-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NYU Interview
Started by nimsandy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
its so weird u have not received an invitation letter ,i mean u got good scores and a strong gpa .you should keep calling them asking for ur status i would say every week .
No I have not been interviewed yet 🙁 I have a 84% NBDE 1, ECE 3.82 GPA, Toefl IBT 103 and one year clinical exp in home country (Pakistan). still praying for the miracle of an interview invite 🙁
Hey marlboro27! I hope you are right! Yes I did call them again just now after reading your post. How should I go about asking them? bc everytime they say your application is under review. They dont even ask my name 🙁 I tell them myself!. Last week they had said be patient whatever they decide I will be the first one to know 🙁
Today I only asked till what time the interviews will be carried out and she said probably till mid April. 🙁 (its the 17th march tomorow!) then I just thanked her and kept the phone down....Please Prayyyyyyyyyyyyy for me!!!😳
Today I only asked till what time the interviews will be carried out and she said probably till mid April. 🙁 (its the 17th march tomorow!) then I just thanked her and kept the phone down....Please Prayyyyyyyyyyyyy for me!!!😳
its so weird u have not received an invitation letter ,i mean u got good scores and a strong gpa .you should keep calling them asking for ur status i would say every week .
I think you get interview call soon coz as I see on SDN there are some students who have already informed them that they are not joing NYU,I think that is good for all of us who are still going through this wait and keeping our hopes alive by just discussing our scores,coz you have a very good GPA and some people say that NYU consider the candidates with good GPAs.Forget everything,I am sure you will get an email soon just check it regularly.Dont just wait for a letter.Only a few people have that.Mostly emails.its so weird u have not received an invitation letter ,i mean u got good scores and a strong gpa .you should keep calling them asking for ur status i would say every week .
again good luck and be prapared for the interview.
Hello to all!
Thanks for keeping my hopes alive! But I guess the reality is our chances are very very slim to get accepted this year...all of us who have Not even been interviewd yet 🙁. Rink77 I cannot study for part 2 knowing that it is my part 1 score from which I will ALWAYS be judged by! SO I will start studying for my part 1 again and Hope I can improve my score and not drop it! since my part 1 is of old pattern I gave 3 years ago....so I will start studying for my part 1 again...🙁 studying for part 2 when my part 1 is below 85 is useless and very risky! ....🙁
Thanks alot for your support! It really helps! 🙁
Thanks for keeping my hopes alive! But I guess the reality is our chances are very very slim to get accepted this year...all of us who have Not even been interviewd yet 🙁. Rink77 I cannot study for part 2 knowing that it is my part 1 score from which I will ALWAYS be judged by! SO I will start studying for my part 1 again and Hope I can improve my score and not drop it! since my part 1 is of old pattern I gave 3 years ago....so I will start studying for my part 1 again...🙁 studying for part 2 when my part 1 is below 85 is useless and very risky! ....🙁
Thanks alot for your support! It really helps! 🙁
Hello to all!
Thanks for keeping my hopes alive! But I guess the reality is our chances are very very slim to get accepted this year...all of us who have Not even been interviewd yet 🙁. Rink77 I cannot study for part 2 knowing that it is my part 1 score from which I will ALWAYS be judged by! SO I will start studying for my part 1 again and Hope I can improve my score and not drop it! since my part 1 is of old pattern I gave 3 years ago....so I will start studying for my part 1 again...🙁 studying for part 2 when my part 1 is below 85 is useless and very risky! ....🙁
Thanks alot for your support! It really helps! 🙁
You are totally right..you have to improve your part 1 first. I got 87 in the new format and they haven't called for an interview in NYU..maybe because of my GPA(2.9)..who knows?? I really don't care anymore..If they will judge becuase of my past ..I don't want to go there. Try to improve the first part at least to a 85..and you'll get into NYU.
bye and good luck
Anyone who interviewed on March 6th received an acceptance letter?
Waiting...
Waiting...
hi friends. I am also waiting for the reply. It has been a very long time. It seems now the chances are very bleak. my stats are-
nbde-89(new pattern)
gpa-2.94(ece)
toefl-101
It seems they give a lot of importance to gpa. but this is very strange. If this is the case then why do they take nbde. I totally agree with mcr.
Anyways, best of luck to all my fellow friends who are waiting
nbde-89(new pattern)
gpa-2.94(ece)
toefl-101
It seems they give a lot of importance to gpa. but this is very strange. If this is the case then why do they take nbde. I totally agree with mcr.
Anyways, best of luck to all my fellow friends who are waiting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey those all who r waiting,
i think the hope of even getting interview is getting fainter and fainter day by day......admission looks so far from us now.. anyways keeping our hope alive lets pray for ourselves.....hy can anyone let me know that how long will they take to send the rejection letter??? and what can we do after that, i mean is there anyway i can improve my GPA?🙁 plz help me guys.....
one unlucky guy who didn't even got interview.....
i think the hope of even getting interview is getting fainter and fainter day by day......admission looks so far from us now.. anyways keeping our hope alive lets pray for ourselves.....hy can anyone let me know that how long will they take to send the rejection letter??? and what can we do after that, i mean is there anyway i can improve my GPA?🙁 plz help me guys.....
one unlucky guy who didn't even got interview.....

hi everyone congratulations to those who got their acceptances.
I am in trouble, can anyone tell me if they have'nt got their original degree yet??
i went to NYU college of dentistry today to ask about my application status as i did'nt get any interview call from them till now.there was a guy at the addmission's office who told me that my application has been held b'coz i dont have my degree.but i have provided my provisional certificate and a written request from my university registrar that provisional shall be considered as the original till i get my original degree.. but unfortunately they dont accept it.
i dont know what to do now.. has anyone got into a situation like this?? any suggestions please??
any advice would be of great help.
thanks
I am in trouble, can anyone tell me if they have'nt got their original degree yet??
i went to NYU college of dentistry today to ask about my application status as i did'nt get any interview call from them till now.there was a guy at the addmission's office who told me that my application has been held b'coz i dont have my degree.but i have provided my provisional certificate and a written request from my university registrar that provisional shall be considered as the original till i get my original degree.. but unfortunately they dont accept it.
i dont know what to do now.. has anyone got into a situation like this?? any suggestions please??
any advice would be of great help.
thanks
hi punjabi and ccsatellite...
even i had my interview on march 6th..still waiting😕😕
Hi Vgp, do you know if anyone interviewed the same day get accepted?
Good luck to you.
Don't know what they are looking for...
hi chato as far as i know colleges do not accept provisional degrees.all colleges require permanent degree certificate.you can go to individual websites of colleges and check it out as well go to search [on sdn]and check it out .hope this helps.
Hi all
I just saw another thread on SDN on the same page that is given 5 stars.somebody has an interview call on 27th of march.And they are saying that almost 80 seats are already been filled,can anybody see and revert with any information coz many people are waiting for the replies and also there are people who are waiting for interview call.
I just saw another thread on SDN on the same page that is given 5 stars.somebody has an interview call on 27th of march.And they are saying that almost 80 seats are already been filled,can anybody see and revert with any information coz many people are waiting for the replies and also there are people who are waiting for interview call.
hey that thread is of year 2007..see that carefully.two guys of this year( one of them is doc72) also posted their views there...so pls carefullHi all
I just saw another thread on SDN on the same page that is given 5 stars.somebody has an interview call on 27th of march.And they are saying that almost 80 seats are already been filled,can anybody see and revert with any information coz many people are waiting for the replies and also there are people who are waiting for interview call.
hi everyone congratulations to those who got their acceptances.
I am in trouble, can anyone tell me if they have'nt got their original degree yet??
i went to NYU college of dentistry today to ask about my application status as i did'nt get any interview call from them till now.there was a guy at the addmission's office who told me that my application has been held b'coz i dont have my degree.but i have provided my provisional certificate and a written request from my university registrar that provisional shall be considered as the original till i get my original degree.. but unfortunately they dont accept it.
i dont know what to do now.. has anyone got into a situation like this?? any suggestions please??
any advice would be of great help.
thanks
![]()
![]()
![]()
Hi,
I m in the same boat. In which yr did u graduate?? can u share the letter format u had from ur univ registrar?? u can pm me.
wud appreciate ur help.
Thanx.
hey chato,hi everyone congratulations to those who got their acceptances.
I am in trouble, can anyone tell me if they have'nt got their original degree yet??
i went to NYU college of dentistry today to ask about my application status as i did'nt get any interview call from them till now.there was a guy at the addmission's office who told me that my application has been held b'coz i dont have my degree.but i have provided my provisional certificate and a written request from my university registrar that provisional shall be considered as the original till i get my original degree.. but unfortunately they dont accept it.
i dont know what to do now.. has anyone got into a situation like this?? any suggestions please??
any advice would be of great help.
thanks
![]()
![]()
![]()
Sorry to disappoint you but I did the same thing two years ago and final outcome was my applcn wasn't get completed. I did sent a note from my registrar just like you did. They finally told me I need the original dental degree document and not the provisional degree. Even colorado did the same thing. Don lose your heart, I just wanted to let you know what I underwent, try not to get hurted. Hope this helps. One more victim of NYU not even got the interview yet! Good luck to fellow sdners!
I got my acceptance letter today!!!
I was interviewed on March 11th.
Good luck to everyone.
I was interviewed on March 11th.
Good luck to everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thursday 27th march is the last day,hope this helpsSomebody knows when will be the last day of interviewing?
Hi,
I also got accepted at NYU and I am based in California(san deigo).
It would be great if we share accommodation there in NY for the class of 2011.
Hope to hear from you soon
I also got accepted at NYU and I am based in California(san deigo).
It would be great if we share accommodation there in NY for the class of 2011.
Hope to hear from you soon
My stat are nbde-87(new pattern) and gpa-3.88
Hi,
I also got accepted at NYU and I am based in California(san deigo).
It would be great if we share accommodation there in NY for the class of 2011.
Hope to hear from you soon
Hi,
I am also from California, Thousand Oaks. You can contact me at [email protected].
Hello,
My hearty congrats to one and all for their acceptances in the colleges! I think its the curtains down time for the everyone whoever is waitin for the interview! Letz pray together to achieve in the followin years! Good luck!
My hearty congrats to one and all for their acceptances in the colleges! I think its the curtains down time for the everyone whoever is waitin for the interview! Letz pray together to achieve in the followin years! Good luck!
M
makdr
It seems NYU is going strictly by GPA without considering how best you scored in NBDE or TOEFL or whole application. I have seen people who got accepted till now is above 3.4 GPA.
so their cut off GPA is something around this.
in that case why do they call us for interview and wasting our money, time and hopes.
so their cut off GPA is something around this.
in that case why do they call us for interview and wasting our money, time and hopes.
SOembody told me at NYU that the interviews are through april?.....Is this true?...........
I got my interview on the 24th of march but they told me that there were other interview dates for April after the spring break. I hope this helps.
I got my interview on the 24th of march but they told me that there were other interview dates for April after the spring break. I hope this helps.
what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope you aren't kidding......
are you an international student?I got my interview on the 24th of march but they told me that there were other interview dates for April after the spring break. I hope this helps.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello...well I called them and they said the last days of interviews was 27th march..NO more interviews after that ...it could be the interviews in april will be of people on waiting list from last year.
Well when I called to schedule the interview they gave me the dates in March or dates in April. So....I guess they're still offering interviews to first time applying candidates as well.
Well when I called to schedule the interview they gave me the dates in March or dates in April. So....I guess they're still offering interviews to first time applying candidates as well.
hey kiddo,
I'm afraid that you are in the wrong forum... this section of the forum is for advance placement DDS program @ NYU in other words DDS program for foreign trained dentists @ NYU..
So, next time double check the forums in which you are posting the message...
good luck... best wishes
hey kiddo,
I'm afraid that you are in the wrong forum... this section of the forum is for advance placement DDS program @ NYU in other words DDS program for foreign trained dentists @ NYU..
So, next time double check the forums in which you are posting the message...
good luck... best wishes
Thanks for the correction! Best wishes to you too~~~
Hey everybody,
I just wanted to know when classes begin. I plan on applying next year.
I just wanted to know when classes begin. I plan on applying next year.
