Nyu and Bu interviews in feb. can i still get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frustataadsas

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have interview with OSU on sat. Dec. 14th and at Temple on Dec. 16th. I think I have a chance at those two schools but my interviews with Pitt, Bu, NYU are not until Jan. 27th, Feb. 19th, and Feb. 25. Do I still have a chance at those schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview at osu on sat. 12/14 too.

Hi frustataadsas!

I have an interview at Temple on 12/16 too! See you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
MANY students are still accepted with later interviews -- and I think you will find that is the case *especially* at high-tuition schools, such as NYU and BU. The bottom line is that students will typically go elsewhere if they are given an opportunity for lower tuition. Many students have NYU and BU as their top choices, and those students will snatch up their seats early -- but many seats at these schools and others are still up for grabs in early spring.

It is sort of cool having an interview late, because I'm sure you'll hear from the schools soon after that. Some of my interviews made me antsy because I had to wait 4+ months to hear from the schools because I interviewed so early!

Congrats on your interviews. NYU and BU are find schools!

Frustataadasa and dentisttobe:

Hey, I have an interview at temple on the 16th as well....I'll see you guys there! :)

and yes frustataadsas, I definitely think you'll still have a pretty good chance of getting into boston and nyu, even though your interview in is feb :)

frustataadasa,
Don't worry, you still have a good chance of getting into BU even with a late interview. I interviewed on Feb. 27, it worked out nicely because I got my acceptance letter by March 5th.
GOOD LUCK!

hi,

i just got an invitation to interview with BU on march 25th. this must be the latest one yet! i'm not really sure if i should go or not because from what many of you are saying about tuition and travel funds. another concern is getting accepted with such a late interview date.

Yes, you still have a good shot at BU with that interview date. My friend who turned her application in after the deadline for BU received an interview in April (past the interview date) and got on the waitlist. BU then notified her of acceptance via email 2 days before school started. So don't lose your faith!!

g'luck,

NSXDent