-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NYU Interview
Started by nimsandy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
do we need to take all original transcripts and certificates when attending NYUCD interview?
any input is a big help...
thanks in advance
akg
Hi akg,
Good luck!
No need of taking any documents with you to attend NYUCD's interview.
However, if you think that some of the documents (like transcripts) you haven't send it to them earlier and if those documents could be an additional asset for your application package then please take them. You may hand over it to the admissions on the interview day.
Hope it helps
Cheers!
Adiwana
Its better to take your orignal documents with u however they wont ask any of these but y to take risk ,take them and then u can keep them in a closet will provide by them! All the bestdo we need to take all original transcripts and certificates when attending NYUCD interview?
any input is a big help...
thanks in advance
akg
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All..I am still waiting for an interview call 🙁..My application was complete 1st week of November. My stats are
NBDE (old) 84
GPA ECE 3.82
Toefl 103
Position holder in my dental school all through out and 2 distinctions.
One year clinical residency in home country mentioned in my CV.
when I called them they said my application is still under review 🙁..sniff...I am really anxious!!..Does any one know for sure as to when will their last batch of interviews be held???!
I havent applied anywhere else b/c my family only allowed NY at the time 🙁
depressed Fefzie
NBDE (old) 84
GPA ECE 3.82
Toefl 103
Position holder in my dental school all through out and 2 distinctions.
One year clinical residency in home country mentioned in my CV.
when I called them they said my application is still under review 🙁..sniff...I am really anxious!!..Does any one know for sure as to when will their last batch of interviews be held???!
I havent applied anywhere else b/c my family only allowed NY at the time 🙁
depressed Fefzie
all the best for the interview can u post ur stats.
Hi there ,
adiwana & arpamit thanks for you input
akg
Hello All..I am still waiting for an interview call 🙁..My application was complete 1st week of November. My stats are
NBDE (old) 84
GPA ECE 3.82
Toefl 103
Position holder in my dental school all through out and 2 distinctions.
One year clinical residency in home country mentioned in my CV.
when I called them they said my application is still under review 🙁..sniff...I am really anxious!!..Does any one know for sure as to when will their last batch of interviews be held???!
I havent applied anywhere else b/c my family only allowed NY at the time 🙁
depressed Fefzie
hi count me in the "application under review status" hmmm.... and dun be depressed ! but would sure help to know when the last invitees are going out 🙂
Hi Docpheonix,
Hope you are coping up better then me! what are your stats?? and what month did u apply in?? what country did u graduate from? 🙂
I just spoke to them today and they again said the same thing 🙁...No news yet!!
Have my fingers crosses...
Also , the people who have been accepted elsewhere have they told the NYU people if they choose not to attend NYU anymore??
Hope you are coping up better then me! what are your stats?? and what month did u apply in?? what country did u graduate from? 🙂
I just spoke to them today and they again said the same thing 🙁...No news yet!!
Have my fingers crosses...
Also , the people who have been accepted elsewhere have they told the NYU people if they choose not to attend NYU anymore??
hi count me in the "application under review status" hmmm.... and dun be depressed ! but would sure help to know when the last invitees are going out 🙂
Crossed I meant! 😛
Have faith in God and yourself ..will get soon! my situation was also like this but one i got interview call now tension of acceptance i think we all have long term struggle tension after tension so like it never ends i think so always be positive👍
ONE PARAGRAPH THAT EXPLAINS LIFE!
Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS which he got due to infected blood he received during a heart surgery in 1983.
From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?
To this Arthur Ashe replied:
"The world over -- 50 million children start playing tennis, 5 million learn to play tennis, 500,000 learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, when I was holding a cup I never asked GOD 'Why me?'.
And today in pain I should not be asking GOD 'Why me?' "
"Happiness keeps you Sweet,
Trials keep you Strong,
Sorrow keeps you Human,
Failure keeps you humble
and
Success keeps you glowing,
but
Only Faith & Attitude Keep you going...
Have faith in God and yourself ..will get soon! my situation was also like this but one i got interview call now tension of acceptance i think we all have long term struggle tension after tension so like it never ends i think so always be positive👍
ONE PARAGRAPH THAT EXPLAINS LIFE!
Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS which he got due to infected blood he received during a heart surgery in 1983.
From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?
To this Arthur Ashe replied:
"The world over -- 50 million children start playing tennis, 5 million learn to play tennis, 500,000 learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, when I was holding a cup I never asked GOD 'Why me?'.
And today in pain I should not be asking GOD 'Why me?' "
"Happiness keeps you Sweet,
Trials keep you Strong,
Sorrow keeps you Human,
Failure keeps you humble
and
Success keeps you glowing,
but
Only Faith & Attitude Keep you going...
Very true. Thanks for the uplifting post ! We all can use this every once in a while ...
excellent and very true post - about life and decisions that have been made for us. I would like to add for those that are waiting. God has a plan, we just dont know what it is, it would mess up the fun if we found out what that plan was.
I read the below somewhere - writing what i can remember.
Footprints: Once a man died and was in heaven talking to god and looking at his life as footprints in sand. So, during the good/easy times there two sets of footprints, but during sad/tough times only one set of footprint. So, humans as we are, the man asks god, during good times you are with me but during tough times I am alone. God replies: During sad/tough times I am carrying you in my arms, those are my footprints.
I hope this helps, dont lose faith, I waited and good things came about.
Good luck
dentalbug
I read the below somewhere - writing what i can remember.
Footprints: Once a man died and was in heaven talking to god and looking at his life as footprints in sand. So, during the good/easy times there two sets of footprints, but during sad/tough times only one set of footprint. So, humans as we are, the man asks god, during good times you are with me but during tough times I am alone. God replies: During sad/tough times I am carrying you in my arms, those are my footprints.
I hope this helps, dont lose faith, I waited and good things came about.
Good luck
dentalbug
Awww you all are so sweet! 🙂 Thank you so much for your support and encouraging words!..really..they mean alot to me 🙂.
Yeah it does get one very anxious when your whole future seems to depend on your interview call/acceptance!!..But you all are right..Good things come to those who are patient!...so Ill just try to calm myself thinking just that!
I am thinking of starting to study for my part 2 in case I have to apply next year again somewhere...I graduated in 2006 summer and finished my residency in November 2007. so feel like im wasting my time now!! 🙁.
All of those who gave a practical exam...how did u practice while in the US? at home or joined some clinic??
Yeah it does get one very anxious when your whole future seems to depend on your interview call/acceptance!!..But you all are right..Good things come to those who are patient!...so Ill just try to calm myself thinking just that!
I am thinking of starting to study for my part 2 in case I have to apply next year again somewhere...I graduated in 2006 summer and finished my residency in November 2007. so feel like im wasting my time now!! 🙁.
All of those who gave a practical exam...how did u practice while in the US? at home or joined some clinic??
hi everyone.......I am also among those people who r waiting 4 an interview call 4rm nyu......just wanted a help from fellow sdns to make things clear.
Is there anyone in this forum who has part1 scores 85 or below & got an interview call?
Is there anyone with part 1 score 87 and above but haven't heard anything 4rm nyu?
Any response would be highly appreciated.
thanks
good luck 🙂
Is there anyone in this forum who has part1 scores 85 or below & got an interview call?
Is there anyone with part 1 score 87 and above but haven't heard anything 4rm nyu?
Any response would be highly appreciated.
thanks
good luck 🙂
i m in the same boat as u r . still waiting for their call. my stats r
nbde 1 84 new
tofel 250
gpa 3.4
1 yer exp in home country
none here
applied in late nov, but application completed in feb.
lets keep r fingers crossed
i called tem up and they told its under review, and interviews will go till end of march.
so r u prep for part 2? when r u planning to take?
even i m prep for part 2
good luck
nbde 1 84 new
tofel 250
gpa 3.4
1 yer exp in home country
none here
applied in late nov, but application completed in feb.
lets keep r fingers crossed
i called tem up and they told its under review, and interviews will go till end of march.
so r u prep for part 2? when r u planning to take?
even i m prep for part 2
good luck
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey rink77 🙂
When did u graduate from?..we do have similar stats..my IBtoefl was 103 so I donow how 250 is scored on CBToefl.
Yes I am thinking I should start studying for part 2 since no news of NYU interview from anywhere yet...and then also no Guarantee...
Did you apply anywhere else? where are u from?
what subject are u doing for part 2 first?
When did u graduate from?..we do have similar stats..my IBtoefl was 103 so I donow how 250 is scored on CBToefl.
Yes I am thinking I should start studying for part 2 since no news of NYU interview from anywhere yet...and then also no Guarantee...
Did you apply anywhere else? where are u from?
what subject are u doing for part 2 first?
i m in the same boat as u r . still waiting for their call. my stats r
nbde 1 84 new
tofel 250
gpa 3.4
1 yer exp in home country
none here
applied in late nov, but application completed in feb.
lets keep r fingers crossed
i called tem up and they told its under review, and interviews will go till end of march.
so r u prep for part 2? when r u planning to take?
even i m prep for part 2
good luck
i did my graduation from 2003. .now a days in boston. did not apply anywhere else. well i just started part 2, doing oral path. just studying dntal deck. what r u stdying? when did u start? so what r ur next plans, will u be applying for any other school? what do u think with 84 this yr in nyu.i know its really hard to tell, as its mere borderline. lets see
Hey arpamit,
That was so wunnerful! Only people who have undergone the pains could understand how painful and traumatic others is! By God's grace people like you should reach heights! Good luck!
quote=arpamit;6287593]Have faith in God and yourself ..will get soon! my situation was also like this but one i got interview call now tension of acceptance i think we all have long term struggle tension after tension so like it never ends i think so always be positive👍
ONE PARAGRAPH THAT EXPLAINS LIFE!
Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS which he got due to infected blood he received during a heart surgery in 1983.
From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?
To this Arthur Ashe replied:
"The world over -- 50 million children start playing tennis, 5 million learn to play tennis, 500,000 learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, when I was holding a cup I never asked GOD 'Why me?'.
And today in pain I should not be asking GOD 'Why me?' "
"Happiness keeps you Sweet,
Trials keep you Strong,
Sorrow keeps you Human,
Failure keeps you humble
and
Success keeps you glowing,
but
Only Faith & Attitude Keep you going...[/quote]
That was so wunnerful! Only people who have undergone the pains could understand how painful and traumatic others is! By God's grace people like you should reach heights! Good luck!
quote=arpamit;6287593]Have faith in God and yourself ..will get soon! my situation was also like this but one i got interview call now tension of acceptance i think we all have long term struggle tension after tension so like it never ends i think so always be positive👍
ONE PARAGRAPH THAT EXPLAINS LIFE!
Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS which he got due to infected blood he received during a heart surgery in 1983.
From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?
To this Arthur Ashe replied:
"The world over -- 50 million children start playing tennis, 5 million learn to play tennis, 500,000 learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, when I was holding a cup I never asked GOD 'Why me?'.
And today in pain I should not be asking GOD 'Why me?' "
"Happiness keeps you Sweet,
Trials keep you Strong,
Sorrow keeps you Human,
Failure keeps you humble
and
Success keeps you glowing,
but
Only Faith & Attitude Keep you going...[/quote]
Hey arpamit,
That was so wunnerful! Only people who have undergone the pains could understand how painful and traumatic others is! By God's grace people like you should reach heights! Good luck!
Thanku to all who appriciated! and for such a nice wishes
👍
82 nbde part 1 ,interviewed jan 15th first batch ,still waiting for a response from them
hi everyone.......I am also among those people who r waiting 4 an interview call 4rm nyu......just wanted a help from fellow sdns to make things clear.
Is there anyone in this forum who has part1 scores 85 or below & got an interview call?
Is there anyone with part 1 score 87 and above but haven't heard anything 4rm nyu?
Any response would be highly appreciated.
thanks
good luck 🙂
congrat's for your interview malboro.......& good wishes 4 ur acceptance......82 nbde part 1 ,interviewed jan 15th first batch ,still waiting for a response from them
I must say that u were very lucky to have an interview in first batch......
were u a reapplicant or fresh applicant?
I guess, nyu people are still interviewing people with 87 right now.........but m not sure.....
.thanks for ur wishes I do appreciate that.
no, I am a fresh applicant, but I dont think they are going by nbde part 1 score only ,is not that admcom re going to interview from 90 to 87 for example ,they dont work that way ,actually at my interview they didnt ask me about my nbde scores at all,however my interviewer reviewed carefully grade by grade to see how I did during dental school.he also reviewed my recom letters and my work experience ,am not saying that ndbe is not important but definetly it is not the most important factor ,I think is the whole package.
hope u got the interview call soon good luck
no, I am a fresh applicant, but I dont think they are going by nbde part 1 score only ,is not that admcom re going to interview from 90 to 87 for example ,they dont work that way ,actually at my interview they didnt ask me about my nbde scores at all,however my interviewer reviewed carefully grade by grade to see how I did during dental school.he also reviewed my recom letters and my work experience ,am not saying that ndbe is not important but definetly it is not the most important factor ,I think is the whole package.
hope u got the interview call soon good luck
congrat's for your interview malboro.......& good wishes 4 ur acceptance......
I must say that u were very lucky to have an interview in first batch......
were u a reapplicant or fresh applicant?
I guess, nyu people are still interviewing people with 87 right now.........but m not sure.....
yeah......that's true......I just hope that they look at the whole package and not just one thing, coz my case is different one........My weakness is my gpa which is below 3 ( 2.81), nbde part 1 - 85.(new pattern)......Toefl 96.thanks for ur wishes I do appreciate that.
no, I am a fresh applicant, but I dont think they are going by nbde part 1 score only ,is not that admcom re going to interview from 90 to 87 for example ,they dont work that way ,actually at my interview they didnt ask me about my nbde scores at all,however my interviewer reviewed carefully grade by grade to see how I did during dental school.he also reviewed my recom letters and my work experience ,am not saying that ndbe is not important but definetly it is not the most important factor ,I think is the whole package.
hope u got the interview call soon good luck
I did try to give good recommendation letters, even have work experiance in U.S as a volunteer.
But, inspite of my very early application which was completed in sep, unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet......
anywayz thanx 4 ur wishes
hi everyone.......I am also among those people who r waiting 4 an interview call 4rm nyu......just wanted a help from fellow sdns to make things clear.
Is there anyone in this forum who has part1 scores 85 or below & got an interview call?
Is there anyone with part 1 score 87 and above but haven't heard anything 4rm nyu?
Any response would be highly appreciated.
thanks
good luck 🙂
I have 87 part I and ECE GPA 2.83 and have not heard anything from NY, but if I hear something i will let you guys know, also if they call me I will tell them to call the next person on the list - thanks to god I am bound for UIC 🙂 🙂
dentalbug
Arapamit .. thank god you reminded us of hope and hapiness!
i think thats the only thing that is keeping all of us going on in here !
thanks ! 👍
i think thats the only thing that is keeping all of us going on in here !
thanks ! 👍
@ dentalbug : ur posts are always encouraging ... ( on a lighter note) unfortunately sometimes it gets into a whole lot of controversy here ! 😛
How are ur UIC entry preps going?
heloo docnew york 08, fefzie and rink we all have almost similar status with a lil bit here and there and i cannot express how relieved i am to know u guys with similar status! Was actually get lost abt the application process here!
How are ur UIC entry preps going?
heloo docnew york 08, fefzie and rink we all have almost similar status with a lil bit here and there and i cannot express how relieved i am to know u guys with similar status! Was actually get lost abt the application process here!
Hi Rink77
I have just started part 2 today. I am thinking of starting with prosthodontics as oral path/surgery ill do together somewhere towards the end as thats more memorization then practical. I am thinking of first doing practical subjects as one tends to retain those longer then memorization stuff! 🙁. God part 2 has alot of subjects!.
I have dental decks 2004, past papers, and kaplan 2001. is that enough?..I will also start with dental decks first and then look at past papers. i am not sure how useful 2001 Kapln book will be.
This year is gone so cant apply anywhere else 🙁. but will surely apply for the 2009 session to places...want to give my part 2 by the summer Hopefully!..Lets see 🙁.yeah 84 is a tricky score to guess anything at!.
Are u planning on studying any books besides the decks?
what country are u originally from?
I have just started part 2 today. I am thinking of starting with prosthodontics as oral path/surgery ill do together somewhere towards the end as thats more memorization then practical. I am thinking of first doing practical subjects as one tends to retain those longer then memorization stuff! 🙁. God part 2 has alot of subjects!.
I have dental decks 2004, past papers, and kaplan 2001. is that enough?..I will also start with dental decks first and then look at past papers. i am not sure how useful 2001 Kapln book will be.
This year is gone so cant apply anywhere else 🙁. but will surely apply for the 2009 session to places...want to give my part 2 by the summer Hopefully!..Lets see 🙁.yeah 84 is a tricky score to guess anything at!.
Are u planning on studying any books besides the decks?
what country are u originally from?
i did my graduation from 2003. .now a days in boston. did not apply anywhere else. well i just started part 2, doing oral path. just studying dntal deck. what r u stdying? when did u start? so what r ur next plans, will u be applying for any other school? what do u think with 84 this yr in nyu.i know its really hard to tell, as its mere borderline. lets see
hi dental bug.......I read one of your previous post in which u had mentioned that u had an interview at nyu year before last......I have 87 part I and ECE GPA 2.83 and have not heard anything from NY, but if I hear something i will let you guys know, also if they call me I will tell them to call the next person on the list - thanks to god I am bound for UIC 🙂 🙂
dentalbug
what about last year? did u had an interview.....
M quite surprised to hear that u being an reapplicant haven't heard anything 4rm them this year......
Is it really true that people with gpa below 3 don't have any chance in nyu, inspite of other things in application to be strong.....
guess M keeping false hope since few months and waiting for nothing.....
huh.......God knows what nyu people are upto........
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello fellow dentists. I had my interview on the 26th of Feb. I have nothing to add as far as feedback on top of what other people wrote wrt their experience..
I wish everyone in this forum the best in achieving their goals. The Lord loves us all and he will reward us with the best opportunity. It's his will not ours, having said that best luck to all of us.😳
Asnaan
I wish everyone in this forum the best in achieving their goals. The Lord loves us all and he will reward us with the best opportunity. It's his will not ours, having said that best luck to all of us.😳
Asnaan
hi dental bug.......I read one of your previous post in which u had mentioned that u had an interview at nyu year before last......
what about last year? did u had an interview.....
M quite surprised to hear that u being an reapplicant haven't heard anything 4rm them this year......
Is it really true that people with gpa below 3 don't have any chance in nyu, inspite of other things in application to be strong.....
guess M keeping false hope since few months and waiting for nothing.....
huh.......God knows what nyu people are upto........
I could NOT apply last year b/c my TOEFL score was expired and was in the process of getting it to them, but could not apply. So I wrote in my application this year about my history and being a reapplicant from the year before, but they have not given me any response.
Goodluck to those that are waiting.
dentalbug
To all of you have been called for an interview....Did they only email you guys or also call on the phone number you had given?? I check my email everyday 🙁.
They only e-mail you anyways u can call them and ask the status of your application🙂
ya,me too received a phone call to schedule my interview...
hello guys!!!!!!!!!!! i am new to this thread. i have read reply of u guys. i m in the same boat....waiting for the interview. my stats are nbde-85, GPA-2.6🙁 and toefl-92.........what do u think guys????
hi virus24 ...we all are waiting!

hi everyone i have applied to boston and nyu but still havent recieved any interview call, my stats are
nbde part 1-85(old pattern)
gpa -2.85
toeffl 102
exp. 3 years i india
1 year i u.s.
also i want ask if i should start studying for part 1 again or for part 2??? ?
ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE👍
nbde part 1-85(old pattern)
gpa -2.85
toeffl 102
exp. 3 years i india
1 year i u.s.
also i want ask if i should start studying for part 1 again or for part 2??? ?
ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE👍
hi everyone i have applied to boston and nyu but still havent recieved any interview call, my stats are
nbde part 1-85(old pattern)
gpa -2.85
toeffl 102
exp. 3 years i india
1 year i u.s.
also i want ask if i should start studying for part 1 again or for part 2??? ?
ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE👍
In my opinion you should take Part I again first, then part II. Because Part I score is more valuable for initial screening of applications. You should try to get 90+, also since your GPA is borderline apply to more schools then just NYU and BU. Good luck.
dentalbug
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey, I believe this could be the week of the first acceptance letters in accordance with what they told some of us. I am a big chicken so I don't want to call them. Is there any braveheart who want to give them a call ??
Good luck everyone !!!!!
Good luck everyone !!!!!
yeap just call them ,they started sending letters today good luck to everyone in this forum ,for those who are waiting the acceptance and for those who are waiting the interview call.
Hi Marlboro:
Did they tell you if they are going to send them via e-mail or regular mail ??
Thanks and good luck