NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Just got an interview invite! They had available dates for Friday and next Monday and Tuesday! It’s not over till it’s over guys!!
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you complete the application? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Buffalo Vs NYU??? Not really sure which to pick. Im in state if anyone could help with the decision id appreciate it.

Was in the same situation this cycle! Rn committed to buffalo, students at nyu tell me if I got in elsewhere to go there. Plus who can easily just give up that tuition difference? Buff also has a smaller class size and nicer facilities

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats and if you were on the waitlist? if you were do you mind sharing what all you did to get off the waitlist? Thank you in advance!!
19AA/20TS 3.5 MS GPA
I emailed admissions regarding my interest, and I was emailed a waitlist information session to attend. Went to the session on Wednesday as well as sent a letter of intent stating that I will pay the deposit immediately and attend the program if admitted as well showing my official grades and a letter of rec from my academic advisor.

then today I got an offer of admission and paid the deposit too

Reactions: 2 users
how do you show ur offical grades? for fall?
Have your academic advisory or the dean of your department email your current official grades submitted collected by your professors in each class for the current semester (spring) to the admissions officer at NYU.

Just got accepted into my state school. Will be giving up my seat to someone deserving!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted into my state school. Will be giving up my seat to someone deserving!

finding nemo seagulls GIF

• Haha
Congrats! I saw that you interviewed at Columbia last month -- did you hear good news from them yet?
Congrats! I saw that you interviewed at Columbia last month -- did you hear good news from them yet?
Got a FAT alternate list from them hahaha. But at the end of the day I would’ve turned them down as well for my state school. Honored to have even received an interview from them. And NYU is an incredible school as well. I just think the 200K+ I’d save is too good to pass up.

interviewed 3/16
accepted 3/19
AA 19, TS 18, PAT 17
GPA 3.5
Was super surprised i got accepted with my terrible DAT but you really never know. so excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
19AA/20TS 3.5 MS GPA
I emailed admissions regarding my interest, and I was emailed a waitlist information session to attend. Went to the session on Wednesday as well as sent a letter of intent stating that I will pay the deposit immediately and attend the program if admitted as well showing my official grades and a letter of rec from my academic advisor.

then today I got an offer of admission and paid the deposit too
Hi so did you have an interview or was your application under review and you reached out to them?

reached out several of times but yet no acceptance:( anything else i should do??
All I can tell you is to wait. The waiting game is brutal, but we just need to endure. There is still plenty of time left for decisions to go out.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone tell me how much the admission representative interview matter for the acceptance? I was not prepared..
It matters a lot! Every single part of the interview is important Part 1 and Part 2. They give recommendations Dr Eugenia Mejia.

Can anyone tell me how much the admission representative interview matter for the acceptance? I was not prepared..
How were you not prepared lol it was a lot more conversational and less stressful than the formal interview, at least for me

It seems like NYU is scurrying to try to fill up their class. It’s like they are interviewing one day and then sending out a decision the next 😂

still no acceptance over here :( i’ve reached out several of times
Based on what I’ve been reading, I’m sure they are going to reach out soon either with and acceptance or waitlist offer. Hang in there.

Not sure if there will be more interviews, but I received mine on Monday March 22nd. The only days left were the 30th and 31st!

Interviewed on March 23rd
Accepted on March 26th
Stats: 3.61gpa/3.75sgpa 19AA/21TS/18PAT

I did send a thank you letter after my interview. Interview was super chill. I am waitlisted at Tufts but I think I'll take NYU.

Just got accepted! Interviewed on Friday!

On the questionnaire before the interview, did y’all put ALL the schools you applied to? I applied to so many and idk if I should put them all down

waitlisted at 5 pm today, interviewed Friday

I am sending a letter of intent tomorrow, any other advice is highly appreciated

On the questionnaire before the interview, did y’all put ALL the schools you applied to? I applied to so many and idk if I should put them all down
I put all the schools including the ones I had interviews too and still got accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it helpful if I get a part time job at a dental office if I am waitlisted?

also, i tried calling the office but no one is answering and there is only an automatic message stating that everyone is working home and try calling later..

How did everyone reach the admission office by phone??
They called me back a few hours later, even I didn't leave any voice message or phone number. Hope this helps.

I called today but No one called me back..
Do they reply back to letter of intent??
They responded to mine stating to check my portal often and that they’ll add it to my file.

Like everyone has said, if you want to go to NYU and are wait-listed the magic formula is to say you have the $5,000 deposit to pay immediately and will withdraw your application from every other school you are wait-listed or accepted. Also, have some good reason why NYU is the #1 school. Do not forget to stress that NYU is your #1 school. Probably also say you are not afraid of the $600k debt because you see it as an investment or, if you are lucky enough, that your parents will pay for it.

Last edited: