nyu interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey any body from feb 5th batch of interview at nyu....any female willing to share accomodation...?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey any body from feb 5th batch of interview at nyu....any female willing to share accomodation...?
hiii elderwand, can u plz share ur stats wid us so that ppl like me waiting for interview can know where we stand and wat r our chances....thank u in advance and all da best for interview:thumbup:

here comes my longgggggggggggggggg awaited interview
i finally got an interview invitation today
stats......
nbde1 85
gpa 3.7
toefl 102

still deciding when to schedule......

Members don't see this ad :)
Even I have received an e-mail for scheduling an interview.

I have blocked for feb 12 th..anyone else for the same day?

My stats-

Part 1 -86 ( yest got my new score 89 which i hav to update them)

Toefl - 106

GPA-3.78

here comes my longgggggggggggggggg awaited interview
i finally got an interview invitation today
stats......
nbde1 85
gpa 3.7
toefl 102

still deciding when to schedule......

hey diastema,

even I m waiting for my interview...my stats are NBDE1 89,toefl109, gpa3.48. Can u pls tell me when ur application was complete.do they mailed u regarding completion of application.Actually they didn,t mail me but I have confirmed it on ph,they say it's complete.:xf:

hey diastema,

even I m waiting for my interview...my stats are NBDE1 89,toefl109, gpa3.48. Can u pls tell me when ur application was complete.do they mailed u regarding completion of application.Actually they didn,t mail me but I have confirmed it on ph,they say it's complete.:xf:

i applied long back................somewhere around september............and received my completion in a month or so..........actually depends on when did u apply..........good luck...

any girl willing to share accomadation for feb 10th interview.let me know..

Just to inform you guys, my stats are 84/107/3.7 and i have been called for interview at NYU although they wanted my transcripts to be sent from the university i am doing my MPH now. Got an email by thursday last, but I took a lil time to schedule, finally scheduled for 10Feb.

mdumb

i will see u on the 10th..btwn what u doing about the accomadation?

i scheduled my interview for 12th.............any body else for the same day.

my stats: 86/105/3.89
1yr of work ex in home country,currently doing MPH (3.75),Working as a research assistant from almost 2yrs,dental observership for 8mnths in the US.

hey aligners..
My stats 89/115/3.9.......
any female for feb 5th i/v, willing to share accomodation?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,

does anybody know when the program starts this year?i have an interview at nyu on feb 5th.my stats r 86/104/3.86

i am planning vaccation on june.....what about the last year..
pls help me guys...
thanks

Hello dsrat,
Last year the progran began by june 2nd.

hi,

does anybody know when the program starts this year?

June 1, 2009 - Advanced Placement Orientation Starts
June 3 - July 2, 2009 - Advanced Placement Introductory Course
July 6, 2009 - D2 Classes Begin (Class of 2012)
August 21, 2009 - D2/D3/D4 Summer Academic Session Ends
August 22 - September 7, 2009 - Summer Vacation for D2/D3/D4 Classes
September 8, 2009 - All Classes Resume

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/bulletin/calendar.html

hi,

does anybody know when the program starts this year?i have an interview at nyu on feb 5th.my stats r 86/104/3.86

i am planning vaccation on june.....what about the last year..
pls help me guys...
thanks

Congrats for your interview.

When did you apply ?

Hi dsrat

NYU starts classes every year on 1st monday on june.......
Hope this helps. All the best for your interview....:thumbup:

I ll reach on 9 and looking around for some space at some friends place for a night if possible.. later after the interview on 10, i ll like to visit some relatives and stay with them!! whats your plan for accomodation??

mdumb

i will see u on the 10th..btwn what u doing about the accomadation?

I ll reach on 9 and looking around for some space at some friends place for a night if possible.. later after the interview on 10, i ll like to visit some relatives and stay with them!! whats your plan for accomodation??

mdumb

i m going 2 reach 9th evening..planning 2 look for a hotel close 2 nyu since all my frenz stay kind of far from nyu...

hey dentoquest, kalvidas and others

thankyou very much

good luck to all people applying to nyu and my heartiest congratulations to all who got interview calls!!!:thumbup::thumbup:
hi fido...my stats r 86/3.10/104....do u think i stand any chance in NYU....and wat were ur stats when u got admitted....waitin for a response

Can any of you amazing experienced guys seriously guide me about my chances of getting a call from NYU?

My stats are as follows..

84/107/ 3.7

I ll be finishing my MPH GPA(3.5), have a year's experience as an observer in US with 1 and a half year experience in India.
Or you can guide me to someone who got a call at similar scores??

Regards

And thanks

hi mdumb, congrats for ur interveiw in nyu??? my stats are 83/104/3.75.......... i have applied to nyu in jan 2009.......waiting for the interview call......but r there any chances???!!! plz do reply....

hi mdumb, congrats for ur interveiw in nyu??? my stats are 83/104/3.75.......... i have applied to nyu in jan 2009.......waiting for the interview call......but r there any chances???!!! plz do reply....

yesterday I had my interview at nyu.We were 12 students.Interview was good. .my interview was with dr. Rima Sehl she is very cool and nice. she started reviewing my application and asked from my sop.my experience , work done inhome country, why nuy etc.everything was good.
Goodluck to all

yesterday I had my interview at nyu.We were 12 students.Interview was good. .my interview was with dr. Rima Sehl she is very cool and nice. she started reviewing my application and asked from my sop.my experience , work done inhome country, why nuy etc.everything was good.
Goodluck to all

hey thts cool........congratulations for being selected.........wt was your stats???

Hi, I have a strong feeling that you will be called for an interview.
Your stats are tempting to be invited in all possible ways.
When was your application finished??

mdumb

interview in NYU Feb 10 ,hopefully it is not too late............

Hi, I have a strong feeling that you will be called for an interview.
Your stats are tempting to be invited in all possible ways.
When was your application finished??

mdumb

hey my application status was complete just a week ago!!!!! do they consider the late applicants with such stats??? just hoping for the best!!!:xf: have u got any idea how many seats still left over for admissions in nyu???

hi aligners,
ur stats r ok ..and u do have a chance in nyu!..see my stats were high i had 90/3.40/270(cbt)..but i had some friends who even got accepted with a score of 83(old pattern)..but times have changed now...and it has become more competitive!u should be fine!
good luck!
hi fido...my stats r 86/3.10/104....do u think i stand any chance in NYU....and wat were ur stats when u got admitted....waitin for a response

hey my application status was complete just a week ago!!!!! do they consider the late applicants with such stats??? just hoping for the best!!!:xf: have u got any idea how many seats still left over for admissions in nyu???

am sorry i have no clue at all how many seats are left, but i am told the interviews are conducted until mid of may also.. so you have a huge chance. My application was completed in Nov. May be thats why I am called earlier, You should wait and i am sure you will get a call..
I have a strong feeling for you..don know why though.. may be coz i am..>>>>>

mdumb:)

am sorry i have no clue at all how many seats are left, but i am told the interviews are conducted until mid of may also.. so you have a huge chance. My application was completed in Nov. May be thats why I am called earlier, You should wait and i am sure you will get a call..
I have a strong feeling for you..don know why though.. may be coz i am..>>>>>

mdumb:)

hey thanx mdumb for being soooooo optimistic for me!!! well then good luck for your interveiw and do let me know how was it.......:thumbup: generally on an average after how much time will they call for an interview after your application is complete??

Is anyone threre who has applied in December 2008 and got an interview call ?
Thank you for your response.

hi guys, nice to hear your inputs, im almost desperate, first time i got my NBDE1 score 86 i was happy, but latter when i got about admission and skyrocketing scores accepted 90s and over! (like ones in tuft u.) im starting to think if i have to do NBDE1 again?
im planning already to redo my TOEFL (90 ibt), gpa 3.59
urgent need for inputs im gonna be crazy?!!:eek:

hi guys, nice to hear your inputs, im almost desperate, first time i got my NBDE1 score 86 i was happy, but latter when i got about admission and skyrocketing scores accepted 90s and over! (like ones in tuft u.) im starting to think if i have to do NBDE1 again?
im planning already to redo my TOEFL (90 ibt), gpa 3.59
urgent need for inputs im gonna be crazy?!!:eek:
hello vanhelsing,
i think part 1 score of 86 is competitive in new pattern...there is lot of risk involve in repeating if u get anything above 85...u may get less score wid more preparation and more correct answers...my advise to u is take part 2 in near future and make sure u score good in it....i think u vl be fine...:thumbup:

Does anybody know nyu's policy for the students who got in last yr but couldn't able to attend and reapplied this year....or someone who got acceptance directly without interview?

Thanks,

cookie

Does anybody know nyu's policy for the students who got in last yr but couldn't able to attend and reapplied this year....or someone who got acceptance directly without interview?

Thanks,

cookie
hello cookie, if they consider ur stats this yr also, they vl call u for interview, unlike BU and some other schools which conducts interview only once....hope this vl help..

hi
did anyone who were interviewed last year got an interview call this time. plz reply

hii..i got interview call from NYU...i have scheduled it on 12th feb...is anyone here scheduled on 12th feb in NYU...

can u please post ure stats?

hii..i got interview call from NYU...i have scheduled it on 12th feb...is anyone here scheduled on 12th feb in NYU...

hey...when was ur application form complete?...my apllication was complete by 1st week of dec and my stats are nbde1 89,toefl 92,gpa 3.58.Do I have any chance of getting an interview call? pls reply:confused:

hey guys from feb 2nd interview at nyu. kindly post your experience

hey guys who got an interview from nyu in feb....... can i know ur stats plz????? im waiting to hear from nyu......!!!!!

hi incision, congratulations on ur acceptance.......u seem to have good knowledge about nyu admission process too......so just wanted to ask that do i hold any chance this year in nyu??? my stats are 83/104/3.75. i had applied to nyu in jan 2009 and my application was complete 2 weeks ago!!! so how long do they take to schedule an appointment for interveiw after ur application is complete??? plz reply soon...... just getting tensed :( im not able to decide on wether i shud keep hopes from nyu or start preparing to retake the exam..... plz help!!!

Today I had an interview...Dr. Dawson was my interviewer...I m doing MPH rgt nw...He first asked me abt Mph...why I took admission into specific school??? I am doing RA in my school...so he asked abt that...then He asked abt observership that I have done...how u got that observership?
Do you know anybody frm NYUCD??? He was reading my SOP and asked few ques from it... It lasted for 10-15 mins...but, it was cool...