Nyu Interview 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did they tell u when r they going to start sending out interview letters, when did u apply?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

if anyone knows anything latest about nyu, please post the info, i heard they r sending out letters this week,
thanks
:thumbup: :thumbup:

did any one receive any letter from nyu today?
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
called nyu today and was told that they would be mailing the letters this week. some more wait guys!!

called nyu today and was told that they would be mailing the letters this week. some more wait guys!!

did any one call nyu today?i tried but no one is answering!!!

dentaldorky said:
did any one call nyu today?i tried but no one is answering!!!
Slow down.You will get a call.
All the Best.

i want to take it easy but this is my last #**&^% hope!!!
did u hear anything so far!

Wait until the mailman stops by in January. Some things you have no control over the situation. :laugh:

dentaldorky said:
i want to take it easy but this is my last #**&^% hope!!!
did u hear anything so far!
Nothing as yet.
Well,I understand you.But Hope for the best.

great!! i spoke to someone at nyu an hour ago and they told me that they will be sending out letters only after they return from holidays, jan 1st week!!! what a rotten piece of luck!!! now my holidays are also ruined!!!
:eek:

dentaldorky said:
great!! i spoke to someone at nyu an hour ago and they told me that they will be sending out letters only after they return from holidays, jan 1st week!!! what a rotten piece of luck!!! now my holidays are also ruined!!!
Your holidays are not ruined.no news is good news(optimistically speaking...)you'll get a call soon,don't you worry.keep the faith .
(its my last hope too.)
best wishes for the holidays!

dentaldorky said:

Yup, it's true i'm sitting typing this from NYU right now and i just asked them. You really need to calm down, they will send em when they send em. I understand your frustration but just because they start sending in jan doesn't mean you'll neccessarliy get one in jan. I got my letter and the end of april last year and was interviewed in may! So your gonna have to expand your patience a bit.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks khurram for the advice, i just want this whole interview process completed, i have 90 in part 1 and i applied in july ending, so i am hoping i will be called in jan, i guess i have to be more patient,
thanks,
:thumbup:

dentaldorky said:
thanks khurram for the advice, i just want this whole interview process completed, i have 90 in part 1 and i applied in july ending, so i am hoping i will be called in jan, i guess i have to be more patient,
thanks,
:thumbup:
If you have a 90, you'll get into nyu for sure. Just dont mess up the interview ;)

hi Khurram
as u are so close with nyu, do have any idea that what is decent score for nyu this year ,i think it should be less than last year as we have less high scorer this year. :idea:
thanks

Khurram said:
If you have a 90, you'll get into nyu for sure. Just dont mess up the interview ;)

Khurram said:
Yup, it's true i'm sitting typing this from NYU right now and i just asked them. You really need to calm down, they will send em when they send em. I understand your frustration but just because they start sending in jan doesn't mean you'll neccessarliy get one in jan. I got my letter and the end of april last year and was interviewed in may! So your gonna have to expand your patience a bit.

Hi Khurram,
Can you please give us some tips on doing well in the interview.and also what kind of questions does faculty in NYU ask.
Thanks.

can you please tell me how you know that people have less high score compared to last year. no offence just curious, bcoz even i am in same boat,
thanks.

fateh said:
hi Khurram
as u are so close with nyu, do have any idea that what is decent score for nyu this year ,i think it should be less than last year as we have less high scorer this year. :idea:
thanks

Dent tex said:
can you please tell me how you know that people have less high score compared to last year. no offence just curious, bcoz even i am in same boat,
thanks.

buddy
i heard from people on interviews. it is not day and night differance but there is some change.
hope its true.

Khurram said:
hi Khurrum,
Thanks for all your informations What do you say NYU will give some preferense to those who were in waiting list in 2005 or not.I was in waiting list though.
thanks

aisha ajmal said:
hi Khurrum,
Thanks for all your informations What do you say NYU will give some preferense to those who were in waiting list in 2005 or not.I was in waiting list though.
thanks

if i am not wrong u were with me on interview....on 23 march 2005.

fateh said:
if i am not wrong u were with me on interview....on 23 march 2005.[/QU
I think you are right my interview was on 23 march 05.I was in your group.

aisha ajmal said:
fateh said:
if i am not wrong u were with me on interview....on 23 march 2005.[/QU
I think you are right my interview was on 23 march 05.I was in your group.

Hi aisha. I am new to this thread. I want to know that up to which loest score any one can get admission at NYU? do u have any idea? what was your score?

drpatell said:
aisha ajmal said:
Hi aisha. I am new to this thread. I want to know that up to which loest score any one can get admission at NYU? do u have any idea? what was your score?
Hi ,welcome to this forum my score was 88 .I don't have any idea about lowest score for nyuI think it should be above 85.
Thanks.

hi every one please update the sdn if any of u receive an interview call soon ..... thanks ..... :)

Hi there,
HAve'nt heard anything from NYU yet. Is it true that last year someone got in with a score less than 80.Someone told me this but it was hard to believe. :scared:
Well, Wish you all a very Happy New Year

Happy new year and may it bring prosperity to one and all. Waiting to hear any thing from NYU. Has any one got any mail from NYU?
Good luck every one.

hi everyone,
i have also been waiting for their call, tried to call them y'day but no reply, seems like they haven't come back still from holidays ;)
anyway just hope to be called soon & wish u very happy & prosperous new year for everyone :) hope this year brings luck & success to everyone.
bye, drdent.

did any one hear from nyu? please try calling them to find out if they started mailing interview letters!! i called like 1000 times and i am sure they will be mad if i call again,
thanks

I think they got vexed of our phone calls. :laugh: . I tried calling and now i have given up and decided to just cross my fingers and wait. :thumbup:

dentaldorky said:
did any one hear from nyu? please try calling them to find out if they started mailing interview letters!! i called like 1000 times and i am sure they will be mad if i call again,
thanks

NYU admission officers frequent these forums and have noted down names of people who are constantly inquiring about interviews in threads like these. It will unfortunately harm your chances of getting an interview if you are one of those whos name has been written down..

on a side note..
prady, if we applied last year with WES we dont have to send an ECE this year right? it's only for new applicants correct? Cuz i sent WES last year as im' sure u did as well...what do you think? I do remember getting an email thougha couple months ago that said my application was complete, so i'm assuming WES is acceptable for reapplicants like us.

Khurram said:
NYU admission officers frequent these forums and have noted down names of people who are constantly inquiring about interviews in threads like these. It will unfortunately harm your chances of getting an interview if you are one of those whos name has been written down..

Thats a good one khurram , But some one wont use dental dorky or virus name in their applications. Nyu people dont know their real name.. :laugh: :laugh:

Docnids said:
Khurram said:

Thats a good one khurram , But some one wont use dental dorky or virus name in their applications. Nyu people dont know their real name.. :laugh: :laugh:

All they have to do is look at your profile, with an email address they can grab any info they want...the internet is not as annonoymous as you may think. Watch out

hey khurram
yes, u r right!as we r re-applicants,wes is accepted.even, i called the admissions office to check it out!my application is complete!we r good!
Khurram said:

on a side note..
prady, if we applied last year with WES we dont have to send an ECE this year right? it's only for new applicants correct? Cuz i sent WES last year as im' sure u did as well...what do you think? I do remember getting an email thougha couple months ago that said my application was complete, so i'm assuming WES is acceptable for reapplicants like us.

hey khurram
yes, u r right!as we r re-applicants,wes is accepted.even, i called the admissions office to check it out!my application is complete!we r good!
Khurram said:

on a side note..

I am sorry my friend...I called the admissions office and was given the reply that they no longer validate wes even for reapplicants from this year..infact i called them today....

prady said:
hey khurram

Khurram said:
Docnids said:
All they have to do is look at your profile, with an email address they can grab any info they want...the internet is not as annonoymous as you may think. Watch out
hey khurram did anyone do to you and stopped your admission.I think you need to grow up and don't try to scare people because what goes around comes around to you only.

Hi Aerobic,
Were you on waitlist last year?

Thanks!!

hey guys, i applied last year but i sent my ECE report which is just 2.6 :scared: do u think they will accept my WES score for this year as i had applied last year? i am scared to call them now because of my gpa. sometimes i think i cant make it :( with such a gpa and an 84 :( . lets see whats there in my fate :confused:

aerobic said:
I am sorry my friend...I called the admissions office and was given the reply that they no longer validate wes even for reapplicants from this year..infact i called them today....

I am also a reapplicant with a previously submitted WES. Like some others on this forum, my application is complete.

aerobic said:

I am also a reapplicant with a previously submitted WES. Like some others on this forum, my application is complete with that previously submitted WES score.

meverick said:
Khurram said:
hey khurram did anyone do to you and stopped your admission.I think you need to grow up and don't try to scare people because what goes around comes around to you only.

Hey, get your panties out of a bundle, i was just trying to lighten the mood around here, everyone is so worried about getting the interview letters, i just wanted to add some humor to the mix.

FollowingADream said:
I am also a reapplicant with a previously submitted WES. Like some others on this forum, my application is complete with that previously submitted WES score.

Same here.

Hey ,

:laugh: this thread is becoming more interesting. there much more then just nyu interview calls. :laugh:

fateh said:
Hey ,

:laugh: this thread is becoming more interesting. there much more then just nyu interview calls. :laugh:

That was my intention, some people are so anal.

meverick said:
Khurram said:

meverick said:
Khurram said:

no anyone do to me nothing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
what was your toefl score

Ok relax guys.

Its that time of the admission season where the doors are closing on a lot of people for this accademic year and they start facing the propspect of waiting for another year.

Wish all of you the best, though.

BDS-DMD said:
Ok relax guys.

Its that time of the admission season where the doors are closing on a lot of people for this accademic year and they start facing the propspect of waiting for another year.

Wish all of you the best, though.

I know, I have just waited another year...and now I feel like it's time to relax and blow of some steam, just trying to make things a little interesting in here, it can get so dull.

Status
Not open for further replies.