nyu postbacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yumi43

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone! i am currently enrolled in nyu's postbacc program (pre-dental). i don't know how tough science courses are at other schools, so i was wondering if a lower science gpa at nyu is better than a higher gpa from, say, a community college. my grades are ok now, mostly A's, but courses are getting tough and i'm starting to get worried.

also, i know dental schools accept people with gpa's as low as 3.0, but how often does this happen? what is the average gpa these days? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Yumi-

You'll hear different opinions about the quality of school vs. grades argument. My experience is that it depends on the indivudual dental school's criteria. Some schools take into account the dificulty of your school while others don't seem to care.

It's becoming very rare for people to get in with a 3.0 but it can still be done.

My suggestion is to post these questions in the pre-dental forum and see what the responses are. There's also a thread in the pre-dental forum called the under 3.0 club - you may want to check that out too.

Good luck!