SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

NYU vs. Tufts?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by timelyjeez, Mar 2, 2007.

1. timelyjeez

timelyjeez 2+ Year Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Last decision.
    I almost made up my mind to go to NYU, but Tufts is lately really attractive to me, too. Which would you choose, and why? $ and # of students are not big factors to me. Tufts has bigger name, right?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. armorshell

armorshell One Man Freak Show Dentist Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Name doesn't really matter in dentistry. Outside of dentistry, NYU is the big dawg.

4. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Jul 2, 2006
    West of MLK
    it usually comes down to Boston vs. NYC for most. both have comparable students & price tags.

gl w/ your decision,
    jb!:)

5. timelyjeez

timelyjeez 2+ Year Member

Dec 12, 2006
    BTW, I hope you come to NYU (if I go there : p) I looooove Jack Bauer and I can't help thinking you are like him! hope you are not a girl, though.

6. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Jul 2, 2006
    West of MLK
    def. not a girl :)

7. JohnDoeDDS

JohnDoeDDS Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 25, 2004
    Bauer is the man! lol.

8. whosmk

whosmk 7+ Year Member

Feb 8, 2007
    NYU if you can afford the big city life&fun during your dental education

9. bionerd

bionerd 7+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2006
    seriously, 99.99% of the general population doesn't know which schools are better than which. But, of course NYU is so well known just because its...well...in NY. Anywho, I think Tufts is a great school. There's fewer students so I think it's easier to get one-on-one attention. I mean, read all the stuff about NYU on this forum. But then again, I just might be subconsciously bitter for being rejected by NYU. :D

10. shamrock2006

shamrock2006 5+ Year Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Nowhere and Everywhere
    Yea when you are deciding b/t those 2 schools...it pretty much comes down to the location of the school. Both schools have larger enrollments..although NYU is bigger by like 100 people..which I guess is a lot. But they also have more faculty to bring that ever popular student/teacher ratio down to about average. Just decide whether you like the cosmopolitan feel of NYC..or the more laid back, "college-like" city of boston. Can't go wrong either way. I mean these are good problems to have! Good luck on your decision.

11. Buldog

Buldog

Feb 28, 2007

academic advisors at NYUCD:

2 academic advisors/entire student body
    this includes international students entering second year

professors at NYUCD:
    don't answer your e-mails
    (refer to the post Little Infor about NYU)

great recources at NYU:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am having a hard time seing them

12. shamrock2006

shamrock2006 5+ Year Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Nowhere and Everywhere
    hmm...did not know this :laugh: