-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NYU Interview
Started by nimsandy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
still not heard anything from NYU and same buggin status. so killin! good luck for the fellow sdners!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi to all,
I schedule my interview for 11 march,though they gave me early dates but as i'm not in US right now so i preffered a late one.anybody who schedule for 11 march?
Best of luck for those who are waiting for call and acceptence too,
mano
Hi, i scheduled my interview on march 11th, See you there.....🙂
Hey guys!
Guess it's everyone below 85 part 1 that's waiting,but is there any hope,coz interviews are almost over,right!
I thought u had an interview ???
yeah we havent heard anything as yet and are waiting ....
are u sure that the interviews are almost done ??
No interview for me yet.Someone in the admissions office told me that he interviews will go on till spring,assuming that is march,I am seeing so many people scheduling their interviewsin march.And since only 8-10 people are being interviewed in every batch,I'm starting to think my chances are very bleak.Started preparing for part 1 to improve my score for next year.I thought u had an interview ???
yeah we havent heard anything as yet and are waiting ....
are u sure that the interviews are almost done ??
No interview for me yet.Someone in the admissions office told me that he interviews will go on till spring,assuming that is march,I am seeing so many people scheduling their interviewsin march.And since only 8-10 people are being interviewed in every batch,I'm starting to think my chances are very bleak.Started preparing for part 1 to improve my score for next year.
hi i had got hopes looking at your previous posts in the forum as 82 being a competitive score for this year.. hmmm
i have heard (from hear) of only two sdners with 85 or less having got an interview...
I am believing it depends on the acceptances too .. how many would accept etc! but u are right.. it is definately getting a lil late !
I know,initially even I had hoped that I might get through when the person in admissions dept told me that they are looking at an average of 82,but the couple of people with a score below 85 had experience in US or had a part 2 score.let's still have some hope,coz I'm thinking not everyone who's interviewed might want to get into NYU.They might have applied elsewhere and gotten admission there.Let's see.Anyways preparing for next year aint harming anyone.hi i had got hopes looking at your previous posts in the forum as 82 being a competitive score for this year.. hmmm
i have heard (from hear) of only two sdners with 85 or less having got an interview...
I am believing it depends on the acceptances too .. how many would accept etc! but u are right.. it is definately getting a lil late !
Hey Fefzie,Hi superstar2008...what are ur stats? Im also waiting like u 🙁.
yes All the best to the ones who have been interviewed 🙂
my stats are part1 83, part2 75, toefl 101 and gpa 2.5 . Thanx!
hello guys,
we all are waiting, i called nyu today and they told me that if i havent got anything yet that means my application is under review.... god knows till what time they are gonna say that ur application is under riview....🙁 this sucks....... anyways guys can anyone tell me that is there any chances now as they have started sendind accepance letters???🙁 and can anyone plz tell me how to improve GPA??? thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!
we all are waiting, i called nyu today and they told me that if i havent got anything yet that means my application is under review.... god knows till what time they are gonna say that ur application is under riview....🙁 this sucks....... anyways guys can anyone tell me that is there any chances now as they have started sendind accepance letters???🙁 and can anyone plz tell me how to improve GPA??? thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!
Thanks supersatr2008!
we are pretty close on our part one and Toefl..I have 84 in NBDE 1 and 103 toefl. God Helps us all! 🙁..
Dont worry Virus 24..we are all in this with you...you are not alone...I hope something works out for all of us.
Take care of yourself and dont loose hope...if not this year maybe next year we can fulfill our dreams. 🙁
we are pretty close on our part one and Toefl..I have 84 in NBDE 1 and 103 toefl. God Helps us all! 🙁..
Dont worry Virus 24..we are all in this with you...you are not alone...I hope something works out for all of us.
Take care of yourself and dont loose hope...if not this year maybe next year we can fulfill our dreams. 🙁
Hey Fefzie,
my stats are part1 83, part2 75, toefl 101 and gpa 2.5 . Thanx!
hi superstar , fifze, virus, really its a test for r patience. lets relax and keep on working for it , till we reach it. so dont loose hope. i know , its really hard to ait everyday for there respose, but reallly cant do anything in that matter.
so lets work hard to make r future better.
so lets work hard to make r future better.
that was so nice of u guys! god will answer the prayers for all us! let's keep tryin! good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,
I called Nyu and they said they will send the letters next week,I dont know someone is telling they have alredy sent.. This waiting is killing me not able to lead a quality life ,sometimes i feel there is nothing left for me accept DDS programme......
I called Nyu and they said they will send the letters next week,I dont know someone is telling they have alredy sent.. This waiting is killing me not able to lead a quality life ,sometimes i feel there is nothing left for me accept DDS programme......
Acceptance letter in mail!
You will start getting it from 7 th march onwards... depending on your address...
All the best!!!!!!!!!👍
but some applicants already received letters, since this week. So, the process has started. just we need patience 👍

Hey fefzie,Hey All! just spoke to NYU people. They said interviews invites will be SENT TILL END OF MARCH!!...so we all still have HOPE!!! 🙂 ..which means interview wil carry out til mid april it seems...Best of luck!!
That's one consolin post in years I guess! If thatz the case then it wud be worth waitin. May God be with us all to achieve the target. Good luck!
hey all...any MORe interviews for anyone???? Come on! do let us all know if anyone gets an invite :-(...
Superstar2008....even with low Gpa's alot of schools take u in if u have good NBDE1..look at me...I have 3.82 GPA and still no interview call b/c of low 84%NBDE part 1 🙁..so I guess part 1 is important...sniff 🙁
Superstar2008....even with low Gpa's alot of schools take u in if u have good NBDE1..look at me...I have 3.82 GPA and still no interview call b/c of low 84%NBDE part 1 🙁..so I guess part 1 is important...sniff 🙁
Hey fef,hey all...any MORe interviews for anyone???? Come on! do let us all know if anyone gets an invite :-(...
Superstar2008....even with low Gpa's alot of schools take u in if u have good NBDE1..look at me...I have 3.82 GPA and still no interview call b/c of low 84%NBDE part 1 🙁..so I guess part 1 is important...sniff 🙁
U have a good gpa! Yeah! people told me from time to time. Anyway thank you! I sure wud try to improve my part1.
Hello everyone!
Some of us (about 12) interviewed at NYU on March 4, I am trying to reach out to you. It is probably too early for us to hear from them, but thought it would be good to see how everyone is coping with the wait...🙂
If any of you hear from the school, please do post it here or in the acceptance thread. It is nice to know when a fellow interviewee had made it.
Keep well.
Some of us (about 12) interviewed at NYU on March 4, I am trying to reach out to you. It is probably too early for us to hear from them, but thought it would be good to see how everyone is coping with the wait...🙂
If any of you hear from the school, please do post it here or in the acceptance thread. It is nice to know when a fellow interviewee had made it.
Keep well.
Hey Reva!
I hope your interview went well 🙂 could you please tell us your stats (NBDE scores, TOEFL, Gpa, work experience, date of application completed at NYU) and also what they asked u in your interview?
Thanks and best of luck! 🙂
I hope your interview went well 🙂 could you please tell us your stats (NBDE scores, TOEFL, Gpa, work experience, date of application completed at NYU) and also what they asked u in your interview?
Thanks and best of luck! 🙂
Hello everyone!
Some of us (about 12) interviewed at NYU on March 4, I am trying to reach out to you. It is probably too early for us to hear from them, but thought it would be good to see how everyone is coping with the wait...🙂
If any of you hear from the school, please do post it here or in the acceptance thread. It is nice to know when a fellow interviewee had made it.
Keep well.
Hey Reva!
I hope your interview went well 🙂 could you please tell us your stats (NBDE scores, TOEFL, Gpa, work experience, date of application completed at NYU) and also what they asked u in your interview?
Thanks and best of luck! 🙂
Hey Fefzie,
NBDE- 91
TOEFL iBT-119
GPA -3.1
Worked in India for a couple of years, my application got to NYU on Feb 1st (yeah, I am one of those procrastinators🙂
My interview was very casual, I got asked some questions about my Masters' thesis in Public Health, some comments about my home-town in the US. That's about it..they seem to be a doing the admission process somewhat differently this year. Looks like we will get acceptance/rejection letters after the first set of acceptances have agreed/confirmed their spots (this will give the admission panel a better understanding of how many spots are freed up).
Thanks and good luck to you as well.
Reva
Hey Reva!!
You have amazing stats!! dont worry at all!!! you will definetly get in!! and with that score BU and other colleges will also take you in a snap!..All the best!! 🙂
I hope I can get an interview call! 🙁 Im still waiting for that..... acceptance is still far off !!! haha
You have amazing stats!! dont worry at all!!! you will definetly get in!! and with that score BU and other colleges will also take you in a snap!..All the best!! 🙂
I hope I can get an interview call! 🙁 Im still waiting for that..... acceptance is still far off !!! haha
great stats Reva! sure wud get a place in NYUCD! good luckHey Fefzie,
NBDE- 91
TOEFL iBT-119
GPA -3.1
Worked in India for a couple of years, my application got to NYU on Feb 1st (yeah, I am one of those procrastinators🙂
My interview was very casual, I got asked some questions about my Masters' thesis in Public Health, some comments about my home-town in the US. That's about it..they seem to be a doing the admission process somewhat differently this year. Looks like we will get acceptance/rejection letters after the first set of acceptances have agreed/confirmed their spots (this will give the admission panel a better understanding of how many spots are freed up).
Thanks and good luck to you as well.
Reva
congratulationsHello.. I am new to SDN. 🙂 I had my interview on 15th Feb and got an acceptance letter yesterday. Please let me know if someone else got accepted and what do we do next now besides paying them $2500. 🙂
can u pls post ur stats
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Lachna,
Can u tell where do u stay in USA.Is it on the east coast or west coast.
Does it depend on the place where u stay , becoz iam waiting for one,and i was interviewd on feb 5th,
I stay in Cali.are they sending acceptance letters in a regular mail or priority mail?wen was it posted?
An can u please post ur stats?
Can u tell where do u stay in USA.Is it on the east coast or west coast.
Does it depend on the place where u stay , becoz iam waiting for one,and i was interviewd on feb 5th,
I stay in Cali.are they sending acceptance letters in a regular mail or priority mail?wen was it posted?
An can u please post ur stats?
what all the schools did you apply? where are you from in india? have you get any responce from any school till now?
Hey Fefzie,
my stats are part1 83, part2 75, toefl 101 and gpa 2.5 . Thanx!
hey what r ur stats?/they sent the letters to persons who r their first preferences.Hi Lachna,
Can u tell where do u stay in USA.Is it on the east coast or west coast.
Does it depend on the place where u stay , becoz iam waiting for one,and i was interviewd on feb 5th,
I stay in Cali.are they sending acceptance letters in a regular mail or priority mail?wen was it posted?
An can u please post ur stats?
Hey Docdk..
You are not alone in your wait 🙁 . the wait is killing me too!!..have u spoken to the nYU people recently?? Ive heard they get bugged if one asks them too often so im scared to call again 🙁 last time 10days ago they told me whenever your status is decided you will be the first to know so just be patient 🙁.
please let me know what they said to you when u spoke to them last if u did and how recent was it?
Take care!
You are not alone in your wait 🙁 . the wait is killing me too!!..have u spoken to the nYU people recently?? Ive heard they get bugged if one asks them too often so im scared to call again 🙁 last time 10days ago they told me whenever your status is decided you will be the first to know so just be patient 🙁.
please let me know what they said to you when u spoke to them last if u did and how recent was it?
Take care!
any more interview call guys ?? this waiting period is killing me...
M
makdr
i called nyu yesterday about status. they keep saying my application is under review. anyway i attended i/v on jan 31st. why are they taking such long time just to sort out who is accepted and who is not..
but the lady at admissions office have lot of patience and took some time before searching my application file.
but the lady at admissions office have lot of patience and took some time before searching my application file.
hey endeavor,what all the schools did you apply? where are you from in india? have you get any responce from any school till now?
i haven't applied to any schools but NYU. I'm from Southern India and till now waitin for response from NYU. Thanks.
Got my acceptance letter today. Was interviewed on the 4th of March, the letter was mailed 7th, and it got to Austin today-regular mail. Was a little worried since I heard that one of my fellow interviewees got his letter on Monday itself. Looks like everyone should be hearing from them pretty soon. Good luck, folks!!
Hi super star 😎rajni, oh sorry 2008 after seeing ur name it self i decieded your from south india.Me too the same side of ur state! Anyway all the best for ur further endeavour👍.... Why didn't u apply Texas university?(UTHSCSA),why u applied only NYU? Where u located in usa?
hey endeavor,
i haven't applied to any schools but NYU. I'm from Southern India and till now waitin for response from NYU. Thanks.
hi ende,Hi super star 😎rajni, oh sorry 2008 after seeing ur name it self i decieded your from south india.Me too the same side of ur state! Anyway all the best for ur further endeavour👍.... Why didn't u apply Texas university?(UTHSCSA),why u applied only NYU? Where u located in usa?
nice to meey ya. i live in north carolina, i heard the uthscsa's deadline is done, that's why i applied to nyucd alone. thank you for the suggestion. how abt you? where are you in admissions?
hey guys......no news of anyone getting any interview call in last days......March is almost going to end.......guess, no more calls now.......hey fefzie,
Called them a week back n they say the same thing, application under review.
but the Interviews till spring , the person said .
Hope we get to hear from them soon...
But, still don't feel like loosing hope.God knows what r nyu people upto.
guess, these people should send rejections, so that people like me who r still waiting for an interview call should not have false hope, as this phase of uncertainity is very painful and traumatic.
good luck to everyone
ghey guys......no news of anyone getting any interview call in last days......March is almost going to end.......guess, no more calls now.......
But, still don't feel like loosing hope.God knows what r nyu people upto.
guess,these people should send rejections , so that people like me who r still waiting for an interview call should not have false hope, as this phase of uncertainity is very painful and traumatic.
good luck to everyone
Hi doc new york,I know waiting is painful,Think of us after interview waiting for an acceptance!If u want your interview call come ,dont say "these people should send rejections "....... I find this is very mean!

All the best!
Well, I guess u took it in a wrong way.........I didn't said anything about people who already had an interview & are waiting for acceptance......U guys r lucky that atleast u have something in ur hand......., but what about people who r still waiting for call......atleast they should know, if they stand any chance or not at all in time, so that future plans could be made before it is too late...g
Hi doc new york,I know waiting is painful,Think of us after interview waiting for an acceptance!If u want your interview call come ,dont say "these people should send rejections "....... I find this is very mean!
All the best!
So, u shouldn't find it to be mean and take it personally....
good luck
Well, I guess u took it in a wrong way.........I didn't said anything about people who already had an interview & are waiting for acceptance......U guys r lucky that atleast u have something in ur hand......., but what about people who r still waiting for call......atleast they should know, if they stand any chance or not at all in time, so that future plans could be made before it is too late...
So, u shouldn't find it to be mean and take it personally....
good luck
In this world No one is lucky or unlucky it just matter of time!what do u mean that we have something in our hand, i was cooley studying for my PART 2 after so many rejections.... and finally i got interview from Nyu and all my life stoped now just waiting to hear from them.
so now u decide who is in better postion
Grass is always greener on other side
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep......very true..........just a matter of time and destiny.............& I can pretty well understand that it's difficult to move on & study with any knid of uncertainity........coz M also going throu same......guess it's a long journey & struggle 4 me......In this world No one is lucky or unlucky it just matter of time!what do u mean that we have something in our hand, i was cooley studying for my PART 2 after so many rejections.... and finally i got interview from Nyu and all my life stoped now just waiting to hear from them.
so now u decide who is in better postion
Grass is always greener on other side
Hope ur wait ends soon for good & u come out with gr8 results.
good luck
Yep......very true..........just a matter of time and destiny.............& I can pretty well understand that it's difficult to move on & study with any knid of uncertainity........coz M also going throu same......guess it's a long journey & struggle 4 me......
Hope ur wait ends soon for good & u come out with gr8 results.
good luck
Appreciate that! And wish u the same ..
No hard feelings!🙂
hi lahcna if you could post ur stats it would b help to othersHello.. I am new to SDN. 🙂 I had my interview on 15th Feb and got an acceptance letter yesterday. Please let me know if someone else got accepted and what do we do next now besides paying them $2500. 🙂
Hello Everyone,
I was interviewed on 15th Feb and had an invite for interview on 2nd Feb. I got an accpetance letter on March 10, 2008. I am presently living in Thousand Oaks, CA. (Los Angeles). I was sent a regular mail for acceptance and an email for interview. If anyone from LA has been accpeted and is on SDN...please msg me..so that we can make plans about going n where to stay n stuff. 🙂
My stats are:
NBDE 1: 85 (New Version wrote in April, 2007 and applied first time to NYU)
TOEL iBT: 112
GPA: 3.71
Had an Associates Degree in Business Admin from Canada (with honors).
Worked in Canada as an Intra-oral Dental Assistant for almost 2 yrs.
I hope it helps... n hope to see u all in June!!!
Take Care & Good Luck!!
I was interviewed on 15th Feb and had an invite for interview on 2nd Feb. I got an accpetance letter on March 10, 2008. I am presently living in Thousand Oaks, CA. (Los Angeles). I was sent a regular mail for acceptance and an email for interview. If anyone from LA has been accpeted and is on SDN...please msg me..so that we can make plans about going n where to stay n stuff. 🙂
My stats are:
NBDE 1: 85 (New Version wrote in April, 2007 and applied first time to NYU)
TOEL iBT: 112
GPA: 3.71
Had an Associates Degree in Business Admin from Canada (with honors).
Worked in Canada as an Intra-oral Dental Assistant for almost 2 yrs.
I hope it helps... n hope to see u all in June!!!
Take Care & Good Luck!!