NYU Waitlist 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
im lost - b/c i only applied to NYU and no other school do u thnk they didnt call me b/c they know i have no other option? man this sucks!!!! :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

:mad: i called yesterday - they said even after may 1 we gotta wait a couple of wks b/c they still give those students taht didnt responsd some time...wtf??!?!

Well, while we're waiting, it seems like people are being called off the waitlist, so umm, is anyone interested in buying the Brooklyn Bridge, heh because I'm beginning to wonder now! BE-DDS said he received a phone call, I think if you consider it, they're considering him / her and it definitely sounds like good news. I don't know, but if this is the case, kudos to BE-DDS. Hopefully the rest of us will be called soon!

dr. mejia called and said i could come off the waitlist, if i chose... i just have to let her know by friday... however, i will most likely be staying with usc. so, that'll help the waitlist move along. good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
sooooooooo how exactly are they ranking this damn waitlist!!!!!!! man my patience is jus about to come to an abrupt end...i wanna know wha the hek is goin on!

dr. mejia called and said i could come off the waitlist, if i chose... i just have to let her know by friday... however, i will most likely be staying with usc. so, that'll help the waitlist move along. good luck to everyone.

Thank you so much man, please if anyone else is in this situation and are set on somewhere else, please help myself & the others out, this school might be my only chance for dental school. :( Congrats again on everything

I had the same thing on Monday as Pauljeekim. Ms. Mejia called me and said she would send me an acceptance if I want it, I just have to let her know by Wednesday.

I turned it down for USC, so good luck to whomever gets my spot. (it was a tough decision).

thank uuu good luck at USC :)

Wow looks like NYU waiting list has started to move. When am I going to receive a call? :eek:

i went up there today and dr mejia said that they are goin to go through all the applications again on the waitlist...who knows anymore...im sick of thinkin bout it.....

Any idea who many seats are available??

Just turned down NYU. My bad guys for holdin the acceptance down to the wire but had many troubles deciding btwn there and USC. best of luck to those that are on the wait list! See ya at SC lava.

Just turned down NYU. My bad guys for holdin the acceptance down to the wire but had many troubles deciding btwn there and USC. best of luck to those that are on the wait list! See ya at SC lava.

Thanks so much. Better late than never. :)

Thank you so much man, because this is just the miracle that needs to keep happening for this list to move any further. Maybe the people coming off have incredibly high stats, who knows. Well, with more people like you, there might be a lot of happy people come May. Congrats and good luck at USC.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah, it was definitely a tough decision. Now it's time to start thinking about housing....

I am currently holding a spot at NYU, just sent in my second depost, but I am still waiting on two schools...so pray i get accepted so I can let one of you deserving waitlistees have my spot!! I wish you all the best and hope you get off the list...I know how it feels.

I am currently holding a spot at NYU, just sent in my second depost, but I am still waiting on two schools...so pray i get accepted so I can let one of you deserving waitlistees have my spot!! I wish you all the best and hope you get off the list...I know how it feels.

I am so praying for you, in fact, I do it almost every 5 minutes! :)
Good luck & keep us posted

I do hope you guys the best in getting off the waitlist. Just on a positive note, being on the waitlist for NYU counts as being on the waitlist for several schools, since NYU has such a large student population.

I do hope you guys the best in getting off the waitlist. Just on a positive note, being on the waitlist for NYU counts as being on the waitlist for several schools, since NYU has such a large student population.

Thanks DDSY for the warm wishes. I checked on predents and somebody recently got off with a very high 20, so my guess is, they're calling people with the high DAT's ex: 20-21+, and those people are more likely to have other offers as well. I'm still siding with the optimist in me that more seats will open up over the next few weeks. For those of you that declined your seats, you guys rock, the higher the turnover rate, the better our chances to get our one and only acceptance.

I've been following the thread rather closely as well. Karma has a strange way of finding those who want it the most. I'd be lying if I didn't have a bit of selfishness and competitiveness among those who're waiting ... but, good luck to you all.

I've been following the thread rather closely as well. Karma has a strange way of finding those who want it the most. I'd be lying if I didn't have a bit of selfishness and competitiveness among those who're waiting ... but, good luck to you all.

Good luck to you too & to all my fellow waitlistees, (NYU & every where else) in the struggle! Although the waitlist has over 200+ people, I would think that majority of the people on the list, especially people in the 20's have other / cheaper offers, which only helps our case more. Let's keep doing what we're doing and anyone accepted / waitlisted at NYU, let's continue keeping each other in the loop, so we can get a better gauge as things develop.

I actually recieved an answer this friday, I was on the waitlist and they told me that they've just started processing it... So much weight off my shoulders...

you got in off the NYU waitlist?

realistically....i wonder how many seats are open...they were still interviewin last friday yet callin ppl off the waitlist...and re reviewin the application on the waitlist...aren't they makin it harder than its supposed to b if you already got 200+ ppl on the list...deal w/ it and move on so the rest of us can too! :smuggrin:

realistically....i wonder how many seats are open...they were still interviewin last friday yet callin ppl off the waitlist...and re reviewin the application on the waitlist...aren't they makin it harder than its supposed to b if you already got 200+ ppl on the list...deal w/ it and move on so the rest of us can too! :smuggrin:

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about because they stopped interviewing in late March right after their spring break. And they seem to be just pulling poeple off the waitlist at this point...

NYU Called me. Wanted to see my interest in the wait list... Not sure why they called though.

NYU Called me. Wanted to see my interest in the wait list... Not sure why they called though.

Did they tell you that you can get into the class?
It seems that they are first calling people to confirm their interest in the school before offering them an acceptance into the class. (probably makes a difference for statistical purposes if they accept a bunch of people who decline)... They called me also, and I asked straight out, "do I have a shot at getting off the list?", and she said, "yes, we can take you off right now if you still want to come to our school."

Did they tell you that you can get into the class?
It seems that they are first calling people to confirm their interest in the school before offering them an acceptance into the class. (probably makes a difference for statistical purposes if they accept a bunch of people who decline)... They called me also, and I asked straight out, "do I have a shot at getting off the list?", and she said, "yes, we can take you off right now if you still want to come to our school."

And where are you planning to go? I'm hoping more seats will open up, ::sighs:: I'm still keeping my head up!

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about because they stopped interviewing in late March right after their spring break. And they seem to be just pulling poeple off the waitlist at this point...

I walked in last friday morning b/c im doing my masters at the dental school and saw interviewees on the chairs in the office...dr mejia confirmed also..they are still intervieiwin, re reviewing the waitlist, and accepting ppl off the waitlist all at the same time....

so are u attending NYU or are you goin somewhere else???

I didnt ask if I could get off the list... I told them that I absolutely want to stay on the list. (am very interested)..,. and i asked where i rank... and she said to call back in a few weeks after they get deposits from more people.

I didnt ask if I could get off the list... I told them that I absolutely want to stay on the list. (am very interested)..,. and i asked where i rank... and she said to call back in a few weeks after they get deposits from more people.

When people say "get off the list," they are talking about being bumped onto the accepted list, and getting off the waitlist, not withdrawing their application. Hopefully you are taken off the list in the right direction:)

Just wait for that call. They called me on tuesday and i got an answer on friday...Good luck everyone!

it means that they want to know if you are going there
that is if you pay the second deposit in May, then they know for sure that you are going and they hold that spot for you till school opens

when they ask something like this, say that you can put the deposit down NOW. they called to ask if you're serious or not.

Those who got calls, did you guys get an acceptance package in the mail?

I just withdrew my application, there is one more spot for you guys

good luck, I had a blast during second-look weekend!

I think this guy thinks this is the med school NYU..not the dental...check his previous posts...they are all med. school related....

I think this guy thinks this is the med school NYU..not the dental...check his previous posts...they are all med. school related....

I don't find this amusing one bit!

lol- whoops, I did a search for NYU waitlist and didn't read the forums

my fault - editing posts

For all of you on the waitlist, and not only NYU, (well, NYU & Columbia for me), feel free to join me as we're holding a candlelight vigil on SDN tonight from 8pm on, I'm praying very hard more seats will open up and for a miracle to happen sometime this month as it is much easier to get off the waitlist in May than afterwards. Good luck guys and let's keep each other posted on any new occurrences.

I'm with you speeddater! God has a place for us somewhere, sometime. We just have to wait and find out.

I'm with you speeddater! God has a place for us somewhere, sometime. We just have to wait and find out.

Yeah starfishbear, he sure does. Hang in there bro, its only a matter of time before we get some lovin' too. By the way, any luck with the Tufts waitlist. I'm not on it, but I read in one of your posts about you getting off the waitlist. I think somebody might have dropped, so you might have a chance there as well.

For the rest of my waitlist family, this is the month & the big push, so I'm still hoping & praying more people follow Shamrock2006, SheGotGame & the other's examples and we'll be straight. Good luck guys, & continue to keep us updated on what is going on so we'll get a better gauge for things.

Keep positive, guys. I'm hoping that a number of you will get a big happy surprise:thumbup:

Anyone else got a call recently or NYU is done with their waiting list for now?