NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothdds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am thinking about applying to NYU this upcoming cycle, but does NYU have cuts every year? So if you get accepted are you not guaranteed to graduate and become a dentist?

Thank you and any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

If you are accepted and do well you will graduate. If you start failing classes over and over again, yes you will end up getting kicked out like every other school.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I mean, nobody will graduate with straight F's. It is in every school's interest to want to graduate 100% of their class. The only reason they wouldn't is if there is significant concern about graduating a student-ie they fail more than an acceptable amount of courses. No school intentionally sets the bar so that a certain percentage of students will fail regardless of academic performance. In regards to NYU, like most schools, students remediate courses they fail; if they fail the remediation, they will have to repeat the year. I believe there is a limit to the number of allowable remediations.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you all for responding. But then why do you think NYU accepts such a large class? And is the class split up into smaller groups for clinic and sim lab?

Thank you all for responding. But then why do you think NYU accepts such a large class? And is the class split up into smaller groups for clinic and sim lab?

$$$

Reactions: 4 users
The class is split in two groups: A and B.

As another poster on here put it, NYU is a bunch of money grabbing freaks.

It's a myth that NYU fails lots of its students.

The truth is there are always students who fail the first year at every dental and medical school, or decide its not for them. There aren't more people failing at NYU than other schools.

If you fail a class, they give you plenty of second chances. A private school has no incentive to kick out students. They want you to succeed and graduate.

Also for sim lab - on tour there I believe they said that they split the class into groups of 60.

Reactions: 2 users
It's a myth that NYU fails lots of its students.

The truth is there are always students who fail the first year at every dental and medical school, or decide its not for them. There aren't more people failing at NYU than other schools.

If you fail a class, they give you plenty of second chances. A private school has no incentive to kick out students. They want you to succeed and graduate.

Also for sim lab - on tour there I believe they said that they split the class into groups of 60.

Thank you so much for your response and info about sim lab!

I think it goes without saying, if you work hard you will succeed unless your professors are a bunch of physchos who are there to get you.

The more the merrier