nyu interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unrivalled

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i got an interview call from nyu today.....i have schedule it on jan 13....

Members don't see this ad.

my stats are....
nbde 90
toefl 103
gpa 3.44...

Members don't see this ad :)

i also got an interview call from nyu today.
my scores are...
part 1 88
toefl 99 !!!!
GPA 3.4.........

I too got an interview call today from nyu....

hi! i got an interview call today too... any idea on how to prepare for it or what kind of experience it is from someone who's been through it? would love to know!

Congrats to all who got interview from nyu...pls guys write ur scores,experience,gpa also ..it will be helpful to other students who are waiting for the interview...

I also received interview invitation from NYU.

My Stats:
Part I/II - 88/ 81
TOEFL - 101
GPA - 3.66
Work experience- 1 yr of observership in US

People who have gone through NYU interview in previous years please share your experiences and information and best of luck :thumbup:for all those who are waiting!!!

My Stats:
Part I/II - 88/ 81
TOEFL - 101
GPA - 3.66

People who have gone through NYU interview in previous years please share your experiences and information and best of luck :thumbup:for all those who are waiting!!!

hi congr8 for interview call........dentistbds5...
when u have schedule for interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi! i got an interview call today too... any idea on how to prepare for it or what kind of experience it is from someone who's been through it? would love to know!

hi please post ur interview dates so we can exchange information...............

Last edited:

My Stats:
Part I/II - 88/ 81
TOEFL - 101
GPA - 3.66

hiii dentistbds5.....my scores are 86/2.77/95........i hav 1 yr clinical experience plus 4 months of observership......wat r my chances in NYU.......THANKS IN ADVANCE nd CONRATS OF INTERVIEW:thumbup:

Hi,
All of u who got interview calls from NYU, could u please tell if u all got a letter in the mail [e-mail/regular post]saying that ur application was complete? And when did u all apply?

I heard that NYU has rolling admissions,I had applied in August,but never got any letters so far. I saw people who applied in September got interview calls.
I am anxiously waiting for ur replies...Plz help
Thanks in advance

hey .

I am an Indian girl and I am interviewing Nyu on the 13 th january .

Is any one willing to share accommodation for the nyu interview ..

Please get back to me

Regards

serena

hiii dentistbds5.....my scores are 86/2.77/95........i hav 1 yr clinical experience plus 4 months of observership......wat r my chances in NYU.......THANKS IN ADVANCE nd CONRATS OF INTERVIEW:thumbup:

Can any of you amazing experienced guys seriously guide me about my chances of getting a call from NYU?

My stats are as follows..

84/107/ 3.7

I ll be finishing my MPH GPA(3.5), have a year's experience as an observer in US with 1 and a half year experience in India.
Or you can guide me to someone who got a call at similar scores??

Regards

And thanks

Hi mdumb,
I had called NYU last week, she told me that last yr's avg was 85 for part and a gpa avg of abt 3.2. So I guess u do stand chances. All the best.
Can u give details of how u got into mph, its requirements, how easy or difficult it to get into and how useful it is.

Thanks in advance.

who all are on jan 13?
and also post your stats....

who are on 15 Jan.........please post interview dates....so we can share information...............

Thank you.

Hi Dr. Jamnagar,

I schedule my interview for 15 Jan. But, i didn't get any confirmation from them and details about the interrview. If you have any information about the interview and want to share, I would appreciate that.

Thanks

Hi mdumb,
I had called NYU last week, she told me that last yr's avg was 85 for part and a gpa avg of abt 3.2. So I guess u do stand chances. All the best.
Can u give details of how u got into mph, its requirements, how easy or difficult it to get into and how useful it is.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply.
I got into MPH in fall 2007. You need to clear GRE for that and apply to different schools. well the reason i came thru MPH was easy Visa access, Which many people are getting these days without coming thru MPH . But it also has some upper hand in final selection during the interviews. My experience says that people without any MPH degrees also have entered UPENN, giving ample proof that your score matters the most. all things are secondary!!! thats wat i believe in!!
mdumb may be!!

Hi Dr. Jamnagar,

I schedule my interview for 15 Jan. But, i didn't get any confirmation from them and details about the interrview. If you have any information about the interview and want to share, I would appreciate that.

Thanks

No i dont have any conformation from NYU. They told me only that interview will strart from 8-00 am and nothing else.

i am planing to call them on monday for detail. let me know if u have any detail.
give me ur contact no. so we can contact each other befor interview...

Hey Guys,,

I've an interview with NYU next week.. please it's been so hard for me to reach this point and has been a long arduous journey.. anyone preparing anything other than the NYU website? I dont have a clue as to waht to prepare and I'm really really scared@!! any sort of help would be greatly appreciated..

thanks so much

thanks pink panther...

i dont have any work experience besides one year of internship which includes 1 month rural
i have a couple of significant academic performances to help my cv... thats about it..
do u think i can get into nyu?

It might be a little tough...I would try to reimprove the part1(the average was 85!) or get some US experience-assisting,observing...And try other schools too

it might be a little tough...i would try to reimprove the part1(the average was 85!) or get some us experience-assisting,observing...and try other schools too
hi guys
there are 125 seats
do any body has any idea how many applicants will be called for interview
thanks

my status is 81/89 tofle/ 3.92 gpa
plz plz plz
tell me is there any chances in nyu

hi guys
there are 125 seats
do any body has any idea how many applicants will be called for interview
thanks

hi !
Sella

125 x 3 = 375 ( 350 + - 25 ) over the period of 2 months ( 16 - 18 interviews @ 20 candidates in each interview:D )

nothing is authentic and official,

my status is 81/89 tofle/ 3.92 gpa
plz plz plz
tell me is there any chances in nyu

89 .....part1 score or part2?:thumbup:
gpa is good.

you do have better chance.

be patient you will get it

Hey guys,

My stats are
NBDE Part1: 89
TOEFL ibt: 92
GPA :3.72

Do I have any chance of getting into NYU or other dental school??
Plz do reply.. :xf:

Last edited:

Thank you Unrivalled for starting this thread which is only meant for NYU interviews and other realted information about interview, and please do share here if you got a call.

Can any of you amazing experienced guys seriously guide me about my chances of getting a call from NYU?

My stats are as follows..

84/107/ 3.7

I ll be finishing my MPH GPA(3.5), have a year's experience as an observer in US with 1 and a half year experience in India.
Or you can guide me to someone who got a call at similar scores??

Regards

And thanks

Hi mdumb

I also applied for Nyu. My stats are----
89/92/3.21

I want to improve my Toefl score (92).
Please give me some tips

tushan

Hi Dr. Jamnagar,

Thanks

I have called them today and they have confirmed my name for 15 jan interview. they ask me to come on 10th floor-admission office for interview.
what u have prepared for interview.

Last edited:
I have call them today and they has conformed my name for 15 jan interview. Told me to come on 10th floor-admission office.
what r u doing for the interview preparation?

does anybody know what kind of interview they hold is that open or closed
thanks

Hi friends,
my status 82/93/3.06
applied to NYU...do u think it might help?

ya sure will definately share my interview experience so people interviewing after me will get some benefit i guess....

Anybody got interview call recently ??
Keep this thread alive please.

Hi Dr. Jamanagar,

Thanks for the information. I am preparing by going through my resume and I think it is going to be personal interview only.

Hello All

This was MY experience 3 years ago. I believe it will help all of you. Since, NYU is pretty much the last hope for many people (b/c they start their interviews after, most of dental schools' have accepted FTDs)

I was in the same boat as many of you. At the time of applying I had Part I 87, GPA 2.83 and Toefl 230. Surprisingly I was called for an interview. So, the first comment they made was Your Gpa is too low, we usually accept students with 3.0 or higher, they also said your TOEFL score is borderline. then they asked what do you think you can do? I should have said why did you call me for an interview to tell me my scores suck :). But, anyways I said I cant change the GPA (one stat that you cant change :(). I could take the Part II and TOEFL again, and also if NYU accept me I can gurantee that my GPA 1st year would be well above 3.0.
1 week later I received a nice rejection letter.

Now this my opinion that if you have a gpa above 3 and are called for in interview early, you have a good chance, if you get called with gpa less then 3, be prepared for some scolding.

So to finish my story, I Applied to 16 schools the following year with improved application: Part I 87, Part II 77, TOEFL ibt 99, FL dental hyegienist License, 2.5 years of dental assistant and observeship.

I was interviewed at 5 schools (UIC, NJ, USC, Loma Linda, and UDM), accepted and 2. *No interview from NYU, funny thing is it not?*

The most amazing thing is, Currently I am almost done with 1 year at UIC, and love it here, one of the best schools and excellent clinical experience, and we (FTDs) are well respected and liked by the professors and other dental students (non FTDS). I would not have liked the NYU commute. So, I have came to believe that what ever happens it happens for a reason :), you may not like it at that time, but it has to be for the better.

By the way, I have been blessed with an excellent GPA at UIC :) so far, keep my fingers crossed

Good Luck to all

Note/disclaimer: Above is my personal experience, it is not the opinion or policy of any dental school.

Dentalbug

hi,how was the interview,how many were there.reply is much appreciated

does the nyu application need a sop? i dont rememeber reading that anywhere

Hello All

This was MY experience 3 years ago. I believe it will help all of you. Since, NYU is pretty much the last hope for many people (b/c they start their interviews after, most of dental schools' have accepted FTDs)

I was in the same boat as many of you. At the time of applying I had Part I 87, GPA 2.83 and Toefl 230. Surprisingly I was called for an interview. So, the first comment they made was Your Gpa is too low, we usually accept students with 3.0 or higher, they also said your TOEFL score is borderline. then they asked what do you think you can do? I should have said why did you call me for an interview to tell me my scores suck :). But, anyways I said I cant change the GPA (one stat that you cant change :(). I could take the Part II and TOEFL again, and also if NYU accept me I can gurantee that my GPA 1st year would be well above 3.0.
1 week later I received a nice rejection letter.

Now this my opinion that if you have a gpa above 3 and are called for in interview early, you have a good chance, if you get called with gpa less then 3, be prepared for some scolding.

So to finish my story, I Applied to 16 schools the following year with improved application: Part I 87, Part II 77, TOEFL ibt 99, FL dental hyegienist License, 2.5 years of dental assistant and observeship.

I was interviewed at 5 schools (UIC, NJ, USC, Loma Linda, and UDM), accepted and 2. *No interview from NYU, funny thing is it not?*

The most amazing thing is, Currently I am almost done with 1 year at UIC, and love it here, one of the best schools and excellent clinical experience, and we (FTDs) are well respected and liked by the professors and other dental students (non FTDS). I would not have liked the NYU commute. So, I have came to believe that what ever happens it happens for a reason :), you may not like it at that time, but it has to be for the better.

By the way, I have been blessed with an excellent GPA at UIC :) so far, keep my fingers crossed

Good Luck to all

Note/disclaimer: Above is my personal experience, it is not the opinion or policy of any dental school.

Dentalbug

Dear Dentalbug

This is the most encouraging and inspiring response I have ever read on sdn. and that is exacltly what i'm going to do now because I have lost all hopes of getting an interview call this year.

Thank you and God bless.