NYU interview on Feb 19th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anvi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am having interview at NYU on Feb 19th. Is anyone from CA going on the same day?

anvi.

Members don't see this ad.

hi anvi i hav my interview in nyu on feb19th,but no i am not frm ca....:)

Hi

I have interview on 19th feb too. I am flying form seattle and will stay in New Jersy.

I will appriciate any help regarding what to wear? Skirt suit or pant suit.

mepa

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, mepa.. I was at NYU last month, I had worn pants, a lot of the girls wore skirts.. I personally felt the skirts looked nicer but ALL the skirt wearers felt colder than the pant wearers.. so u pick, esthetics or comfort!! I was snug as a bug in my pants! :D

Regarding which is more appropriate, i got accepted and so did my friend in a skirt, so no worries there! There WAS a girl in a bright sweater, leather skirt and knee high boots.. don't know happened to her, tho..

all the best for the 19th!

Tasha

had an interveiw on 12th wanted to tell you how it was

I had interveiw yesterday (12th Feb) , it was great.
I arrived there at 8:00 , as I reached to 19th floor I saw everyone sitting in the chairs very neat and dressed well. And I was travelling from connecticut by train so till the tim eI reach there had become a bit shabby. Then I headed to restroom and came back with a glamor on my face. The people out there are very nice.
The interveiw were going on, each person coming out was like okay, one or two of them were asked about the dental related questions and so they were a bit upset.
Then came my interveiw turn, the old professor came looking for me since he could not pronounce my name. I went with him and started the interveiw.
First question he asked was when did you graduate?
Are you married ? do you have KIds?
then he satrted speaking about his grand daughter who has just joined as a sophomore.
then he asked about my strenght and weakness?
how many schools did you apply? and which one do you prefer?

thats it those were the questions .....I answered all the questions nicely. He was continueously prassing me that you are good and going very well.....overall it was very nice and remember one thing when you go there be relaxed and have a smile on your face....
since this was first interveiw I didnt know how it would be , but it turned out to be very good ...........

the person who interveiwed me was very nice and jovial so I enjoyed it.

then was the tour of college, the equipments they have are really great......and ofcourse the research center and rosenthal aesthetic department is gorgues...
the finance session and then we had lunch with the students.....

thank you Smitha30 and tasha. how many weeks later did you got acceptance letter ? If you do not mind what r both of your ndbe and toefle scores and gpa.

thank you
mepa

hey guys,
sorry for getting back so late.i am still in the east coast ,have limited access to the net as i am travelling.
i had my interview on feb 19th. reached thr b4 8am.interviews had almost started, thr were i think 16 people called for the interview..not all indians and not all girls:D nyu interview had better diversity than any other interview i have attended till now.
in nyu they started the interviews first .my interviewer was Dr .weiselberg..he was really sweet.my interview went exactly likeketu2 . he was asking me abt my marraige.whether it was arranged or love marraige. i thought he was a bit disappointted to hear tht mine was love marraige:D well thn i had to explain to him tht it was approved by my parents he was happy. thn he gave a talk abt family life etc.
yes he talked abt his granddaugter.
my likes dislikes. my strenghts and weakness.
it was good overall.
nyu has a good patient pool.
i didnt like thr cafetria:rolleyes:
we eft at abt 1pm.

Originally posted by Ann 03
. he was asking me abt my marraige.whether it was arranged or love marraige. i thought he he was a bit disappointted to hear tht mine was love marraige:D well thn i had to explain to him tht it was approved by my parents he was happy.

:wow: :wow: What's this about???

well meggs, the interviewer knew about the indian system of marraiges. most of themarraiges are ARRANGED by parents,though its all changing nowdays.i bet the indians here on this forum know wht i am talking about.

Ok, I gotta' admit I'm as culturally challanged as there can be.

I guess during my time on SDN I've been living under a rock. I guess this is the price one pays for being a "rare species". :cool:

why should he be disappointed when its a love story..this sounds funny to me because its none of his buiseness:D

does anyone know if newyork still have places

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by gsmm
why should he be disappointed when its a love story..this sounds funny to me because its none of his buiseness:D
i thought so too, but i think wht he meant was poeple dont give importance to parents and family anymore. he must have assumed tht since ours was a luv m. i didnt have my parents approval:mad: well i told him tht i had my parents approval,in fact they were quite happy to get rid of me:D :D kidding

Originally posted by gsmm
does anyone know if newyork still have places
whn i was interviewed thr were 16 poeple including me. i think they must be having a few seats atleast left.
but they didnt give any indication as to how many were left.

Hi mepa.. saw your post late.. sorry :)

I heard from NYU in a week.. my scores are 92, 3.75, 300

Congrats to every1 who got into NYU.I applied there in Nov..was told to send in my dergee certificate.Since i got it only last week..i sent it to them..only to be told that they don't accept provisional certificates.I'll get mt 'final' degree only in april..will it be too late to send it in then?Also..i was planning to re-take my NDB 1(got only 85 the first time)..Will the best score be taken into consideration or only the latest?Anyone applied to USC?Heard they have a high intake there.

Originally posted by pinkpeanuts
I'll get mt 'final' degree only in april..will it be too late to send it in then?

You should ask them that. Only they can give you the right answer.

Also..i was planning to re-take my NDB 1(got only 85 the first time)..Will the best score be taken into consideration or only the latest?Anyone applied to USC?Heard they have a high intake there.

The latest.

There has been plenty of talk about USC around here, you might want to perform a search.

Hello All,

Has any one (interviewed on 19th Feb) received the acceptance/waitlist/rejection letters from NYU?

Thanks,
Mepa

hi everyone:

i went to interview on jan15 i got last week a waiting list letter
:( my nbd score is 88 nyu i dont have to much hope now just apply for the next year i guess:mad:

Originally posted by RUDY A.
hi everyone:

i went to interview on jan15 i got last week a waiting list letter
:( my nbd score is 88 nyu i dont have to much hope now just apply for the next year i guess:mad:

What are your other scores Rudy? gpa, toefl, part2?

after i read what rudy wrote her waiting list letter i think i made the right decision not sending my application at the last month of admisssion simply because the chances are zero.
i think the early people send in applications the fastest and the easier they get accepted.
however there is still a chance for rudy if many people are planning to withdraw their applications from nyu

I just got my interview invitation letter from NYU today . I applied on 10/14/2003 and got the invitation today 03/03/2004.............WAO it cam 4 monthes & 19 days after I applied .

The letter mentions 3 dates for me to choose from : March 25th,April 15th & April 25th .when I called them, they told me there is only a place on April 25th .

Hi sam,
Are you planning to attend the interview??
ie after your summer program starts at UPenn:p

Originally posted by pinktooth
Hi sam,
Are you planning to attend the interview??
ie after your summer program starts at UPenn:p

:( I really do not know if am gonna start this PASS or not till this moment .

Hi Sam,
Just keep the faith Sam,God is there.
Trust and keep going.Think, there might be someone who can help you get the remaining money:thumbup:

Sam, please try to go to the NYU interview, just to keep your doors open.

if I could not make it to UPENN ,Sure I will do