This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

freeapple123

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I am currently going into my last year of my undergraduate in biology/ psychology. I had originally wanted to go into medicine and pursue ophthalmology; however, I do not see myself in school for that long. I had been prepping for my MCAT all summer and have had a change of heart and want go to into optometry instead. My MCAT is on August 15th and was wondering if I should even write it?

If I do write the OAT, does the ExamKrackers books suffice? Or should I get an actual OAT prep book? Would it be too late to apply for the class of 2024 if I write my OAT sometime in September or October?

Some insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks 🙂