NYU vs Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

predentav

New Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just accepted into NYU and Louisville. I am having a hard time deciding which school to attend since there are pros and cons to each university. I am currently a Florida resident. I had such an amazing experience at Louisville during my interview, everyone was so nice and I loved the school. I also had a great experience at NYU during my interview and I know they have great clinical exposure, but the cost of tuition and living in New York does concern me.

If you guys could please give me some advice or if any current students at NYU and Louisville could please share their experiences I would really appreciate it! Thank you!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NYU, because I love the city life!

Things to consider are your political stance and your origin!

Conservatives are happier in a place like Kentucky, and Liberal/3rd party are better fit in a liberal place like New York.

Kentucky is not for everyone!
 
Last edited:
NYU, because I love the city life!

Things to consider are your political stance and your origin!

Conservatives are happier in a place like Kentucky, and Liberal/3rd party are better fit in a liberal place like New York.

Kentucky is not for everyone!

Is kentucky really that conservative? I'm from ohio and am planning on attending louisville over nyu and osu. I'm not super duper liberal but i'm also definitely not conservative so now I'm not sure if louisville is a good choice...
 
Is kentucky really that conservative? I'm from ohio and am planning on attending louisville over nyu and osu. I'm not super duper liberal but i'm also definitely not conservative so now I'm not sure if louisville is a good choice...

From my visit Louisville didn't feel that conservative, keep in mind it's a city so it's fairly diverse.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Is kentucky really that conservative? I'm from ohio and am planning on attending louisville over nyu and osu. I'm not super duper liberal but i'm also definitely not conservative so now I'm not sure if louisville is a good choice...

Generally, if you live near campus, you'll be fine.
 
I wasn't really going to let political stance affect my decision. I wanted to know more about the clinical exposure at both schools and maybe experiences from current students at each school.