Nyu Interview 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dentaldorky

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am starting this thread for all of us who r waiting for NYU. Last year the first posting about the NYU interview was on dec 8. so I am sure folks will be getting interview offers next week, please post all the interview related stuff, including scores and other stuff here. That way there wont be too many threads regarding NYU for the next year. It will be less confusing and less stressful for all of us,
Thanks
:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

dentaldorky said:
Hi,

I am starting this thread for all of us who r waiting for NYU. Last year the first posting about the NYU interview was on dec 8. so I am sure folks will be getting interview offers next week, please post all the interview related stuff, including scores and other stuff here. That way there wont be too many threads regarding NYU for the next year. It will be less confusing and less stressful for all of us,
Thanks

hey dentaldorky,

Have you got ur intrvw call letter frm NY ?/ I had called tem up last wek , n tey said tat ter system was down, n also said, tat in any case, tey mite not be sending tem out any sooner tan Jan 2006. so i thot i shud wait till Jan but I also hav heard frm one of my friends in NYU tat , tey mite send te 1st set of applcn letters b4 X'mas . no idea .
nident.

the NYU application packet on their web site mentions that the first notification to the applicants will be on dec 1 so they will be for sure sending interview letters soon. i think some of us will receive interview letters this week, so if any one gets the interview letter be kind enough to post it here, so that all of us can know that the interview process has at last started,
thanks,

Members don't see this ad :)
could you guys kindly tell me tha to reapply to NYU do I need to send everything or just the improvements? I called them several times but no one received the call. Thanks a lot!!!!! :thumbup:

i just spoke to someone at NYU and they told me that they will not be sending out any letters in dec and that the letters will be sent out only in january 2006, so we have to wait another month!!!!

:eek:

dentaldorky said:
i just spoke to someone at NYU and they told me that they will not be sending out any letters in dec and that the letters will be sent out only in january 2006, so we have to wait another month!!!!

:eek:

Well,I was told that the letters will be sent next week.

when did u contact them? i called them this morning and they said that the letters will be sent only in jan, please double check ur contac, these people seem to be saying different things to different people, i wonder if they r doing it intentionally

I think you are right! :eek: :scared:
ta

dentaldorky said:
these people seem to be saying different things to different people, i wonder if they r doing it intentionally

dentaldorky said:
when did u contact them? i called them this morning and they said that the letters will be sent only in jan, please double check ur contac, these people seem to be saying different things to different people, i wonder if they r doing it intentionally

I called them up yesterday afternoon and a very polite girl answered the call.She said that they will be posting the letters for interviews in Jan. before the Christmas Vacation.She did mention that letters will be sent out next week.

dentaldorky said:

A friend of mine called up today and they told her that interview letters will be sent in the month of Jan.I am totally confused now.

I know all of you are very nervous. How ever the best thing to really is to wait till some one actually writes in saying"I got a letter".

Thats really the best. I hope this will help all of you calm down. I completely understand how all of you feel. I have gone through all that and was half way across the globe at that point.

BDS-DMD said:
I know all of you are very nervous. How ever the best thing to really is to wait till some one actually writes in saying"I got a letter".

Thats really the best. I hope this will help all of you calm down. I completely understand how all of you feel. I have gone through all that and was half way across the globe at that point.

It is not about being nervous....it is more like planning things.....anyway's thanks for the advice.

hi, did she say that the interviews are starting in jan and the letters will be sent next week? ur statement contradicts itself, so i wanted to be sure,
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
dentaldorky said:
hi, did she say that the interviews are starting in jan and the letters will be sent next week? ur statement contradicts itself, so i wanted to be sure,
thanks

Here....
Her statement had 2 parts.
1.Interviews will start in Jan.
2.Letters for interviews will be sent next week.

Hi everyone:
Just wondering if anyone had heard from NYU??
Thanks
dentistcs

meetlife said:
Here....
Her statement had 2 parts.
1.Interviews will start in Jan.
2.Letters for interviews will be sent next week.

i did not hear anything from NYU as yet, lets hope we hear something before christmas, any one who has any latest info please post here, :thumbup:

the last date for nyu says mar3rd, so does that mean they will wait untill then to decide on who to take? or will they finalise everything b4 that? anyone with any idea pls reply, thanks in advance

THEY ARE ONLY INTERVIEWING 100 PEOPLE THIS YEAR FOR ONLY 35 SPOTS!!!!! :( :scared:

lol, bet that gave you all a good scare huh?
hahah anyways here's the real truth about what's going on at NYU....

I've been working at the NYU research center since september so i'm in touch with them everyday...i've checked at the admissions office in person multiple times.

Amy Knowles that was the head of admissions and student affairs for the idp program last year has been moved to the nursing school.

As of yet they have not filled her position with anybody new. So this is the reason that the interviews are starting late (i.e. january).

Now, as to why they havent' been able to fill her spot yet is beyond my understanding, but for whatever reason, that's the situation...

So to lay it to rest once and for all..as of right now interviews will start in jan.
Good luck

Khurram

Khurram said:
THEY ARE ONLY INTERVIEWING 100 PEOPLE THIS YEAR FOR ONLY 35 SPOTS!!!!! :( :scared:

I've been working at the NYU research center since september so i'm in touch with them everyday...i've checked at the admissions office in person multiple times.

Amy Knowles that was the head of admissions and student affairs for the idp program last year has been moved to the nursing school.

As of yet they have not filled her position with anybody new. So this is the reason that the interviews are starting late (i.e. january).

Now, as to why they havent' been able to fill her spot yet is beyond my understanding, but for whatever reason, that's the situation...

So to lay it to rest once and for all..as of right now interviews will start in jan.
Good luck

Khurram

Now that totally scared me!! Thanks for the information though.

hi,

thanks for the info, but do u know if the letter for interviews will be sent this month?

Hey Khurram. good info.

so what is the interview ratio this year? and last year?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Khurram said:

Good luck

Khurram

That really scared me :cool: . But they still have more seats right. :confused:
Hey i didnt knew u had that high approach. :laugh:
:thumbup:

did anyone find out anything else about NYU? Please post ur info here ,

thanks

Khurram said:

Khurram

Good one!!! :laugh:

wao!
that was indeed a scary one,khurram!
i too spoke to someone at the NYU and she told me that they would be mailing the first list for interviews shortly before they leave for holidays and the interviews would begin in Jan and continue till april.

how many were interviewed last year and how many seats does NYU have?
any clue?

120-125 seats.
dont know how many interview

thanks khurram.

and what are the minimum stats that calls for an interview?

NYU has winter recess from 19th Dec to Jan 2, so we have to receive letters next week, i am not sure if the winter recess means that only students have break or if it means the faculty is also off for those days, any info there?

any update folks about NYU? Did any one call them recently, if so please post the info,

Khurram said:

Good luck

Khurram
can i know about the research u r doing thanks

Khurram said:

Good luck

Khurram
can i know about the research u r doing thanks

dentaldorky said:
any update folks about NYU? Did any one call them recently, if so please post the info,

hi dentaldorky,

I did call NYU ystrday n ta lady said , tat she is not sure wen tey r going to sendit out , but probly , nxt wk or 1st wk of Jan. so u nevr knw, probly nxt wk or in Jan.. hope fr te best.
nident.

any news yet about the interview letters? this wait is killing me, last year folks received their letters by now, when r they going to start actual letters? keep me informed,
thanks,

I Hope that all those applying to NYU will get interviews soon. It must be very difficult waiting whilst they restructure their admissions. Be patient however and try not to anoy the staff. NYU is a good school which considers students with low grades. 3 of my friends got into the DDS program last year. One had a 78 and the others an 80 and 82 on the NBDE Part 1. So good luck and try to be patient.

gsk said:
I Hope that all those applying to NYU will get interviews soon. It must be very difficult waiting whilst they restructure their admissions. Be patient however and try not to anoy the staff. NYU is a good school which considers students with low grades. 3 of my friends got into the DDS program last year. One had a 78 and the others an 80 and 82 on the NBDE Part 1. So good luck and try to be patient.

but what about their GPA and if they have any research experience or a lot of clinical experience? i dont have any clinical experience other than 1 yr of internship in college . and my score is 84. i am very tensed and worried

virus said:
but what about their GPA and if they have any research experience or a lot of clinical experience? i dont have any clinical experience other than 1 yr of internship in college . and my score is 84. i am very tensed and worried

Hi, I think the GPA is not so critical. They look for 3.0. Clinical experience or research does help a lot. 84 is a good score for them. They will not deny you on this basis. But what they want to see is something that makes your application stand out. Try to go to the NYU Dental School research website for the MS in Oral Biology and Dental Materials. If you can get into this program you can get a foot into the door. This is what my friend with a 78 did. I think the director is Dr Anand Dasanayake.....and he is very nice Contact him for information......... he is linked very closely with the Dental School.
In summary, try to get into this program ......I am certain it will help you a lot. This way you can start making your presence felt at the school and maybe things will work out for you.

i called NYU and they told me that the interview letters will be sent out in next 2 weeks and the interviews will start from jan 1st week, so folks we r almost there!!!!!

I know this has been mentioned before on the forum, but I wanted to post another reminder, especially since acceptances for all California schools are out. If you have been accepted at any school and you wish to join the program, please inform the other schools you have applied to withdraw you from their list.

NYU will be sending out their interview calls next week and if you have no intention of going there, it is better that you inform them now so that others, who actually need the interview, have the opportunity.

For those of us who have not made it yet, don't lose hope. There are still plenty of opportunities and we can still make it :thumbup:

gsk said:
Hi, I think the GPA is not so critical. They look for 3.0. Clinical experience or research does help a lot. 84 is a good score for them. They will not deny you on this basis. But what they want to see is something that makes your application stand out. Try to go to the NYU Dental School research website for the MS in Oral Biology and Dental Materials. If you can get into this program you can get a foot into the door. This is what my friend with a 78 did. I think the director is Dr Anand Dasanayake.....and he is very nice Contact him for information......... he is linked very closely with the Dental School.
In summary, try to get into this program ......I am certain it will help you a lot. This way you can start making your presence felt at the school and maybe things will work out for you.
hi, can you plz tell me after MS we can get licence topractice dentistry or not ,how long is it and much it costs.I'll appreciate your response.Thanks

hi,
how do u know that they will be sending letters next week? also do u know how many letters will be sent in dec? the lady told me that the interviews will start from jan 1st week, so i was wondering how may letters r they going to send before the winter break, will the letters be sent according to the scores or r they going to call the early applicants first? any idea any one,
thanks

Usually letters are sent out on a rolling basis...that is
.if ur application was sent in earlier and u have been selected to be interviwed..u will be called earlier..
Good Luck guys.. :thumbup:
gn :luck:

dentaldorky said:
hi,
how do u know that they will be sending letters next week? also do u know how many letters will be sent in dec? the lady told me that the interviews will start from jan 1st week, so i was wondering how may letters r they going to send before the winter break, will the letters be sent according to the scores or r they going to call the early applicants first? any idea any one,
thanks

Does anyone know if they are sent out as email or snail mail? I will be out of town for 2 weeks and no access to my mailbox :scared: !!

they r going to send regular postal mail, no e-mail :luck:

talked to them sometime back and was told that they are mailing the letters next week by regular postal mail.

Hi, how do you think of entering NYU, total $220,000 cost and 3-years long. can anybody discuss the pro and con? Is there anybody plan to try next year's 2-year programs instead of heading into NYU this year?

did anyone hear anything yet from nyu?

did anyone hear anything yet from nyu?

Hi everyone:
Just wanted to let you guys know that when I called NYU earlier this morning, I was told the same - that the interviews are conducted on a rolling basis i.e. based on when you sent your application and when it was reviewed by the committee, you will sent an interview invitation. That was all she told me - Hope that helps.
Good Luck.
Dentistcs

Status
Not open for further replies.