NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Is anyone's app still in review? What can you do in your gap year instead of taking masters?
You can try getting a job as a dental assistant. If your scores are low, you may want to look into a masters, certificate, or post bacc

Members don't see this ad.

Received interview today at 1:03 pst. Only available day to schedule was april 21

Reactions: 4 users
Received interview today at 1:03 pst. Only available day to schedule was april 21
Could you please tell me your stat? I’m still under review and I don’t know if i will get an interview

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted! And I interviewed on April 7th

I'm still under review -- does this mean im less likely to get an interview at this point?

I completed the FAFSA a few weeks ago, but on the NYU portal theres no green check mark to show i completed it/they received it. I sent them an email over a week ago asking if they got it and they didnt reply

I completed the FAFSA a few weeks ago, but on the NYU portal theres no green check mark to show i completed it/they received it. I sent them an email over a week ago asking if they got it and they didnt reply
They do not update the portal every week. As long as you receive a confirmation that you successfully submitted the FAFSA, you should be fine. By May and it is still red, contact the NYU finance dept.

The same thing happened to me. I called them and they needed my social security number to link my fafsa to the portal

Members don't see this ad :)
You can try getting a job as a dental assistant. If your scores are low, you may want to look into a masters, certificate, or post bacc
You could also consider academic enrichment courses online via Coursera, summer dental workshops (Summer Health Professions Education Program «) at colleges/universities, volunteering at community clinics or underserved communities, Dental Shadowers / Youtube virtual shadowing, etc

Do you guys think its better to use your university's Committee Letter vs normal professor rec letters for NYU?

Accepted 04/22 , I did interview on 04/13

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! May I ask if you did anything to get off waitlist?
Hi, I sent a letter with updates and to express my continued interest. I also called a couple of times and was just about to schedule a virtual visit (which I may still have to do, because a lot of the links and videos aren’t working). Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else's application is still under review?? Are they sending out any more interviews at this point?

Does anyone know if previous years extended the interview invites to May?

how many days after faxing your heatlh forms to the school did a green checkmark appear on the portal

Hi, I sent a letter with updates and to express my continued interest. I also called a couple of times and was just about to schedule a virtual visit (which I may still have to do, because a lot of the links and videos aren’t working). Good luck!!
Who did you send the letter to (email)?

I am currently A D1 at NYUCD if anyone has any questions I can do my best to answer and shed some light for all of you.

I am currently A D1 at NYUCD if anyone has any questions I can do my best to answer and shed some light for all of you.
For your application year, do you remember when the interview invites closed? I can see some got accepted in May/June, which is really late

For your application year, do you remember when the interview invites closed? I can see some got accepted in May/June, which is really late
Im not sure when interview invites closed. I do know that people we're taken off the waitlist up until the week school started.

How do you like NYU so far? Do you feel like the education and training is pretty good? I feel like I can’t get a good idea of how the school actually is, everyone’s always just hating on it in those DAT Facebook groups because it’s expensive

Anyone got rejected after waitlist or is still on the waitlist?

How do you like NYU so far? Do you feel like the education and training is pretty good? I feel like I can’t get a good idea of how the school actually is, everyone’s always just hating on it in those DAT Facebook groups because it’s expensive
I like the school so far, not much to complain about and if there is something it seems to be universal for all dental schools. Example of that would be wanting test scores a little sooner, etc. I feel like the training is very good and the content being taught is relevant to being a good clinician in the future. Shadowing in the clinics it seems the D3s and D4s are trained more than adequately and patients they have truly enjoy getting work done by them. I have seen maybe one or 2 patients not satisfied completely and it was not due to the clinicians but more so the extent of work the patient needed to get done due to underlying disease and lack of good hygiene. To be fair the school is expensive because New York City is expensive, but tuition seems to cost the same as other private schools. The expense is the cost of living compared to other places.

Hello,
Does anyone know when is the deadline to submit tuition fee for the first year and do we have to pay in full?

tuition is paid per semester I believe. Even with international students, u don't have to pay in full, said their office. idk about the deadline tho but you could ask the admissions office.

Accepted on 5/16 from the waitlist! Good luck to everyone!!

Accepted today. 3.34 oGPA, 3.16sGPA, 21 AA and TS, nothing lower than 20. Interviewed in April and got waitlisted, no Letter of Intent sent

Has anyone heard anything back yet? Got off the waitlist?

I am going to give up my seat at NYU dental in the next few days... hopefully whoever is on the waitlist will hear good news soon. Best of luck and never lose hope! :)

Hello Everyone, I am applying for the couple times now, what can I do to get in I am 38 years old and seriously have to get into dental school. And NYU for some reason doesnt accept me. GPA:3.6 DAT 19. Plenty of EC, vounteer, and dont know what to do? please help

Hello Everyone, I am applying for the couple times now, what can I do to get in I am 38 years old and seriously have to get into dental school. And NYU for some reason doesnt accept me. GPA:3.6 DAT 19. Plenty of EC, vounteer, and dont know what to do? please help
Feel free to dm me! I am happy to help