Nyu first choice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rdhdds15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nyu is my first choice. I am curious as to how many people have this school as there first choice. If this is your first choice and have an interview post your stats. =) try and follow the format. Good luck =)

School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
GPA (science, overall)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):

Members don't see this ad.

exactly 0 peoples

i'm unusually spiteful today
if you dream of living like a dentist in the near future, going to nyu isn't going to help you. you'd be closer to living the financially stable life of a dentist by working at costco than, strangely enough, going to nyu dental school <-- exaggeration that's becoming less and less of an exaggeration

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with sgv - On a side note i've been working at Costco for the past 4 years. Its a great gig :)
oh my gosh...supposedly 70% of costco managers started off working the cashier or the floor and da median salary of managers is $170,000...wtf
http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Costco-Wholesale-General-Manager-Salaries-E2590_D_KO17,32.htm

assistant managers make $80k...
http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Costco-Wholesale-Assistant-Manager-Salaries-E2590_D_KO17,34.htm

...i guess I wasn't exageratting when i said that you're closer to living the life of a dentist by working at costco than going to nyu dental school.

if you were my son/daughter, i'd advise against going to nyu unless you had some military scholarship...

Last edited:
exactly 0 peoples

i'm unusually spiteful today
if you dream of living like a dentist in the near future, going to nyu isn't going to help you. you'd be closer to living the financially stable life of a dentist by working at costco than, strangely enough, going to nyu dental school <-- exaggeration that's becoming less and less of an exaggeration

Sometimes I feel like you're doctoothache jr...

Anyway, for the original topic, NYU is a bizarre school to have as your top choice... Unless you're hooked up for free tuition/free living (military scholarship, loaded with money), I would find a cheaper school to have as your top choice.

Sometimes I feel like you're doctoothache jr...

Anyway, for the original topic, NYU is a bizarre school to have as your top choice... Unless you're hooked up for free tuition/free living (military scholarship, loaded with money), I would find a cheaper school to have as your top choice.

^^this.

Well I currently live in NYC area. So I would save on living expenses. Which is a big deal for out of state students. My interview is around the corner.

I interviewed there this past week. Students didn't really recommend commuting - wastes too much time.

Well I currently live in NYC area. So I would save on living expenses. Which is a big deal for out of state students. My interview is around the corner.

The COA for NYU (excluding estimated living expenses) is approximately $76K/year

The COA for Buffalo (excluding estimated living expenses) is approximately $40K/year

Source: 2014 ADEA Guide

You are saying you would rather commute to NYU and live with your parents than have your own place and live close to Buffalo's campus. Not only that, but you're willing to spend $36K/year for that priviledge. I would estimate that a single college student could live pretty comfortably on $26K/year in Buffalo. As such, you're talking about dropping an extra $10K/year for what seems to me to be a less desirable living situation. And that's assuming you need $26K/year for living expenses, and that your parents would be paying for everything, from neccessities to discretionary funds, if you lived with them.

Anyhow, it's your life, and you can do with it what you will, but you should be doing these calculations before you make a major life decision like this.

The COA for NYU (excluding estimated living expenses) is approximately $76K/year

The COA for Buffalo (excluding estimated living expenses) is approximately $40K/year

Source: 2014 ADEA Guide

You are saying you would rather commute to NYU and live with your parents than have your own place and live close to Buffalo's campus. Not only that, but you're willing to spend $36K/year for that priviledge. I would estimate that a single college student could live pretty comfortably on $26K/year in Buffalo. As such, you're talking about dropping an extra $10K/year for what seems to me to be a less desirable living situation. And that's assuming you need $26K/year for living expenses, and that your parents would be paying for everything, from neccessities to discretionary funds, if you lived with them.

Anyhow, it's your life, and you can do with it what you will, but you should be doing these calculations before you make a major life decision like this.
Thanks I also applied to buffalo. If I get accepted to both schools I would take this into consideration. What schools hAve you applied to?