NYU Adcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ablumoon

=)
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is a question for those of you who got interviewed or accepted into NYU. Is there anything in particular that the NYU adcom looks for? (i.e. research, overseas volunteering, more emphasis on MCATs, etc?) I have my hopes set for NYU and will be applying for the graduating class of 2010. Also, Is a 3.8 overall GPA look significantly worse than a 3.85? Thanks so much, you guys are a great bunch.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by ablumoon
Hi guys,

This is a question for those of you who got interviewed or accepted into NYU. Is there anything in particular that the NYU adcom looks for? (i.e. research, overseas volunteering, more emphasis on MCATs, etc?) I have my hopes set for NYU and will be applying for the graduating class of 2010. Also, Is a 3.8 overall GPA look significantly worse than a 3.85? Thanks so much, you guys are a great bunch.

3.8 is not enough. You have to get it to ~3.812333. Then again, you would need to 40T on the MCAT to make up for such a mediocre GPA.

3.85 is OK, but 3.9888 would be ideal