NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

From the students who currently go to NYU or know someone that goes there, how much do you have to put aside for rent per month?

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to live in Manhattan/near the school around ~$1500-$1800 if you live with roommates. However there are a LOT of great deals right now because so many people have left the city
I looked at the East Village and saw more reasonable pricing. This might be a stupid question but do FAFSA loans go towards rent? Does it factor into our COA?

Reactions: 1 user
I looked at the East Village and saw more reasonable pricing. This might be a stupid question but do FAFSA loans go towards rent? Does it factor into our COA?
ya im pretty sure loans go towards rent! but your loans wont kick in until school starts so security deposit and whatever other fees you might have at the beginning you will probably have to front from what i understand

Members don't see this ad :)
how so? my interview is coming up so im curious
Maybe I'm the only one who had this experience but I felt like my interviewer was focusing extremely minor points of my app (like how many dentists worked at a dental office I shadowed) and could have asked me more important questions about my personality, goals in the future, etc. this was my 7th interview and definitely one of the strangest. I would know your app inside and out tbh.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe I'm the only one who had this experience but I felt like my interviewer was focusing extremely minor points of my app (like how many dentists worked at a dental office I shadowed) and could have asked me more important questions about my personality, goals in the future, etc. this was my 7th interview and definitely one of the strangest. I would know your app inside and out tbh.
Hah mine was this targeted grilling, too, but by no means a negative experience (only strange, compared to the other interviews I’ve been apart). If anything, it was this “chop shop”/casual type of vibe all throughout. Definitely echo knowing the ins and outs of your app!

Also: Waitlisted, but optimistic and grateful! 💪

Last edited:
Ok so maybe this is a silly question, but how do we start the process of taking out loans for NYU? I filled out my FAFSA, but now what? I need to take out loans to fully cover all of tuition and rent, but I have no clue how to start. Thanks!!!

Reactions: 1 users

My interview with NYU was probably my most negative interview tbh (I've had 6). Admittedly, I do have red flags on my app, but it seemed like my interviewer came in with such a negative attitude towards me and was skeptical of everything I said. I spent a long time throughout the interview explaining myself because she kept bringing it up, but it seemed like the interviewer didn't listen at all and would say random, unrelated things that broke up the flow of the conversation.

I left feeling like I wasted my time and nothing I could say/do would have changed my interviewer's preconceived perception about me. Towards the end of the interview my interviewer even made a comment about how she "Hoped I can prove her wrong", implying that she would not recommend for my acceptance.

Thankfully I was accepted to a few schools that didn't interview me with such a closed mind.

Reactions: 3 users
My interview with NYU was probably my most negative interview tbh (I've had 6). Admittedly, I do have red flags on my app, but it seemed like my interviewer came in with such a negative attitude towards me and was skeptical of everything I said. I spent a long time throughout the interview explaining myself because she kept bringing it up, but it seemed like the interviewer didn't listen at all and would say random, unrelated things that broke up the flow of the conversation.

I left feeling like I wasted my time and nothing I could say/do would have changed my interviewer's preconceived perception about me. Towards the end of the interview my interviewer even made a comment about how she "Hoped I can prove her wrong", implying that she would not recommend for my acceptance.

Thankfully I was accepted to a few schools that didn't interview me with such a closed mind.
oh my god I had the same exact experience. And yes I agree that this interview was my most negative one. I think we might have actually had the same interviewer lol very strange. Did you get waitlisted? Can I private message you?

My interview didn’t seem too stressful to me but interviewer also focused on the negative aspects of my application and asked why/if I thought I was ready for dental school.

oh my god I had the same exact experience. And yes I agree that this interview was my most negative one. I think we might have actually had the same interviewer lol very strange. Did you get waitlisted? Can I private message you?

Yup I was waitlisted haha (declined my spot). My stats were 3.3gpa, 25AA/25TS DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
hay anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet?

those who had an interview in February how long did it take for you to hear about the decision?

Ok so maybe this is a silly question, but how do we start the process of taking out loans for NYU? I filled out my FAFSA, but now what? I need to take out loans to fully cover all of tuition and rent, but I have no clue how to start. Thanks!!!
bump

does anybody know what percentage of people they interview post-dec get accepted?

Does anyone know if they are gonna be sending out any more interviews? Or they're starting to accept from the waitlist from now on?

It's still surreal to me but got accepted to NYU today.
Interviewed mid-February

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if they are gonna be sending out any more interviews? Or they're starting to accept from the waitlist from now on?
Hey, I have an interview coming up on the 23rd. As far as I know they are interviewing.

App submitted: Early November
Invited to interview: Jan 11
Interviewed: Jan 29
Accepted: Feb 1

Reactions: 1 users
Yup pretty insane deposit just shows what you're getting yourself into! 1st deposit is 1500, 2nd deposit 3500 but there's a couple months gap between the two deposits

*2 week gap
Between deposits as of February

hey! do you mind sharing when you got offered an interview?
Sure! I was offered an interview on 2/9. I remember 2/17, 2/19, 2/23, and 2/24 were the dates I could choose from. I have a feeling NYU will be sending more invites for March.

• Love
Congrats!! When did you submit your app/what were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Thank you! I applied in early August
Masters cGPA/sGPA 3.85
Undergrad cGPA 3.2/sGPA 3.1
AA19 TS20