NYU Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys,
anyn more news from NYu? anyone got any interview letters from them? NYu really is getting on to us isn't it?

sanju

Members don't see this ad.

hi sanju...

i called nyu yesterday.. as i also didn't get any interview letter from them and my application is completed in the 3rd wk of oct. and that lady told me that usually it will take 6-8 wk to review our applications... so i guess may b we can hear something may b in the end od dec. or in jan... :(

so we have to wait..

ami

Originally posted by amibhatt
hi sanju...

i called nyu yesterday.. as i also didn't get any interview letter from them and my application is completed in the 3rd wk of oct. and that lady told me that usually it will take 6-8 wk to review our applications... so i guess may b we can hear something may b in the end od dec. or in jan... :(

so we have to wait..

ami

Hi ami,
Thanks a lot for the info. ya i guess we just need to wait and see. the only thing worrying me was that few submittedv their applns in october second week and have already finished their interview. anyways there is nothing much we can do. what are your scores? are you from india.? which college? i am from govt dental college in bombay. i graduated in 2000.

sanju

Members don't see this ad :)
hi sanju..

my part 1 scor is 86..

yes.. i m from india and i graduated in 99 from loni.. that comes under pune university.. what's yr score?

when did u submitt yr application..?

ami

hi all....

me too got accepted in nyu.... i am just writing this again to let u guys know that.. i havent recieved any mail from nyu.. i called them.. finally just today they faxed me my acceptance letter.. i guess they never bothered to mail me or may be the mail got misplaced.... so those of u who were waiting to hear from nyu .. just call them n find out abt ur results....... good luck...

:) cods...........

:clap:

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and SDN. I just got acceptance letter from NYU. Congrats to everyone who have already got accepted and all the best to everyone who are still waiting?

I am a Canadian Resident and invite suggestions and guidance for the process of housing and loans and visa process for International Students. I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Congratulations everyone!!! NYU is a very popular school and it will be really great if you condensed all acceptances and scores at the "Accpetances thread", so everyone can have an idea of what is the school looking for this year, you know....what the schools expects from us and score related stuff........ That way we can tell which schools have raised or lowered their addmission standards. And next time we know were to wisely direct our money, time and energy towards. Thank you.

Dr. Hannibal, please check your pm

hi guys

i am coming to NYU toooooo:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

congrats to all friends here
cavity buster

First of all, I apologize for this delay in replying to your questions.
I've received many private messages asking me about loans and financial aid.
For those having a green card, you'd not get any financial aid because you are doing a graduate course. But, regardless of that, you still have to complete a FAFSA form (again, it would be a good idea to start off now).

You'd however be eligible for stafford loans- unsubsidized and subsidized. The maximum amount you can get is 38500 dollars. Since, the fee per year at NYUCD is a whooping 78000 dollars approx., students must consider applying to private loans like signature student loans by sallie mae, the city assist loan by citibank or you may consider asking your own bank if they have a student loan program.

People asked me about the NYU calender and how it was like. The D2 year is a very busy year. I have seen my schedule for the second semester and it has a total of 42 exams to be taken.

Hi Dr.Hannibal,

Thank you very much for the info.I hope you can guide me in this- my green card is in process ( not yet received the card ), am i eligible to apply for FAFSA loan?What are the two most commonly preffered private loans which NYU students take? Thanx in advance,
opal

Most people apply to citibank and sallie mae. But citibank looks at loan applications that are applied in a time period 90 days prior to start of the semester. Any application applied earlier would be a waste of energy. Also, remember that the 30 days of orientation prior to start of class is "not a part of the semester".

It would be a good idea to fill out your fafsa, wait for the student aid report.. which invariably would be a zero aid. NYU would send you the stafford loan application sometime in march- april. Fill it out and mail the application. Then, go about applying for loans with citibank or salliemae somewhere about 90 days prior to start of the semester.

I am not sure if you can apply for fafsa given your situation but if you do have a alien registration number and a social security number, You'd be eligible to apply for fafsa.

There are many other things that you can take care of in the meantime. Like, getting your 'health' card up to date. NYUCD would send you a health form to be filled out by your physician sometime in May. You'll have to have proof of immunization for hepatitis-B, Measles, mumps, rubella and varicella. Remember that proven antibody titres is a must for hepatitis-B and measles .
A tetanus shot has to be taken if you are due. Also, very important that you get a ppd done. If you are ppd positive a chest x-ray will have to be taken.
Recently NYUCD has advised that students take the menomune vaccine. Uninterested students would have to sign a waiver form.
This vaccination checklist could be helpful to many students as you never know what might spring up in the end. So, you might wanna do that in your free time.

Although, I am gonna be very busy in the coming months, I will try to take some time off whenever I get it to anwer all the queries that you all have. But, please do excuse me if I am unable to reply on time.

All the best to ya'll.

Dr. Hannibal

dr_hannibal,
thanks a lot for the loan info that you have posted. I am sure it will help a lot of SDN members,especially those looking to apply for these loans in the near future.
Some of my friends who are already in various programs have adviced that it is better to get a detailed info on the private loans before one signs up for them.

Good luck with your program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Dr. Hannibal. You are so helpfull and detailed in giving advice.

Dr. AM.

Hi Dr.Hannibal,

Thank you very much for taking your time in sharing your info. I was not even aware of a vaccination checklist in NYU until you posted. It was really a great info for newcomers like me. Regarding the FAFSA, i do not have an alien registration number although i do have a SSN, so i guess i may not be eligible!! Anyway, thanx again for your posts.

Do not take my words for what they are. Yours is a case that I havent come across. go to the fafsa website and see the basic eligibility criteria. If your questions are still not answered, give 'em a call and clarify your doubts. You gotta understand that your eligibility for a stafford loan is dependent on a completed fafsa.

Dr. hannibal

For those who're looking into the vaccination checklist. Menomune vaccine is not a requirement for admission.

Remember that titres for hepatitis-B have to be proven regardless of whether you have proof of immunization. AS for MMR and varicella, I'm not sure if you have to prove titres for all. I guess I did have report for antibody titres for all of them. But each lab report costs a lot of money and none of it is covered by insurance (neither is the vaccination). So, just try to do what is requested.

Dr. hannibal

I am wondering if you guys could remember the names of Interviewers, any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Dr.Hannibal,

Thank you very much for your concern. I actually checked the FAFSA online site, but couldnt get answers for my eligibility. I would definitely call them up to get my doubts cleared. Also, your info regarding the vaccination was very helpful. Thanx a lot. Good luck in your research.

Hi DMAT,

There were about 4-5 interviewers that day & my interviewer was Amy Knowles. It is very cool. Nothing to worry. Hope this helps.

Thanks Opal!!!

Hi dr hannible,
wanted to know whether the vaccination report could be completed by an american physian only?
thanks

That is a very good question, but unfortunately I might not have the right answer for that. In any case, you should try getting it from a physician in this country. I'll try asking my fellow classmates, if anyone's gotten a report from a physician outside the country.

Dr. Hannibal

Thanks that would be really useful.
Maybe different universities have different prerequisits,I think even the schools should be able to tell us ..:)

pinktooth which univ are u going to be joining if i may ask?

I am at the interview stage just now..UPenn,BU and CWRU
Just wanted to ask and clear my doubts since the topic was getting discussed.:)

ok pinktooth :) ....all the best....if u come to BU let me know...its my hometown (for now at least) :D

Thanks a lot toothmail..Sure I will trouble you when i come to Boston:D

HI :

Looks to me that NYU forgot about me.I applied in the 3ed week of October,and have not recieved any invitation till now:rolleyes: .

Anyone in the same situation??

i had applied in the first week of oct ,igot an interview call only in the first week of jan.... they gave me dates frm jan 15 to apr.i took feb 19.anybody with interview on tht day?

hi Ann 03,
i too took my interview date on feb 19th.

ths great dr anie meet u in nyu thn.
can i ask u ur scores in part1 and gpa?hav u applied to anyother school? i am relatively new to this group so i dont know if u hav posted all this info in som other thread.
i hope its not too late for an interview in nyu

hi every one
congrats for hte acceptance top NYU:clap: :clap: :clap:

its great can you all share your interveiw experience and how much are your scores.......

Dr annie I am having the interview on 12th feb...will let you how was it...

meggs

please checck your PM

Hello fellow SDNers!

I got accepted into NYU.. its so nice that they tell u on the spot! I enjoyed the interview and was fairly impressed with the school (but not with the cost!).. the Rosenthal wing is magnificent! But I've decided to go to BU, tho.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted and best of luck to those who're waiting! :)

Tasha

congrats once again tasha.
could u tell me once again whn u went for interview in nyu?
do u have to decide thn and thr if get in?

Hi Ann! Thanks a lot! :) My interview was on the 15th of Jan, on a cold windy snowy day. No you don't have to give a reply straight away luckily. You can think about it, or wait to get accepted elsewhere like I did. They will give you a deadline of a few weeks to make up your mind.

Tasha

thanks tasha. i have my interview on feb 19 th.i am not interested too much in nyu bcoz of the cost. i am waiting for bu results.they seem to be delaying a lot.:mad:
congrats once again.

dr_hannibal,
hi, thanx for all information u shared till date, i have a questation , i heard that shedule for advanced standing students in their first year is very busy.... i heard that there are two batches one in the morning since 6: 30 to noon and other is 2:30 pm to late night that is 9 or 9:30 , is that true ??
i am really confuse about housing , so if i get some idea of timings it will be easier for me .......i will be very thank ful if you will be able to help me out......tahnx once again

yeah, the schedule is very busy for the D2 year. You'd have a barrage of exams and submission deadlines throughout the year. But, it eases out in the third and final year. The students are divided into three batches and each attends their respective lab sessions at a different time in the day (8-11, 12-3 and 530PM - 830PM).

Also, you'd receive a mail from NYU regarding dorms. There are cheaper housing available but that would mean you'd have a lengthy commute.

Dr. hannibal

hi dr_hannibal,
just wondering becuase when i enquired at NYU a lady told me that we would have timings according to our batch like either starting from 8-30 in the morning or 9-30 or something like that. but now u are telling kind of 5-30 to 8-30. can u please tell me what will be the exact timings of the college for us? becuase i m thinking to commute from NJ so was littlebit of worried.
i would appreciate if u tell me whats the earliest time and whats the latest time. becuase until now i was in an impression that college hours will be until 5-30 or 6-00.
smi

Hi every one,
I got the acceptance letter from the NYU two days back. I am going to let them know that i am not joining there tomorrow as i decided to join in another college.

All the best for all the rest of the candidates.

hi krishh,whr have u decided to join, if i may ask?

hi ann,
i called the NYU people today and told them that i wam with drawing my application. I hope some one will get an admission letter soon. I was accpeted at some pf the schools and like UCLA, NYU, BU and wait listed in Upenn. I am waiting to hear from Upenn and if i get there i will join there.

All the best to you all

hi krishh, i am confused here.u said in the bu thread tht u havent heard frm thm yet?
so have u been accepted into bu ucla and nyu?
btw, all the best for upenn.

Hi Krishh,

Could you clarify our confusion , cos in the Bu thread you said that they told you to call up after 2 weeks to know your status & here you say you got accepted in Bu.were you accepted in Bu? If so, could you please tell us when you were informed by them?
Thank you & good luck.

Hi,
i am sorry for the mis typing. I didnt get in Bu still and i will be joining if they r going to give it. But if i get in Upenn, my preference will shift towards Upenn. I am sorry for confusing you all.

dr_hannibal said:
Most people apply to citibank and sallie mae. But citibank looks at loan applications that are applied in a time period 90 days prior to start of the semester. Any application applied earlier would be a waste of energy. Also, remember that the 30 days of orientation prior to start of class is "not a part of the semester".

It would be a good idea to fill out your fafsa, wait for the student aid report.. which invariably would be a zero aid. NYU would send you the stafford loan application sometime in march- april. Fill it out and mail the application. Then, go about applying for loans with citibank or salliemae somewhere about 90 days prior to start of the semester.

I am not sure if you can apply for fafsa given your situation but if you do have a alien registration number and a social security number, You'd be
eligible to apply for fafsa.

There are many other things that you can take care of in the meantime. Like, getting your 'health' card up to date. NYUCD would send you a health form to be filled out by your physician sometime in May. You'll have to have proof of immunization for hepatitis-B, Measles, mumps, rubella and varicella. Remember that proven antibody titres is a must for hepatitis-B and measles .
A tetanus shot has to be taken if you are due. Also, very important that you get a ppd done. If you are ppd positive a chest x-ray will have to be taken.
Recently NYUCD has advised that students take the menomune vaccine. Uninterested students would have to sign a waiver form.
This vaccination checklist could be helpful to many students as you never know what might spring up in the end. So, you might wanna do that in your free time.

Although, I am gonna be very busy in the coming months, I will try to take some time off whenever I get it to anwer all the queries that you all have. But, please do excuse me if I am unable to reply on time.

All the best to ya'll.

Dr. Hannibal

BUMP............... I guess this should help some ppl. Lemme know if there is anything in particular tht you'd all wanna know after goin through all these posts.

Dr.hannibal

dr_hannibal said:
BUMP............... I guess this should help some ppl. Lemme know if there is anything in particular tht you'd all wanna know after goin through all these posts.

Dr.hannibal

Hi Dr.Hannibal,

Good to hear from you after a long time. Actually i had PMed you about a few weeks back. Can you check it out if possible.

Thanx,
Opal