NYU Waitlist 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drzaidds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey ya'll i'm new on this site...is there anyone on the NYU waitlist that actually wanna go there?????? i totally hate waitin for this!!!!!!!!!! i'd feel more comfortable if i knew there were other ppl in the same boat as me!!!! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

hey ya'll i'm new on this site...is there anyone on the NYU waitlist that actually wanna go there?????? i totally hate waitin for this!!!!!!!!!! i'd feel more comfortable if i knew there were other ppl in the same boat as me!!!! :cool:

i am on the waitlist as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
this sucks do u kno if in may we're really goin to find out????

Right here! I've been wanting to go to this school ever since I was a little speeddater. My friend, you have tons of company on this waitlist. More than you could ever imagine, try 200+ and I'm still optimistic more seats will open up for us. Some international students told me the class is full! GRR, how true this is, I don't know, but I doubt it'll stay that way for long. So let's keep up the faith & our goodies will come to us in a few weeks. Its a few more weeks guys, I'm psyched & so you should you guys too :)

i wish icould be psychedddddddddddddddd im an MS student at the dental school and i gotta go everyday by there jus seein all the DDS students in white coats jus patiently yet anxiosly waitin to get a freakin letter!!! i hope madddddddd ppl drop i <3 NYU :(

Has anyone seen any movement on the waitlist yet?

im confused...are waitlisted on NYU's Dental school or the med school???

i wish icould be psychedddddddddddddddd im an MS student at the dental school and i gotta go everyday by there jus seein all the DDS students in white coats jus patiently yet anxiosly waitin to get a freakin letter!!! i hope madddddddd ppl drop i <3 NYU :(

I feel you pain man, I really do. I'm so happy for all the NYU Acceptees and Matriculants, you guys really deserve it and depending on the outcome of this waitlist, I feel totally proud of myself for the fight I put up these past two cycles. I see most of those students in the white coats from time-to-time and I'm so close to it I feel as though I can reach out & touch that dream, but soon enough man, we'll all be outside playing with the other kids. Just hang in there man, I've been on this dreaded list since Dec and I'm still upholding the faith. You'll get off, just stay positive, and the same goes for hte rest of you guys, no matter how tough it seems, WE SHALL BE VICTORIOUS MY FELLOW FRIENDS!!!! :)

awwww im glad your bein so positive, even when some of us are lackin it...i get so aggitated sometimes cz its like so close yet so far...everything is so up in the air...they jus need to quit the bs and start passin out them acceptance letters SOON!...lol but i fig the longer we wait the more valuable the feelin will b when we do get accepted!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

i withdrew my spot today. that should open up a spot for somebody.

ohh awwww thank u!!! lol where did u decide to go???? it sucks bein on the waitlist ;(

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to the club. Patiently waiting. :scared:

count me in..patiently waiting too...

Hi, My name is Speeddater and I am the President of this wonderful NYU waitlist fanclub. We're expanding nationwide, from New York, all the way down to Florida, California, and even Canada just to name a few. Everyday there's a new member!! Anyway, I can't wait to resign my position, but for now, Make yourself at home, there's plenty of refreshments in the fridge.

do ya'lll think a lot of ppl are goin to withdraw their seat?????

i'm on it too and called today. they said they'd let us know late May.

When do school's send out the master list of who've they've accepted? I think that might affect who they take, for example, IF they are compassionate, they may not take someone who has lots of offers?

yeah that kind of makes sense...b/c of the fact if somebody has alot of offers and lets say another student has just an offer from like NYU..im sure they'd take the person who jus got one offer cz its kind of like thats their only opportunity...if that makes ne sense...but then again, it could go either way...they may want somebody w/ lot of offers cz that student might do hella better compared to the student w/ 1 offer...lol confusin ;(

sooo late may huh? that sucks:scared:

Are you from the South?

i'm on it too and called today. they said they'd let us know late May.

wow. it went from march, to april, now to late may. they were probably better off not setting dates at all.

wow. it went from march, to april, now to late may. they were probably better off not setting dates at all.

I can't wait to hear when its June / July, j/k heh

I'll probably get the same answer, but has anybody else heard any new developments? I mean really!!! Mymouthsmells was right, that while NYU is our greatest chance of getting off the waitlist, the director said there were well over 4100+ applications, & that was at the end of November. NYU seems to be very popular this year, whereas in the past, people were reluctant, even though we normally think NYU is really used as a backup! At the current moment, all we can do is wait & see how many spots will open up and I'm erring on the optimistic side of course that we'll all be very happy people very soon.

southern accents rule...i was down in Louisville for an interview..stayed w/ a friend of mine...her roommate is from Georgia...loved it:love:...off topic i know...but i guess i'll add something useful. If you check predents..there are many accepted to NYU that got accepted elsewhere..odds are they will go somewhere else. Many already have...including myself. There's one spot open for sure!

do schools get a master list of where students on their waitlist have gotten offers??

southern accents rule...i was down in Louisville for an interview..stayed w/ a friend of mine...her roommate is from Georgia...loved it:love:...off topic i know...but i guess i'll add something useful. If you check predents..there are many accepted to NYU that got accepted elsewhere..odds are they will go somewhere else. Many already have...including myself. There's one spot open for sure!

Thanks again Shamrock for the reassurance and the good samaritan deed :) You rock

By the way, how's it going in Detroit? Pretty excited huh?

do schools get a master list of where students on their waitlist have gotten offers??

If I'm correct, the schools will be looking for people that placed 2 or more deposits. Let's say in our case, the waitlistees with no acceptances & hence no deposits won't be affected. However, if somebody is on that same waitlist and placed a deposit elsewhere, I doubt they will be affected. If School X AND School Y are holding a deposit from the applicant, then they will know, but being on the waitlist at one school, & not having been accepted / placed a deposit, I doubt that will affect you.

Thanks again Shamrock for the reassurance and the good samaritan deed :) You rock

By the way, how's it going in Detroit? Pretty excited huh?

haha...well I wouldn't call me a Samaritan. I basically made my decision based on proximity to home. even though detroit is a 5 hr drive and NYC is like a 2 hr plane ride. But whatever. I'm just glad it opens up a spot for someone else. There are many more qualified applicants than there are spots I think...so if it helps out a future dentist..i'm all for it. best of luck to you! I'm pulling for you guys...and here's something else...at Detroit- mercy, from what I've read..takes 8-37 ppl off the waitlist each year..the only enroll 78. So just imagine what NYU takes!...oh and I have no idea about detroit yet..i've only been there a couple times and it scares me...I only plan on going into the city for school, when the White Sox play the Tigers...and when teh Packers play the Lions..nothing else.

haha...well I wouldn't call me a Samaritan. I basically made my decision based on proximity to home. even though detroit is a 5 hr drive and NYC is like a 2 hr plane ride. But whatever. I'm just glad it opens up a spot for someone else. There are many more qualified applicants than there are spots I think...so if it helps out a future dentist..i'm all for it. best of luck to you! I'm pulling for you guys...and here's something else...at Detroit- mercy, from what I've read..takes 8-37 ppl off the waitlist each year..the only enroll 78. So just imagine what NYU takes!...oh and I have no idea about detroit yet..i've only been there a couple times and it scares me...I only plan on going into the city for school, when the White Sox play the Tigers...and when teh Packers play the Lions..nothing else.

hahahahha lol ppl in NY make fun of my accent and my hospitality ;( they say im too nice...nehoo- your totally right though shamrock- and thanks for the consideration to us waitlistees- i jus applied to NYU and got interviewed here- one shot one chance kinna deal for me since im already in the MS program at the dental school i didnt wanna go ne where else. good lucks where ever you go and hopefully the sports teams u rootin for win as well!!!!!!!!!! :p

I just let go of the spot I was holding at NYU. I liked it a lot, love that area of NYC, but had cheaper options. Also, FYI, I declined a recent acceptance to Temple, so hopefully that's two spots that will get someone off the waitlist soon!!!

so with all these spots opening up, who knows, maybe we will find out sooner than we think!

hopefully!!! thank u all for bein considerate of us waitlistees!!! good luck wherever you go as well!

as for us waitlistees...cant wait to unite when we start a new thread of "WAITLISTEES FINALLY ACCEPTED!!!" lol ;)

I just let go of the spot I was holding at NYU. I liked it a lot, love that area of NYC, but had cheaper options. Also, FYI, I declined a recent acceptance to Temple, so hopefully that's two spots that will get someone off the waitlist soon!!!

Gracias, especially to SheGotGame, Shamrock2006, and LoF27, keep it coming guys, keep it coming!!!! Nothing but "lovin" up in here, hehe

YAYY!!!!! Thank you so much! Now that's what's up!!!!!

I also declined the acceptance from NYU and Upenn. Good luck to everyone!

awesome!!! good luck to ya'll wherever ya'll go!!!!

:mad: i called yesterday - they said even after may 1 we gotta wait a couple of wks b/c they still give those students taht didnt responsd some time...wtf??!?!

did they say when they are reviewing waitlistees again?

Did anyone else get a phone call from NYU yesterday regarding waitlist status?

Did anyone else get a phone call from NYU yesterday regarding waitlist status?

i didnt get a phone call- i called them...did you get a phone call from them??????? they said they are lookin over the list now, but they still giving 2 wks after may 1 for the ppl taht did get accepted some more time to decide...

They called and asked whether I'm holding a spot at any other school and if I'd be ready to submit a deposit in May. Not sure what that means.

it means that they want to know if you are going there
that is if you pay the second deposit in May, then they know for sure that you are going and they hold that spot for you till school opens

I'm on waitlist at NYU, I haven't paid them any deposits.

They called and asked whether I'm holding a spot at any other school and if I'd be ready to submit a deposit in May. Not sure what that means.

Ok, so you said you're on the waitlist, & you're also saying they actually called & asked if you're holding another spot? I'm confused??? :eek:

Ok, so you said you're on the waitlist, & you're also saying they actually called & asked if you're holding another spot? I'm confused??? :eek:

Yes, they called and asked if I'm holding a deposit at any other school. And I am on waitlist at NYU.

Yes, they called and asked if I'm holding a deposit at any other school. And I am on waitlist at NYU.

That's really odd because NYU said they would send an email / letter to inform everybody they were going to pick on the list. I don't recall them saying anything about calling. But I'm happy to hear and it sounds good to you, good luck.