NYU Interview call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some says nyu is burried under snow:D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I havnt yet received application completion mail... :mad:

I got an acknowledgment of application items mail , stating my notorized copy of degree is required to complete my application. I have already mailed it to them and it has reached them, seems they haven't opened my mail yet. God knows what to do now.. any idea's ??

same thing happened to me. so dont worry. keep calling them and ask them. i did the same and after that i got the completion email. i hope this helps.

thanks dentistica and morphology Think will have to call them up.

has nyu really not invited anyone in jan or those people are not in sdn....guys if any of ur friends got interview calls this month pls let us knw

It's really strange that nobody is getting call or not posting....What's going on? it's really confusing...

I also saw some posting on different thread that somebody got interviewed on Jan 18.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed on jan 6th 2011

When did you get interview call? Are you fresh applicant/reapplicant? Anyways thanks for posting here. Good luck for acceptance.

hi ,actuall i have applied to nyu tooo.but havent heard from them since long.my stats are
part 1 84
tofel 100
gpa 3.4

1 year observership.do you think do i stand a chance to be called for interview.?

Today,when i decided to call NYU and ask my status,right at the moment when I took phone, I decided to check my email one more time (these days I do it almost every 15 min:laugh: ))))) - i got application complete email.
Well,better than nothing)))

Finally got Application completion mail 10 mins back...

Did anyone hear from NYU this week.It looks like NYU has not called many candidates

One more week have gone. No call.+pity+

it seems it will be very hard for candidates like us who have scored 84 or less in part 1... the buzz word is you MUST score 85 and above to get interview call from ANYWHERE !!!! correct me if I am wrong. Is there n e one who knows somebody with a score of 84 or less and has got admission in NYU or anywhere in the recent past??? any info would be helpful !!!

Just checked my e-mail and what a surprise!I got an invitation from NY.I am not sure if I will go,so somebody will probably be lucky to take my place if I don't go.God luck to all!

it seems it will be very hard for candidates like us who have scored 84 or less in part 1... the buzz word is you MUST score 85 and above to get interview call from ANYWHERE !!!! correct me if I am wrong. Is there n e one who knows somebody with a score of 84 or less and has got admission in NYU or anywhere in the recent past??? any info would be helpful !!!
I do know someone who scored 83 in part1 got accepted by UMN. But she also has strong background, she earned PHD degree from UMN before. So dental schools always look into the whole package not just scores. Don't lose hope :luck:

Got interview invitation just now!!!
EEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Just checked my e-mail and what a surprise!I got an invitation from NY.I am not sure if I will go,so somebody will probably be lucky to take my place if I don't go.God luck to all!
Hi... Can you please tell us what is your status are???
thank you..

Finally got Application completion mail 10 mins back...

My friend got selected with 84 last year , so def there is hope. they look at whole package

87.81.101.3.33 9 years of experience
is it what you meant?
congrats wtp...good credentials ..do u apply to other schools also..u sholu have got in others also by this time with these credentials ..

My friend got selected with 84 last year , so def there is hope. they look at whole package
hi... what were the other credentials of ur friend with 84..

u r right ....it seems it is the score which matters the most...the other credentials plays little role ..may be when pass/fail criterion come then credentials will play THE role ..

Congratulations to all who got NYU interview. I will be really grateful if you all please share your stats and preferably your profile, so that others can go through assessment of their chances?

hi i got interview nyu my stats are 86,102, 3.05, MPH-3.6,7 months experience in home country,80 hours voluntary work in community dental car..

Got an interview call from NYU. I will keep you posted on interview experience.

hi i got interview nyu my stats are 86,102, 3.05, MPH-3.6,7 months experience in home country,80 hours voluntary work in community dental car..
congrats bds boy ..when did u apply to nyu..are u a first time applicant or a reapplicant ...whn is the iv...

I do know someone who scored 83 in part1 got accepted by UMN. But she also has strong background, she earned PHD degree from UMN before. So dental schools always look into the whole package not just scores. Don't lose hope :luck:

Hello missyofgzc

How are you?? I read that you had an interview on Dec 14th at NYU. Have you received any letter after the interview? Till when did they say would they tell you about the results? And do you know of anybody who got their results yet?
Thanks

i got interview invitation today ........have yet to schedule a date . Interviews are conducted on tuesdays and thursdays only !
good luck everyone ..........NYU keep it coming........... WE WILL NOT DISAPPOINT YOU:thumbup:
Thank you Lord!

Congratulations georgia doc, Endodont, WTP, Svetlana, bds boy .. all the patience n hard work is finally paying off...

i got interview invitation today ........have yet to schedule a date . Interviews are conducted on tuesdays and thursdays only !
good luck everyone ..........NYU keep it coming........... WE WILL NOT DISAPPOINT YOU:thumbup:
Thank you Lord!
congrats georgia doc.are a fresh candidate or reapplicant..when did u apply..all d best..

Congratulations georgia doc, Endodont, WTP, Svetlana, bds boy .. all the patience n hard work is finally paying off...

CONGRATS everyone.......we all pray for your success `:):thumbup:

i am a fresh applicant ,applied in oct! keep praying everyone:thumbup: i know we can do it:)

Hello missyofgzc

How are you?? I read that you had an interview on Dec 14th at NYU. Have you received any letter after the interview? Till when did they say would they tell you about the results? And do you know of anybody who got their results yet?
Thanks
Hi anky, I kept silent all this time because everything is uncertain. But I received a phone call two weeks ago from Mara telling me the director of AP allowed me to get in, and the official may come out before the end of this month. I wrote to NYUCD a few days after the phone call trying to confirm the exact date of sending out the official acceptance, but never got replies since then. That is all I know, hope that helps.

Last edited:
hi ash78 i am re-applicant....i wrote my part2 but got 74 ...need to schedule interview..hope i get admission ...nyu is only my chance

Hi anky, I kept silent all this time because everything is uncertain. But I received a phone call two weeks ago from Mara telling me the director of AP allowed me to get in, and the official may come out before the end of this month. I wrote to NYUCD a few days after the phone call trying to confirm the exact date of sending out the official acceptance, but never got replies since then. That is all I know, hope that helps.

Thanks missyofgzc for the information!!

Do you know if anyone else from that batch or any other batch got accepted? Thanks again!

Thanks missyofgzc for the information!!

Do you know if anyone else from that batch or any other batch got accepted? Thanks again!
Hi muzika, As far as I know no other AP applicants received official acceptances yet. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hi muzika, As far as I know no other AP applicants received official acceptances yet. Correct me if I am wrong.

Unfortunately I can't correct you))) As far as I know you're the first one to recieve an invitation!! Congrats!!!!

hi is there anybody got interview call for the month of march or later on? I got interview call today but they offered me dates from 11 jan to 24 feb. I am wondering if I can reschedule my interview in march. plz reply

hi is there anybody got interview call for the month of march or later on? I got interview call today but they offered me dates from 11 jan to 24 feb. I am wondering if I can reschedule my interview in march. plz reply
Hi.. Can you please tell us about your status????
Thank you