OAT registration

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

S

Smorr18

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to take the OAT next August or fall. Can I register to have it taken then? Is the test given online? How far in advance should I register? Thanks for your replies!

Members don't see this ad.

Smorr18 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to take the OAT next August or fall. Can I register to have it taken then? Is the test given online? How far in advance should I register? Thanks for your replies!

First off, check out www.opted.org for the "official" source of info on the OAT. Second, you may find more answers in the OAT forum, as opposed to the Optometry forum.

I think you can fill out the application to take the OAT now, and then schedule it whenever you want. I'm not sure how long the registration is good for, ie. if you register in January and want to take it the next January, I'm not sure if it "runs out".

As to how far in advance you should register depends on what testing center you will be testing at. If you are in an area where the Prometric testing center is really busy, then you'll want to register early enough to guarantee you get the date and time that you want. I registered about 2 months before I took the actual test.

The test isn't given online. It is on a computer, but you have to go to the actual testing center and take it there in a controlled environment.