NYU vs. Tufts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timelyjeez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last decision.
I almost made up my mind to go to NYU, but Tufts is lately really attractive to me, too. Which would you choose, and why? $ and # of students are not big factors to me. Tufts has bigger name, right?

Members don't see this ad.

it usually comes down to Boston vs. NYC for most. both have comparable students & price tags.

gl w/ your decision,
jb!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
it usually comes down to Boston vs. NYC for most. both have comparable students & price tags.

gl w/ your decision,
jb!:)

BTW, I hope you come to NYU (if I go there : p) I looooove Jack Bauer and I can't help thinking you are like him! hope you are not a girl, though.

Last decision.
I almost made up my mind to go to NYU, but Tufts is lately really attractive to me, too. Which would you choose, and why? $ and # of students are not big factors to me. Tufts has bigger name, right?

seriously, 99.99% of the general population doesn't know which schools are better than which. But, of course NYU is so well known just because its...well...in NY. Anywho, I think Tufts is a great school. There's fewer students so I think it's easier to get one-on-one attention. I mean, read all the stuff about NYU on this forum. But then again, I just might be subconsciously bitter for being rejected by NYU. :D

Yea when you are deciding b/t those 2 schools...it pretty much comes down to the location of the school. Both schools have larger enrollments..although NYU is bigger by like 100 people..which I guess is a lot. But they also have more faculty to bring that ever popular student/teacher ratio down to about average. Just decide whether you like the cosmopolitan feel of NYC..or the more laid back, "college-like" city of boston. Can't go wrong either way. I mean these are good problems to have! Good luck on your decision.

Yea when you are deciding b/t those 2 schools...it pretty much comes down to the location of the school. Both schools have larger enrollments..although NYU is bigger by like 100 people..which I guess is a lot. But they also have more faculty to bring that ever popular student/teacher ratio down to about average. Just decide whether you like the cosmopolitan feel of NYC..or the more laid back, "college-like" city of boston. Can't go wrong either way. I mean these are good problems to have! Good luck on your decision.

academic advisors at NYUCD:

2 academic advisors/entire student body
this includes international students entering second year

professors at NYUCD:
don't answer your e-mails
(refer to the post Little Infor about NYU)

great recources at NYU:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am having a hard time seing them

academic advisors at NYUCD:

2 academic advisors/entire student body
this includes international students entering second year

professors at NYUCD:
don't answer your e-mails
(refer to the post Little Infor about NYU)

great recources at NYU:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am having a hard time seing them

hmm...did not know this :laugh: