nyu, cornell, mount sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sk678

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
how are nyu, cornell and mount sinai ranked??

question 2....for non academic positions, does the place of residency matter in neuro....im thinking the answer is no, like in most other fields of medicine

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Below the "top 4" or so, rankings of neuro programs are extremely subjective. That said, my understanding is as follows: Cornell's rep isn't what it used to be, but still a very well-regarded program. Obviously a great place for Neuro-onc (thru Sloan affiliation). Sinai is an excellent program - probably better than Cornell at this point. NYU is definitely below both Sinai and Cornell. They have great institutional resources (ie, a great epilepsy center) but a fairly poorly regarded residency program.

As for non-academic jobs, it probably doesn't matter - however - some private practice groups are affiliated with academic medical centers, and I would think having a good pedigree would help for those spots. Also, fellowships are becoming more & more popular in neuro, and coming from a "name" program would help you get your pick of fellowship. Getting or not getting a neurophys fellowship has obvious income implications, so I think it wouldn't hurt to go to a program with a little name cache...