Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard from Columbia or NYU this week??[/QUOTE
NYU put me on the wait list almost 3 weeks ago. I didn't apply to Columbia.I haven't heard back from either schools yet.. are you on the waitlist?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone heard from Columbia or NYU this week??[/QUOTE
NYU put me on the wait list almost 3 weeks ago. I didn't apply to Columbia.I haven't heard back from either schools yet.. are you on the waitlist?
I haven't heard back either. I can't help taking it as a bad sign but then I saw people on here who hadn't heard back and then they got in as late as last week.. which gives me hope. Basically I'm on an emotional roller coaster with this process - it's so confusing how they're doing this. I can't believe another week has gone by with nothingI haven't heard back from either schools yet.. are you on the waitlist?

I think you should follow up to give you some peace!Has anyone sent the wait list response form for NYU and did not receive an email saying that you are still on the wait list? I faxed & emailed my response...don't know if I should follow up.
when did you send in the response? They send you another email like 3 weeks after you do so from the office of graduate admissions.Has anyone sent the wait list response form for NYU and did not receive an email saying that you are still on the wait list? I faxed & emailed my response...don't know if I should follow up.
I emailed them March 25th and faxed the day after. Still didn't get any form of confirmation.when did you send in the response? They send you another email like 3 weeks after you do so from the office of graduate admissions.
I heard from them the 10th of March. My friend just heard from them on Monday but he was rejected.When did everyone hear from Columbia? Still waiting to hear from them
I did but they did not answer. The information video says there is a large amount put on the wait list. Another form states that one information session said there's 50 but I believe there rough 50-75 at least on the waiting listHas anyone contacted NYU and asked how many people are on the waitlist?
I'm still waiting… it's killing me!When did everyone hear from Columbia? Still waiting to hear from them
ok thanks. did you commit to Columbia?I did but they did not answer. The information video says there is a large amount put on the wait list. Another form states that one information session said there's 50 but I believe there rough 50-75 at least on the waiting list
How do they send a decision? By email that takes you to a link to log into?I heard from them the 10th of March. My friend just heard from them on Monday but he was rejected.
Yes I did!ok thanks. did you commit to Columbia?
My email said exactly this "Columbia University's Programs in Occupational Therapy has completed its review of your application. A decision letter is waiting for you in your application portal." If you see that, it is a good sign, because my friend got a rejection letter sent via email.How do they send a decision? By email that takes you to a link to log into?
I am also having the same issue, help? 🙁Help! I got an email to check my portal (for columbia) but can't find where the decision is listed anywhere… I know this is a dumb question but where did people who were admitted find it exactly? am i missing something?
Help! I got an email to check my portal (for columbia) but can't find where the decision is listed anywhere… I know this is a dumb question but where did people who were admitted find it exactly? am i missing something?
I think this is good news for you guys! But, the decision should be at the bottom of your portal. Sign in on applyyourself and it'll be at the bottom of the page.I am also having the same issue, help? 🙁
Help! I got an email to check my portal (for columbia) but can't find where the decision is listed anywhere… I know this is a dumb question but where did people who were admitted find it exactly? am i missing something?
I am also having the same issue, help? 🙁
I called the office and nobody picked up 🙁If it is not there, contact their office and tell them
Yes, today :OWhen did you guys receive the email?? Today?!
I got wait listed... 🙁I called the office and nobody picked up 🙁
Same :/ anyone know the chances of getting off the wait list at Columbia?I got wait listed... 🙁
I was accepted to Columbia today! I was not expecting this at all and am very surprised so I hadn't even really considered Columbia's program. For those of you who are going, can you give me some reasons why you decided on Columbia? Thanks 🙂
Thanks so much for your input. I am deciding between Columbia and another program which is an OTD so I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of a masters vs. doctorate program. If you have any more insight into that that you could share, I'd appreciate it as well!For me, the research aspect of the curriculum definitely played a big role in my decision. I also liked that courses are paired with field work with a particular population, as well as the heightened emphasis on mental health. It's also shorter than many programs (only 24 months!), where I want to be geographically, and significantly more affordable than some other nearby options. I was in a similar position and did not really expect to get in/consider it much before, but it seems like a very unique and solid program. Best of luck with your decision, and congratulations!
Definitely OTD...it comes to doctor's degree, as well as DPT. for sure. Good luckThanks so much for your input. I am deciding between Columbia and another program which is an OTD so I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of a masters vs. doctorate program. If you have any more insight into that that you could share, I'd appreciate it as well!
Me! I haven't heard back. I'm sure there's a chunk of us. I think it's going in wavesHas anyone not heard back from Columbia yet? Lol
How come? The Master's is is going to remain the necessary minimum degree for awhile with OT, everyone applying now will be more than grandfathered in, and if/when the change requiring a doctorate comes, they should have more than enough work experience to make up for the lack of OTD. I guess if you want to go straight into academia than an OTD right away makes more sense, but can't you also get your master's, practice for a few years to see what population your interested in studying, then go back for an OTD when you have a better idea (and when you've recovered a little from all the debt you incurred from your master's)?Definitely OTD...it comes to doctor's degree, as well as DPT. for sure. Good luck
Has anyone not heard back from Columbia yet? Lol
So I haven't gotten an email from Columbia to check my online portal but I just went ahead and checked it last night anyway and there was a decision waiting for me. I was not admittedMe! I haven't heard back. I'm sure there's a chunk of us. I think it's going in waves
Has anyone not heard back from Columbia yet? Lol
Me! I haven't heard back. I'm sure there's a chunk of us. I think it's going in waves
So I haven't gotten an email from Columbia to check my online portal but I just went ahead and checked it last night anyway and there was a decision waiting for me. I was not admitted
I looked it up and Columbia says their decisions are final and don't allow for an appeal process.Was not admitted! Does anyone know if Columbia does an appeal process?
How come? The Master's is is going to remain the necessary minimum degree for awhile with OT, everyone applying now will be more than grandfathered in, and if/when the change requiring a doctorate comes, they should have more than enough work experience to make up for the lack of OTD. I guess if you want to go straight into academia than an OTD right away makes more sense, but can't you also get your master's, practice for a few years to see what population your interested in studying, then go back for an OTD when you have a better idea (and when you've recovered a little from all the debt you incurred from your master's)?
This is what I've been thinking about. Since the OTD isn't necessary and won't pay anymore out of school, I'd be saving a lot of money by going to Columbia and getting my MS.
Think as a future professional! Value, time and prestige! Any doctor's degree better then master's one, not just because of academic reason...This is what I've been thinking about. Since the OTD isn't necessary and won't pay anymore out of school, I'd be saving a lot of money by going to Columbia and getting my MS.
I have a 3.9 overall GPA and 4.0 prereq GPA with about 200 observation hours in multiple settings and yet I was rejected from both Columbia and NYU...not even waitlisted!! Anyone have any suggestions of anything I can do or how to make sense of this? I know of people with much lower GPAs who have gotten into NYU
I'm in the same boat as you. I spent my easter yesterday with my family looking at my credentials and discussing my rejection. My family could not even fathom on the reasoning behind it. I even have a Masters Degree in Epidemiology with a 3.9 GPA. I just can't make sense of how I did not even make it on the waitlist. My undergrad GPA was a 3.2 but my Pre-req was a 3.8 and I have 250 observation hours. I really can't make sense of this at all. I don't even know where to improve upon.
congratulations! I was waitlisted at both Columbia and NYU so knowing they're pulling from the waitlist already gives me some hope!I just got accepted into NYU off the wait list! Eeeeeekkkkk!!! I'm feeling so grateful and humbled and I don't even know what to do with my excitement. I've also been accepted into an out of state school. Decisions, decisions! Good luck to you all!
congratulations! I was waitlisted at both Columbia and NYU so knowing they're pulling from the waitlist already gives me some hope!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.