This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MemberX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking to do my residency in NYC. I have my initial impressions about each program but I was hoping to get other people's point of views, especially from current or former residents. However, anyone with knowledge about the programs would be appreciated. Figure SDN would allow people to freely speak their minds about these programs (both good and bad). Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I second this... would love any input.
Especially: Are columbia residents really as malignant/miserable/etc as people have said? Does that suggest that the other nyc (i.e. cornell, nyu, sinai) programs are not overworked? not sure where to place everything when it comes to nyc

Reactions: 1 user
I'd also like some input on Sinai and Downstate if possible.

I second this... would love any input.
Especially: Are columbia residents really as malignant/miserable/etc as people have said? Does that suggest that the other nyc (i.e. cornell, nyu, sinai) programs are not overworked? not sure where to place everything when it comes to nyc

Yes please, any input about Columbia, Cornell, NYU, Sinai from any recent alums would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance