NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

after the interview do we get a email about our status or should I just keep checking the portal?
youll get an email to check your portal

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
after the interview do we get a email about our status or should I just keep checking the portal?
I didn't get an email at all, someone mentioned here to check the portal and I did and had my decision.

• Care
Just got invited for an interview today! Only one slot was left for March 4 on the portal. Can anyone shed some light on the DDS Interview photo? Did you guys upload a photo? Is it mandatory?
Also has anyone been accepted off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got invited for an interview today! Only one slot was left for March 4 on the portal. Can anyone shed some light on the DDS Interview photo? Did you guys upload a photo? Is it mandatory?
Also has anyone been accepted off the waitlist?
Hey, I believe its mandatory. It should just be a passport style photograph uploaded to the portal.

in the directions it said to email it to their admissions email
Oops, you're right. I mixed it up with the interview questionnaire. That's supposed to be completed and submitted via portal. The photo needs to be submitted via email and confirmation of receipt should also show up on your portal.

• Care
Any advice for upcoming interview?
My interview with faculty was really relaxed and conversational. My admissions one was as well but there were definitely some specific questions asked. I would say to know your application really well and to prep for the usual questions (why NYU, why dentistry, etc).

Has NYU sent rejections yet? Does anyone know how full the class is?

Has NYU sent rejections yet? Does anyone know how full the class is?
The fb group looks like it has 234 people in it so far. I know a batch of interviews were sent out up until March 5. I’m not sure if there’s interviews after that or if they’ll send out more afterwards!

The fb group looks like it has 234 people in it so far. I know a batch of interviews were sent out up until March 5. I’m not sure if there’s interviews after that or if they’ll send out more afterwards!
Do you think all of those people are in the class? Or maybe people from last year and stuff like that?

Do you think all of those people are in the class? Or maybe people from last year and stuff like that?
It’s the fb page for 2025 dental students of NYU, so I believe it’s all people accepted in this cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there!
Do you guys know how to check the curriculum? Some sort of guide as to what classes NYUCD D1s will be taking? I can't seem to find anything on that.

Hey there!
Do you guys know how to check the curriculum? Some sort of guide as to what classes NYUCD D1s will be taking? I can't seem to find anything on that.
I remember somebody said that the curriculum at NYU is not locked in. It mostly likely changes every year to adapt any necessary change, especially we're in Covid situation.

By the way, is anyone looking for a roommate and willing to live in Brooklyn area? It'd be a lot cheaper.

Looks like NYU is still interviewing. I just scheduled mines a week from today. Good luck everyone!

Interviewed on 23rd, and just got accepted!

Reactions: 4 users
Hello friends! I’ve been mostly lurking on this thread but I just wanted to say I got accepted today and will be going to NYU Dental! I interviewed yesterday! I’m literally shaking but cannot wait to meet any of you who are going to be there!

Stats for people who care:
DAT: 22
GPA: 3.48
sGPA 3.29
BCP: 3.1

also it’s a meme but applied the day before the deadline (literally the 31st). would not recommend, but hopefully it helps people who applied a little later feel a little more at ease!

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted today so thats pretty cool

Reactions: 3 users
Hello friends! I’ve been mostly lurking on this thread but I just wanted to say I got accepted today and will be going to NYU Dental! I interviewed yesterday! I’m literally shaking but cannot wait to meet any of you who are going to be there!

Stats for people who care:
DAT: 22
GPA: 3.48
sGPA 3.29
BCP: 3.1

also it’s a meme but applied the day before the deadline (literally the 31st). would not recommend, but hopefully it helps people who applied a little later feel a little more at ease!
Congratulations! I was curious if you could share about your interview experience and if you have any good advice on how to prepare?

Congrats everyone who got accepted! Join our Facebook Group and GroupMe! We are doing a Zoom call this Sunday to meet each other

I remember somebody said that the curriculum at NYU is not locked in. It mostly likely changes every year to adapt any necessary change, especially we're in Covid situation.
Oh, so I guess it will be some time until we hear about that then. Thank you!

do they reply to thank you emails after the interview?
I sent my thank you note to the admissions email and got a general response saying my thank you note will be forwarded to the interviewers.

• Care
Any interview invites today?? I sent a letter of interest on Friday, but I haven’t heard anything back. Any advice??

From the Facebook page, it looks like the class is getting full :cryi: Does anyone know for sure if they will be sending out more invites or just accepting from the waitlist now? I have emailed my Letter of interest and have called twice as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

From the Facebook page, it looks like the class is getting full :cryi: Does anyone know for sure if they will be sending out more invites or just accepting from the waitlist now? I have emailed my Letter of interest and have called twice as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
What did they say to you during the phone call?

I think its important to remember that as more schools move their waitlists, more of those accepted NYU students will start giving up their seats. There are 253 members in the facebook group (some of which we can assume are upperclassmen) meaning there should be ~ 100 seats left. That is a lot and we still have a chance! Don't give up yet, trust the process

Reactions: 2 users
I think its important to remember that as more schools move their waitlists, more of those accepted NYU students will start giving up their seats. There are 253 members in the facebook group (some of which we can assume are upperclassmen) meaning there should be ~ 100 seats left. That is a lot and we still have a chance! Don't give up yet, trust the process
That's true! I wasn't thinking about the upperclassmen!! Thank you so much for your encouragement!!

I received an interview last week, for interview dates this week. There was space up until March 5 (I believe they only give dates for a week after). Don’t give up!! I phoned a week prior and received an interview a week after. I believe they’re interviewing until end of March maybe. 100 seats is a lot to fill up.

Don't give up. Please remember that not all 253 people on Facebook page are going to committed to NYU. They join the group because they got accepted but they probably wait to hear from the top choice schools.

Does anyone know if NYU likes letter of intent? This is my top choice school and was curious if this is something that would be good to do? Thanks for the help

Does anyone know if NYU likes letter of intent? This is my top choice school and was curious if this is something that would be good to do? Thanks for the help
Did you interview there? If not, you should send a letter of interest. Letter of intent should be sent when you received and interview & you haven’t heard back or you are waitlisted

Did you interview there? If not, you should send a letter of interest. Letter of intent should be sent when you received and interview & you haven’t heard back or you are waitlisted
I have my interview on Friday!

I received an interview invite today, I already accepted my offer from UW (my top choice) so I will be turning it down.

Hi! Do you know if this Friday is their last interview day, or if they have more dates?
When I logged on to the portal it showed availability until March 11th. Don't know if that is the last day but just thought I'd relay the information.

When I logged on to the portal it showed availability until March 11th. Don't know if that is the last day but just thought I'd relay the information.
Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing! And congrats on committing to UW :)

What else can I do to increase my chances of getting an interview?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I received an interview today at 11am! oGPA: 3.02 post-bac: 3.59 DAT: 20

March 11th was the only slot available

Reactions: 3 users