NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hey guys, I got accepted to NYU 2 days after interviewing with them and they gave me a 30,000 acceptance scholarship. NYU was actually one of my top choices but due to my circumstances, I have chosen to go to a different school simply because of living expense differences in the areas (have a small family etc). I was actually extremely sad when I declined the offer this morning- I am almost in tears. However, this opens up a spot for someone else whose position I could have been in. Good luck future dentists! Also some of my interview tips:
1. Stand out- if you've had an interesting job or hobby, talk about it
2. Make sure you have a defining story of an example of leadership or an ethical dilemma. When I told a certain story about a place I worked at and me changing certain procedures and policies, this really stood out to the schools and got accepted to each one I told the story to vs the others where I didn't.
3. Be yourself but be professional. Most of these people interviewing you are doctors but at the end of the day human. Be interested in them and their lives- ask questions about them and also be a bit conversational.
4. You got this. I almost gave up considering this is my second time applying but after talking with many doctors and peers at work the consensus I got was DONT GIVE UP. TRY AND TRY AGAIN. If I didn't get accepted this cycle, I would have tried for a 3rd. Keep going, if you don't see yourself doing anything else and you have worked hard AF to get to where you are, keep going.
Wow, first of all, congratulations! I'm sorry, you could not attend NYU, but I'm positive you'll do great at the other school too.

Did you know who was interviewing you beforehand? Like the name of the faculty. Also, I am aware there are two different people who interview you, the first is a faculty member and the second is an administrative representative. Is the one with the administrative representative, with a current dental student and was it a repetition of the same types of interview questions? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, first of all, congratulations! I'm sorry, you could not attend NYU, but I'm positive you'll do great at the other school too.

Did you know who was interviewing you beforehand? Like the name of the faculty. Also, I am aware there are two different people who interview you, the first is a faculty member and the second is an administrative representative. Is the one with the administrative representative, with a current dental student and was it a repetition of the same types of interview questions? Thanks!
Hey. No I did not know. The first one was a faculty/ Doctor and the second one was an administrative rep. They were both super super nice. In fact, interviewing at NYU was so awesome- I had the best interview there, which is why it was so hard to decline the offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it's kinda late in this cycle, but I just got an interview invitation. Quite shocked.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I got accepted to NYU 2 days after interviewing with them and they gave me a 30,000 acceptance scholarship. NYU was actually one of my top choices but due to my circumstances, I have chosen to go to a different school simply because of living expense differences in the areas (have a small family etc). I was actually extremely sad when I declined the offer this morning- I am almost in tears. However, this opens up a spot for someone else whose position I could have been in. Good luck future dentists! Also some of my interview tips:
1. Stand out- if you've had an interesting job or hobby, talk about it
2. Make sure you have a defining story of an example of leadership or an ethical dilemma. When I told a certain story about a place I worked at and me changing certain procedures and policies, this really stood out to the schools and got accepted to each one I told the story to vs the others where I didn't.
3. Be yourself but be professional. Most of these people interviewing you are doctors but at the end of the day human. Be interested in them and their lives- ask questions about them and also be a bit conversational.
4. You got this. I almost gave up considering this is my second time applying but after talking with many doctors and peers at work the consensus I got was DONT GIVE UP. TRY AND TRY AGAIN. If I didn't get accepted this cycle, I would have tried for a 3rd. Keep going, if you don't see yourself doing anything else and you have worked hard AF to get to where you are, keep going.
Do you mind sharing your stats?

It’s with an admission representative. Mine was with the assistant dean of admissions and that’s it, no dental students present until the Q&A. A few of the questions were the same but the overall interview was different in my experience. I heard some say that it was similar.

Anyone know the acceptance rate after receiving an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Had my interview on March 16... it went okay
definitely had a good cop/bad cop situation
Anxiously checking my email every ten seconds
Anybody know how long it takes to get a response with such a late interview?

I had my interview yesterday and they told us it takes about two weeks or maybe less

For anyone here who lives in NJ and will be/is attending NYU: is driving even a possibility? If not, is it doable to use public transportation everyday?

For anyone here who lives in NJ and will be/is attending NYU: is driving even a possibility? If not, is it doable to use public transportation everyday?
Im from NJ and I plan on living in the city. However, I think if you were to be in Jersey City, you can take the PATH into New York on 23rd and 6th, and then the bus which should drop you off like down the street from the school, that should take like 50 minutes.

I had the same issue... bad cop first then good cop situation. they did notify me within two days as waitlist.

I had the same issue... bad cop first then good cop situation. they did notify me within two days as waitlist.
also, what were your stats if you dont mind me asking?
my first interviewer didnt ask me anything besides why my DAT wasnt as high

Hey,
No, I had no clue however they both turned out to be so so nice. I really loved my interview at NYU

Anybody know what the turn around time for a response post interview is?
I interview this week so a fairly late interview. Friends of mine who go to NYU said it would only take a few days,

Did anyone on the waitlist got the phone call from NYU? Does it mean you are getting off the waitlist?

Anyone who interviewed on March 17th heard anything back yet?

Just got accepted!! I haven’t received an email yet, it was on the portal!

Just checked the portal and got accepted!!! Email came after

I just received an email to check an update on my portal! Interviewed on March 16 and got accepted today!

Are there a lot of people going to go to another school instead of NYU?

I interviewed 3/17 and just got accepted! Can't believe it!

Can I ask how did you get off the waitlist?
I scheduled a virtual meeting with them and I think this definitely help! The admission lady that I met was super nice and asked me to send the updates that she would want from me. Got accepted one day after the meeting.

Anyone know if they allow people to drop in-progress courses that are not prerequisites? I have three planned courses that I decided not to take (I already have a bachelors and a master’s), do I just email the school and let them know I’ll be dropping them, or do I need to ask first?

Last edited:
Buffalo Vs NYU??? Not really sure which to pick. Im in state if anyone could help with the decision id appreciate it.

Buffalo Vs NYU??? Not really sure which to pick. Im in state if anyone could help with the decision id appreciate it.
I live in-state and I would choose Buffalo if I got in. The tuition is cheaper so you’ll be a dentist with less debt.

is the class full? when is it the last day to hold multiple deposits
According to Richard Anchundia, it is April 1st as the last day to hold multiple deposits. They will be notified. NYU's deposit is very expensive and other places are a lot cheaper. My suggestion is to go somewhere cheaper to have less debt. That's the name of the game.

• Care
Just got an interview invite! They had available dates for Friday and next Monday and Tuesday! It’s not over till it’s over guys!!

also just got an interview invite, they're interviewing up to march 31st !

Are the interviews right now for the waitlist? Just wondering since I know some others schools that specify when they are interviewing just for their waitlist

on Monday they said their class is not full, does anyone know if its currently full? the fb group has like 340 people
They didn’t specify in the invite if it was for waitlist or not but I’m assuming based on this info that their class is still not full. Also, fb groups tend to have way more ppl in them since ppl who got accepted but won’t attend are in there plus, current students might be in there as well. NYU tends to interview through March anyways so it’s not unusual for them to interview this late.

I sent a letter of intent on Wednesday and I got accepted now!!

I sent a letter of intent on Wednesday and I got accepted now!!
Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats and if you were on the waitlist? if you were do you mind sharing what all you did to get off the waitlist? Thank you in advance!!