NYU Waitlist 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i still havent received a call...did u receive a call??? <~~sadipagla

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone? What if they call and your message gets erased?

Anyone? What if they call and your message gets erased?

I can't believe NYU HAS a WAITLIST???!!! Isn't their class like 10,000 ppl a year? Sorry, just had to crack on NYU. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
i still havent received a call...did u receive a call??? <~~sadipagla

Nah I haven't received anything yet. Looking at the other thread, someone got off the waiting list yesterday. So I guess they are still calling.

I got a call without an acceptance....... come on NYU

are u serious??! seriously why did they call u then????? to tell you u arent in??? i went today n they said the class is full, but they know couple of ppl are goin to drop...so they are goin to keep re reviewin the waitlist...wtf the numbers wont change...jus hand out the acceptances to us already!!!! :smuggrin:

i got an offer today from NYU....i was on the waitlist.

best of luck everyone :luck:

jb!:)

Did you get one by mail or phone?

are u serious??! seriously why did they call u then????? to tell you u arent in??? i went today n they said the class is full, but they know couple of ppl are goin to drop...so they are goin to keep re reviewin the waitlist...wtf the numbers wont change...jus hand out the acceptances to us already!!!! :smuggrin:

Think about it, if they can eliminate a big chunk who have plans on attending elsewhere, they can get the acceptances to those interested sooner. That was the optimistic answer. It also helps there numbers and egos if more people that receive acceptances go for it.

Think about it, if they can eliminate a big chunk who have plans on attending elsewhere, they can get the acceptances to those interested sooner. That was the optimistic answer. It also helps there numbers and egos if more people that receive acceptances go for it.

I'm a Master's student at the dental school and know the director and the dean personally...i have 5 LORS from NYUCD profs too...since i applid late, i only applied to NYU...and im stillllllllllllllllll waitlisted :( they def k now im interested but arent givin me crap!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted too and I got a call today saying I was IN!! It's a great relief. :D

the dean of admissions left a message on my phone.... i called back, but she left for the day.

Yeaaaa man! Im so happy for you! I remember back in the day when you we were still sutdying for the DAT last year. Now I need to get in somewhere lol.
You're definitely going right? If you dont here from our number one right?

Yeaaaa man! Im so happy for you! I remember back in the day when you we were still sutdying for the DAT last year. Now I need to get in somewhere lol.
You're definitely going right? If you dont here from our number one right?

thanks dude! well i was 100% sure i had an offer til i read the other guys post that said he got a call but it wasnt an offer, and now someone else got a call and it was an offer... so needless to say im kinda confused :confused: :confused: i'm going to call tomorrow to see what the deal is... but the way the dean made it sound was like i was in. we'll see.

i'm still waiting on Maryland and UF..... it sounds as if i got a good shot at maryland so that's why NYU is bittersweet b/c now I gotta cough up 2g's. but the more i think about NYU, the better its sounding. plus they just got a new dean...the guy that used to be the dean and UCSF. good things are a'happening at NYUUUUUU.... jb!:)

ps-best of luck to you!!....your offer is a phone call away :luck:

thanks dude! well i was 100% sure i had an offer til i read the other guys post that said he got a call but it wasnt an offer, and now someone else got a call and it was an offer... so needless to say im kinda confused :confused: :confused: i'm going to call tomorrow to see what the deal is... but the way the dean made it sound was like i was in. we'll see.

i'm still waiting on Maryland and UF..... it sounds as if i got a good shot at maryland so that's why NYU is bittersweet b/c now I gotta cough up 2g's. but the more i think about NYU, the better its sounding. plus they just got a new dean...the guy that used to be the dean and UCSF. good things are a'happening at NYUUUUUU.... jb!:)

Oh man. Call her again tomorrow ASAP and find out what's up... I'm hoping you got in.. keep us posted.

When the dean called she asked me if i was still interested in a spot on the wait list... and i was like of course. So, she was like well be in touch in the next few weeks. We need to wait for the mail to coem for spots to open up.

That was it :) That was a week ago.

Anyone else got a call recently or NYU is done with their waiting list for now?

I got a call from Dr. Mejia (don't know if the spelling is right) on Tuesday the 8th. I have been taken off the waitlist and plan on attending NYU. I didn't expect that to happen. So, for all that are on the waitlist, keep the faith.

SO??? Did you call? Please let it be good news - you totally deserve it!

i'm IN at NYUCD... :) called today and was told that they would like to make an offer....

so as of now, i'm NYUCD 2011 :)

good luck everyone..more spots will open soon.

i'm IN at NYUCD... :) called today and was told that they would like to make an offer....

CONGRATS! See ya in the fall!

Congrads! I actually got that call on april 27. This is how they do things. It is pretty late in the admissions process, therefore they dont want to accept someone who will deny the acceptance offer, so they call to keep possible candidates in mind and as soon as a spot opens up they send out the acceptance. The main question they ask is if you will be able to submit the deposit ASAP... if u want to get it tell her you'll sent it via express mail RIGHT NOW (or personally bring it it with in an hour - if u live in NYC - this is what i said)... Good luck everyone im sure much more spots are gonna open up soon...I know people that were accpeted after may 1 that are not gonna go... they're calling them as well to see if they wil attend....

Best of luck...

DO you guys know about what time they called you? Any advice or anything, please pm me!!

Update your predents.com profile!

i got in today too! :D Good luck everyone!

what if you paid out $2500 and then later get a call from UF or maryland that you are in...would you be okay with losing 2500?

....now i gotta overnight a $2500 deposit. OUCH!

what if you paid out $2500 and then later get a call from UF or maryland that you are in...would you be okay with losing 2500?

i'm more OK with that than playing roulette with my d-school seat...

Hello all,

Ive been interviewed for waitlist at NYU..

Ive also had an interview for Optometry at the Uni of Waterloo in Canada.

This is my problem.. i can see myself doing both, however dentistry would be way better clinically and optom a very easy profession to do.
Now it comes down to this. Optom will be 17 000 CAD a year and NYU dentistry 80 000 USD a year. Does anyone know how hard/easy the debts are paid off after becoming a dentist? And how much a regular dentist makes and how much one would make if he were to have an own practice?

I just want some opinions and stats if anyone has any to share. Thanks :)

Hello all,

Ive been interviewed for waitlist at NYU..

Ive also had an interview for Optometry at the Uni of Waterloo in Canada.

This is my problem.. i can see myself doing both, however dentistry would be way better clinically and optom a very easy profession to do.
Now it comes down to this. Optom will be 17 000 CAD a year and NYU dentistry 80 000 USD a year. Does anyone know how hard/easy the debts are paid off after becoming a dentist? And how much a regular dentist makes and how much one would make if he were to have an own practice?

I just want some opinions and stats if anyone has any to share. Thanks :)

When it comes to teeth versus eyes, the eyes have it. Just kidding. Do what you are more interested in. By the way, if you are a Canadian resident, does that automatically mean you would practice in Canada after your dental training in the US?

It doesn't make sense if jb doesn't get in anywhere. :laugh:

When it comes to teeth versus eyes, the eyes have it. Just kidding. Do what you are more interested in. By the way, if you are a Canadian resident, does that automatically mean you would practice in Canada after your dental training in the US?

Hey, no I could only practice in America then if i wanted to come back to Canada to practice (which i prolly wouldnt) would have to go thru hell passing more board exams. So the money really doesnt matter? 17 000 CAD vs 80 000 USD? I mean my parents are well off but how do you all plan to pay for your tuition? I mean 300 000 is like a 30 year mortgage payment.

So what does it mean when they call you and just ask you if you're still interested? Is it a good sign or are they doing it to everyone on the waitlist?

So what does it mean when they call you and just ask you if you're still interested? Is it a good sign or are they doing it to everyone on the waitlist?

it depends. they called and asked if i was still interested and it translated into an offer. someone else on here received a call and it wasn't an offer :eek:

ps- if you accept the phone offer, you will be overnighted an acceptance letter and will have to cough up $2500 within 24 hours :rolleyes:

Well, I told them I was still interested (the entire phone call lasted only a minute!) and basically all she asked was whether I'd be willing to make a $2500 deposit and then she said that I might get another call in a week. So is it really a week's time? Or longer? ...because I was thinking of reapplying, and I don't want to cough up money to give to AADSAS and let that all be a waste. :p

Does anyone know if NYU is full yet? Seems like they filled up the remaining of the class with wait list people?

Does anyone know if NYU is full yet? Seems like they filled up the remaining of the class with wait list people?

NYU has been full. The people accepted from the waitlist probably took the seat of someone that put a deposit down, but chose to go elsewhere.

best of luck, jb!:)

NYU has been full. The people accepted from the waitlist probably took the seat of someone that put a deposit down, but chose to go elsewhere.

best of luck, jb!:)

Hmmm, I dont think that is the case because i just got phone call around noon today and they asked if i am still interested in the school. So I think they are still calling ppl.

BTW since i have decided that i wont go to NYU so there should be more seats open.

Goodluck everyone!!:luck:

I recieved a message on my phone on the 11th stating if I was still interested (was on the waitlist) and if i was, would i be able to make a large deposit on a short notice. I called back, but the dean had left for the day. called back on the 14th (monday) and turned down the offer (attending elsewhere), apparently the email I sent several months ago didn't go through... anyway, there's another seat open for someone.... good luck!