NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

has anyone gotten an interview invite in the past week?
There were invites sent out probably 10ish days ago? I had an interview last week and the schedule was open for interviews the entire week- waitlist the follow day :/
Does anyone know if they're still sending out interviews?
Based on previous years they will still be conducting interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hello everyone, I got waitlisted last year in Janauary and got accepted in March. I am currently a D1 at NYU Dental. A lot of people have been messaging me asking how I got off, so I just wanted to share here.

My GPA was not high, and my DAT score was average. I did have great extracurriculars, a great essay, and good LOR.

During your waitlist period, what I would recommend for you to do is:

-SHOW INTEREST (call, email a letter of intent)
-UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION with relevant pertinent hours of shadowing and LOR.

This will show that you are interested and competitive. They want to offer you a spot if they know you are serious.

The NYU waiting list moves fast. Do not be discouraged or upset. A lot of the people in my D1 class were waitlisted too.

Good luck to all, I hope the waitlisters gett off soon, I know how frustrating it might be.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
hello everyone, I got waitlisted last year in Janauary and got accepted in March. I am currently a D1 at NYU Dental. A lot of people have been messaging me asking how I got off, so I just wanted to share here.

My GPA was not high, and my DAT score was average. I did have great extracurriculars, a great essay, and good LOR.

This will show that you are interested and competitive. They want to offer you a spot if they know you are serious.

The NYU waiting list moves fast. Do not be discouraged or upset. A lot of the people in my D1 class were waitlisted too.

Good luck to all, I hope the waitlisters gett off soon, I know how frustrating it might be.
Thank you for the helpful tips! Really appreciate it. If we have already sent a letter of interest, would it be okay to call as well? What exactly do you suggest say when calling the admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you send a letter of interest to the school before getting an interview?

Hello, can I message you for some questions?

Interviewed on feb 3rd, got accepted through the portal on Friday

Does anyone have the clinical requirements to graduate?

Thank you for the helpful tips! Really appreciate it. If we have already sent a letter of interest, would it be okay to call as well? What exactly do you suggest say when calling the admissions?
I was extremely annoying and I thought that because of that, they would not like me. But I got accepted,so I guess my persistence was good in this situation. I would talk about your interest and that if you are given an offer, you will 100% take it

do you mind sharing what you included in the letter? I have sent 2 since december and havent heard anything from the ADCOMs, so I'm wondering if I am missing something.
I would say, call them and express your interest and ask them if there is anything they recommend you doing. They like to see that you are really interested and maybe they have good advice to give as well!

I would say, call them and express your interest and ask them if there is anything they recommend you doing. They like to see that you are really interested and maybe they have good advice to give as well!
Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite at 9:43 pm! It came at a unusually late time and I noticed that the interview, itself is an hour long. Any advice?

Hi! I just got an interview!! Any current students I can talk to?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, yeah ofc! 19AA, 21 TS, 3.2 uGPA, 3.9masters GPA. Submitted application early june

Hey! Just received an interview today with interview dates all of next week and the week after.

Side note-- If anyone has any tips/advice please let me know! Thank you.
Hi, can you please privately message me when you get the chance? Thanks:)

Do you guys think it's bad to just copy what I wrote on AADSAS for the why NYU question on the portal?

Does anyone know if there would be more interviews? Can someone who has an interview ask the admission staff and let us know PLEASE?!!:cryi:

I wasn’t able to find the FB group for the admitted students. Can anyone help?

Does anyone know if there would be more interviews? Can someone who has an interview ask the admission staff and let us know PLEASE?!!:cryi:
I received this response today directly from Admissions after emailing them: “Our office will be inviting students to interview from now through March. You may hear back from us at any point during that time. Remember to check your portal and email for updates throughout the cycle.”

Anyone who is a current student at NYU, can u comment on the vaccine situation for students there

Anyone who is a current student at NYU, can u comment on the vaccine situation for students there
I'm not a current student but I have a friend who is one and they basically did it down the line from what I understood- D4s first then D3s, D2s, D1s :)

For anyone who interviewed and sent thank you emails, did u wait until they sent the interviewers contact info or email Admissions right after ?

I'm not a current student but I have a friend who is one and they basically did it down the line from what I understood- D4s first then D3s, D2s, D1s :)

Currently D1 student. They only vaccinated the faculty, D4's and some D3's so far. They said "f*** you" to the rest. Epidemiology professor expects us to get vaccinated with the rest of public population in the summer. Their excuse? "Dental students aren't on the eligible vaccinations list. We must follow the states eligibility list" meanwhile D4's and D3's get vaccinated and every other school provided the vaccine to all year students.

As many students have said. The administration doesn't care about us.

Reactions: 1 users
Current NYU Students,

How has your experience been at nyu during covid? Are you mostly working remotely/what is your schedule like? For those commuting, is it manageable with the current schedule?

Most importantly, are you happy with your choice being nyu? I know the cost is a huge factor, but besides that.. how is everything else?

I would really appreciate if any D1s could provide some insight and maybe what a typical week looks like for you.

I have just been accepted into the program, and i am just really trying to figure out what current students feel and if its worth attending.

Currently D1 student. They only vaccinated the faculty, D4's and some D3's so far. They said "f*** you" to the rest. Epidemiology professor expects us to get vaccinated with the rest of public population in the summer. Their excuse? "Dental students aren't on the eligible vaccinations list. We must follow the states eligibility list" meanwhile D4's and D3's get vaccinated and every other school provided the vaccine to all year students.

As many students have said. The administration doesn't care about us.

Let's be accurate with the information.

Yes, all faculties are vaccinated. They have direct contact with the patients.

Yes, all D3 and D4 are vaccinated. They have direct contact with the patients.

No, D1 and D2 are not in the list of vaccination because they do NOT have direct patient contact.

NY guideline specifically says that the healthcare professionals ONLY WITH DIRECT PATIENT CARE should be vaccinated. You don't do that. Other schools in other states may have varying requirements. If you are really upset about this, fine, go ahead and get the vaccine. You can. You just have to lie that you have direct patient contact upon registration. Did you have an ethics course yet? Did you pass?

If the school required it, like many schools in the country, fine, get it. NYUCD does not mandate every student to get it. I would give the vaccine to those who are actually in need first: healthcare workers with direct patient care and all others in the in the current criteria.

Reactions: 3 users
Let's be accurate with the information.

Yes, all faculties are vaccinated. They have direct contact with the patients.

Yes, all D3 and D4 are vaccinated. They have direct contact with the patients.

No, D1 and D2 are not in the list of vaccination because they do NOT have direct patient contact.

NY guideline specifically says that the healthcare professionals ONLY WITH DIRECT PATIENT CARE should be vaccinated. You don't do that. Other schools in other states may have varying requirements. If you are really upset about this, fine, go ahead and get the vaccine. You can. You just have to lie that you have direct patient contact upon registration. Did you have an ethics course yet? Did you pass?

If the school required it, like many schools in the country, fine, get it. NYUCD does not mandate every student to get it. I would give the vaccine to those who are actually in need first: healthcare workers with direct patient care and all others in the in the current criteria.
Not sure why you feel the need to leave nearly the same point on both my posts and then call out my integrity because I’m angry. I've responded to your other post as to why as they scrapped the pediatric initial clinic program, but sure, keep shilling for NYU.

And really? Going with the ethics course strawman? Did I hurt your feelings by calling out NYU?

Last edited:
If I am trying to specialize in ortho would NYU give me enough experience/ research ? When I interviewed, they said there is a waitlist to shadow for ortho. Also, I know, grades are king as is class rank as well as GRE or adat. Let’s leave that aside and assume I’ll be at the top of the class with top test scores.

Last edited:
is there any nontraditional student who got accepted this year without a master's degree?

has anyone waitlisted with a post-dec 15th interview gotten accepted yet

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users