got..NYU, why do you have to be sooo expensive?:))

Congratulations!!!
I am kind of worry because I want to apply next year but I have a low GPA 2.64 ( I know it depends on the country and the school the grades they give you, but I still think it is low for the states)

I have an observership program in UCLA but only for 1 month during my summer vacations and 103 Toefl. I am preparing myself to take
NBDE part1 .

Do you think that a good score in NBDE part1 can make them forget about my GPA??? Please help me with recommendations!

Hi my name is Sheeba,

Nice to meet you Sheeba! Welcome to 2014 class! See you on May 31!!!

Congradulation to everyone:
I have to sublet a studio in 484 2nd Avenue, New York, for June and July with the possibility of renewing the lease for the next year
Five-minute walking to dental school of NYU
Kips Bay Court, a lot dental students living there
Rent is 1962, pay 12 months and get 1 month free
Get $50 electric fee rebate every month
Laundry, dish washer, air conditioner, door man, gym
Water and heat free
If intersted email at :[email protected]

Congrats to all who have been accepted to NYUCD and good luck to those who are waitlisted!!
I have been accepted to program and wanted to make some friends and help each other out during our dental school journey! btw anyone who was i/v on 6th jan over here..i might know you guys!!

cheers!

All waiting and worries came to an end today. I got accepted in NYU. I was waitlisted and was interviewed on 10th march. :laugh::clap::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::zip::zip:

Congrates begottedBDS!!!

I declined my seat , somebody will hear soon...

All waiting and worries came to an end today. I got accepted in NYU. I was waitlisted and was interviewed on 10th march. :laugh::clap::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::zip::zip:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Thanx all... a correction.. I was interviewed on 3rd march..not 10th as I said earlier.

congratulations and welcome to NYUCD 2014..do join the fb group for aspids..

All waiting and worries came to an end today. I got accepted in NYU. I was waitlisted and was interviewed on 10th march. :laugh::clap::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::zip::zip:
That's awesome!! Heartily congrats to you..Your experience worked finally:)

Many many congratulations begotted BDS...I am so happy for you..Join us on NYUCD 2014 facebook....