OC/LA Groups (Sanitized Version)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

likewhatevs

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read True-Dat's reviews of Riverside County anesthesia groups with great interest. I thank him (or her) for his review.

I figure I'd follow his lead--though I don't worry about being found out, so I'll give you the straight dope without fear. I moved to Southern California late in my career, and couldn't find any reliable info on individual groups. Some sucked in a fashion I wouldn't have believed possible--many of them are still (years later) running the same pleading ads on Gaswork. Anybody with even a whiff of local knowledge knows better than to waste with the bottom two-thirds of these groups. But there are sure to be other outsiders who might find these reviews helpful. This is, obviously, not a complete list. Feel free to add insight about these and other groups.

In general order, starting with the very worst:

IAMG (Grade IV Mets All Over)

These guys suck. They suck. And I mean suck. They aren't exactly a group, but more like a management company for the anesthesia groups at Prime Healthcare facilities, which all criminally suck. In addition to being dishonest and unscrupulous, they also have terrible contracts and no stipends. This is where only unemployable end up. They also recruit via PacificHealthWorks and New Venture, using recruiters that won't tell you unit values or monthly generation. On the (very limited) brightside, I don't think they employ CRNAs.

Orange Coast Anesthesia (Orange County Global Medical Center, and also in Glendale and Victor Valley)

These guys suck even harder than IAMG, but their hospitals aren't quite as awful as Prime Hospitals. The president is an arrogant horse's @$$. He has a fast-talking toadie who is almost as loathsome.
Their pay is almost as bad as Fountain Valley, and yet their ads act like they are a picky group. They are not. They are desperate. Don't bother with them.

They excel in the "Bait and Switch." They run ads for "great location outside LA" or "Southwest OC," utilizing at least three different accounts on Gaswork. They will even invite you to an interview at their "flagship" hospital, Orange County Global Medical Center, even though the job they have been trying to fill for at least the last two years is outside of Victorville. In their ads they claim to be the premiere private practice group in Orange County. That is not possibly the case, though it does tell me that they are only trying to recruit people who are moving to Southern California without knowing anybody or anything. Do not be fooled.

May, 2020 Edit: Orange Coast Anesthesia is a different (and worse) group than the group which works at Orange Coast MemorialCare Medical Center. Elsewhere you will read that the group that works at Orange Coast MemorialCare is a decent group. I don't doubt it.

Century Anesthesia Medical Group (Encino, Glendale, Little Armenia)

This isn't a group. It's one guy (an unimpressive DO) who has a patchwork of shi++y contracts to cover shi++y extra rooms in and around Encino and Glendale. Don't waste your time. He cuts a huge management fee off the top of what are shi++y days with shi++y payors.

Envision (Grade IV Mets All Over)

Or Emcare. Or Sheridan. Or TIVA. Or Vista. Or whatever they will call themselves tomorrow. I give this outfit maybe five more years. They are continually on the run from their terrible reputation, as they shuffle their terrible hacks from one dismal failure of an anesthetic department to the next, like desperate dioceses trying to trade away their hot potato pedophiles. There are undoubtedly some decent (maybe even honest) schmucks caught up in the middle of their little shell game, but there's no way to overcome the corporate greed, incompetence, and inefficiency.

Bay City Pain (Beverly Hills)

Cobbled together from some of the more business-savvy remnants of Cedar, these guys seem smart enough to realize there are some incredibly unsophisticated anesthesiologists hungry for work who will agree to work for $28/unit. If somehow you can make ends meet for $28/unit, working for these guys may be less bad than working for St. Vincent.

Fountain Valley (aka PCAMG aka FVAMA aka Premiercare) Fountain Valley Regional Hospital

The worst pay in all of Orange County--if not North America--is Fountain Valley. They were friendly enough and seemed to be busy enough, but their blended unit was between Medicaid and Medicare rates--$18 or $19, as though that difference even matters. There is no reason to think they are shady or dishonest, just working with a disadvantaged payor mix. A simple Google search proves they operate under three different business names, which is, umm, odd.

St. Vincent Anesthesia Medical Group (San Gabriel/Coast Plaza/East LA...maybe others)

Honest and to the point. Transparent, but hardly stable. They seem to be where lots of young graduates start before they get called up to Kaiser. Recently lost one of their bigger (and better) hospitals--Lakewood--to Envision. They offer new hires $27/unit. I didn't bother asking what they pay partners, because $27/unit didn't interest me. YMMV.

May 2020 update: They are out of business.

Allied Anesthesia (Fullerton, Irvine, Upland, San Antonio, Apple Valley, Victorville)
Not exactly one "group," these guys have better hospitals and worse hospitals. Their flagship hospital is St. Joseph Hospital in Orange, though most of those guys also cover St. Jude's in Fullerton (and one spot in a not-quite-a-hospital in Placentia); and their network extends into Pomona, Apple Valley, and Upland. The group has a bias against CRNAs and AMCs, which makes them attractive (to me, anyway). However, they are suffering from growing pains as the better hospitals are tired of keeping the worse hospitals afloat. "Growing pains," of course, is a good problem to have. Unfortunately, their growth over the last few years has been into hospitals (more call, more Medicaid) and away from surgical centers (stable, privately insured cases M-F).

Almost every anesthesiologist (or surgeon) you will meet in Orange County has a horror story to tell about Allied. It might just be their size, of course.

Verduga Hills Anesthesia Group (VHAG)

Cool little hospital in a cool little setting with super nice anesthesiologists, but below average caseload/unit value in a hospital with an unsure future. A recent branding arrangement with Keck has kept the hospital from being purchased by bottom-feeding Prem Reddy, but you should know that when Prem Reddy is a possible suitor, things are bad.

Landmark (St. Francis, DTLA)

Upfront. Honest. Busy. Disadvantaged patient population. Hospital was recently sold, is currently bankrupt, and has just sold again, this time to KPC. I am speculating here, but I bet that Orange Coast (who serves other KPC hospitals) is going to try to absorb Landmark. If so, that's a hard pass. If Landmark is able to stay independent (a big IF) and negotiate a generous stipend from the new owners (an even bigger IF), it might be worth a look, but I would not hold my breath.

City of Hope (Duarte)

The president of this group had to step down for billing fraud. If that's the extent of the damage, the remaining corps might survive as an above-average group. As of this writing, it's too early to tell. Nobody needs to think that only the president was committing fraud, after all. City of Hope is unusual in that anesthesiologists are invited to join the City of Hope Medical Foundation.

Baldwin Park SCPMG (Kaiser)

Only on this because they are a physician-only anesthesia department, which is unique for a Kaiser Permanente Hospital. Other than that, I know nothing. I've met a handful of their stringers, who seem to think it is the best Kaiser has to offer. More than one has expressed to me that they prefer hiring females who have no aspirations to be anything other than per diem workers. They hire exclusively through a 6+ year per diem track. They pay their per diem workers only $150/hr.

Samaritan Anesthesia Medical Group (DTLA)

Busy. By no means a racially diverse group. I'm not saying that the group actively discriminates against Indians and Europeans, just that the group is homogenous. Good Samaritan is an older hospital in downtown LA that gets a wide range of patients from all over the globe--plenty of uninsured/indigent, a few cash-paying millionaires from the far East, and an occasional near-celebrity. They also have a sparkling new outpatient surgical center. I heard--but can't confirm--that they recently added independent CRNAs. Take that for what you will. I think they are a training hospital for surgical specialties. (That should be easy to confirm, if it matters to anybody.)

Buena Vista Anesthesia Medical Group BVAMG (Holy Cross Burbank, Holy Cross Valencia)

This seems to be the place to go if you are Eastern European. Transparent. Collegial. Equal access to cases. They cover two hospitals. Five year partnership track. Blended units that bump up once or twice in value before partnership. Weekend and evening units pay a premium versus weekday units.

Bayside Anesthesia Medical Group BAMG (Providence St. John's Santa Monica)

The partners here have it pretty sweet because they are skimming plenty from the non-partners. They recruit via a 3-year 1099 pre-employee track, then still another two years as employee (what they call "junior partner") before partnership. The group must be desirable to make those kinds of demands. I wasn't going to slum for five years enriching older partners at this point in my career, but I know you could do much worse right out of training. They pay more per hour than Kaiser, but when the hourly rate didn't start with a "2," I lost interest. Again, if I were just out of training and had to look for jobs from Gaswork, this would be on the short list.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 users
I read True-Dat's reviews of Riverside County anesthesia groups with great interest. I thank him (or her) for his review.

I figure I'd follow his lead--though I don't worry about being found out, so I'll give you the straight dope without fear. I moved to Southern California late in my career, and couldn't find any reliable info on individual groups. Some sucked in a fashion I wouldn't have believed possible--many of them are still (years later) running the same pleading ads on Gaswork. Anybody with even a whiff of local knowledge knows better than to waste with the bottom two-thirds of these groups. But there are sure to be other outsiders who might find these reviews helpful. This is, obviously, not a complete list. Feel free to add insight about these and other groups.

These guys suck. They suck. And I mean suck. They aren't exactly a group, but more like a management company for the anesthesia groups at Prime Healthcare facilities, which all criminally suck. In addition to being dishonest and unscrupulous, they also have terrible contracts and no stipends. This is where only unemployable end up. They also recruit via PacificHealthWorks and New Venture, using recruiters that won't tell you unit values or monthly generation. On the (very limited) brightside, I don't think they employ CRNAs.

Orange Coast

These guys suck even harder than IAMG, but their hospitals aren't quite as awful as Prime Hospitals. The president is an arrogant horse's @$$. He has a fast-talking toadie who is almost as loathsome.
Their pay is almost as bad as Fountain Valley, and yet their ads act like they are a picky group. They are not. They are desperate. Don't bother with them.

They excel in the "Bait and Switch." They run ads for "great location outside LA" or "Southwest OC," utilizing at least three different accounts on Gaswork. They will even invite you to an interview at their "flagship" hospital, Orange County Global Medical Center, even though the job they have been trying to fill for at least the last two years is outside of Victorville. In their ads they claim to be the premiere private practice group in Orange County. That is not possibly the case, though it does tell me that they are only trying to recruit people who are moving to Southern California without knowing anybody or anything. Do not be fooled.

This isn't a group. It's one guy (an unimpressive DO) who has a patchwork of shi++y contracts to cover shi++y extra rooms in and around Encino and Glendale. Don't waste your time. He cuts a huge management fee off the top of what are shi++y days with shi++y payors.

Or Emcare. Or Sheridan. Or TIVA. Or Vista. Or whatever they will call themselves tomorrow. I give this outfit maybe five more years. They are continually on the run from their terrible reputation, as they shuffle their terrible hacks from one dismal failure of an anesthetic department to the next, like desperate dioceses trying to trade away their hot potato pedophiles. There are undoubtedly some decent (maybe even honest) schmucks caught up in the middle of their little shell game, but there's no way to overcome the corporate greed, incompetence, and inefficiency.

Cobbled together from some of the more business-savvy remnants of Cedar, these guys seem smart enough to realize there are some incredibly unsophisticated anesthesiologists hungry for work who will agree to work for $28/unit. If somehow you can make ends meet for $28/unit, working for these guys may be less bad than working for St. Vincent.

Fountain Valley (aka PCAMG aka FVAMA aka Premiercare) Fountain Valley Regional Hospital

The worst pay in all of Orange County--if not North America--is Fountain Valley. They were friendly enough and seemed to be busy enough, but their blended unit was between Medicaid and Medicare rates--$18 or $19, as though that difference even matters. There is no reason to think they are shady or dishonest, just working with a disadvantaged payor mix. A simple Google search proves they operate under three different business names, which is, umm, odd.

St. Vincent Anesthesia Medical Group (San Gabriel/Coast Plaza/East LA...maybe others)

Honest and to the point. Transparent, but hardly stable. They seem to be where lots of young graduates start before they get called up to Kaiser. Recently lost one of their bigger (and better) hospitals--Lakewood--to Envision. They offer new hires $27/unit. I didn't bother asking what they pay partners, because $27/unit didn't interest me. YMMV.

Cool little hospital in a cool little setting with super nice anesthesiologists, but below average caseload/unit value in a hospital with an unsure future. A recent branding arrangement with Keck has kept the hospital from being purchased by bottom-feeding Prem Reddy, but you should know that when Prem Reddy is a possible suitor, things are bad.

Upfront. Honest. Busy. Disadvantaged patient population. Hospital was recently sold, is currently bankrupt, and has just sold again, this time to KPC. I am speculating here, but I bet that Orange Coast (who serves other KPC hospitals) is going to try to absorb Landmark. If so, that's a hard pass. If Landmark is able to stay independent (a big IF) and negotiate a generous stipend from the new owners (an even bigger IF), it might be worth a look, but I would not hold my breath.

City of Hope (Duarte)

The president of this group had to step down for billing fraud. If that's the extent of the damage, the remaining corps might survive as an above-average group. As of this writing, it's too early to tell. Nobody needs to think that only the president was committing fraud, after all. City of Hope is unusual in that anesthesiologists are invited to join the City of Hope Medical Foundation.

Only on this because they are a physician-only anesthesia department, which is unique for a Kaiser Permanente Hospital. Other than that, I know nothing. I've met a handful of their stringers, who seem to think it is the best Kaiser has to offer. More than one has expressed to me that they prefer hiring females who have no aspirations to be anything other than per diem workers. They hire exclusively through a 6+ year per diem track. They pay their per diem workers only $150/hr.

Busy. By no means a racially diverse group. I'm not saying that the group actively discriminates against Indians and Europeans, just that the group is homogenous. Good Samaritan is an older hospital in downtown LA that gets a wide range of patients from all over the globe--plenty of uninsured/indigent, a few cash-paying millionaires from the far East, and an occasional near-celebrity. They also have a sparkling new outpatient surgical center. I heard--but can't confirm--that they recently added independent CRNAs. Take that for what you will. I think they are a training hospital for surgical specialties. (That should be easy to confirm, if it matters to anybody.)

Buena Vista Anesthesia Medical Group BVAMG (Holy Cross Burbank, Holy Cross Valencia)

This seems to be the place to go if you are Eastern European. Transparent. Collegial. Equal access to cases. They cover two hospitals. Five year partnership track. Blended units that bump up once or twice in value before partnership. Weekend and evening units pay a premium versus weekday units.

The partners here have it pretty sweet because they are skimming plenty from the non-partners. They recruit via a 3-year 1099 pre-employee track, then still another two years as employee (what they call "junior partner") before partnership. The group must be desirable to make those kinds of demands. I wasn't going to slum for five years enriching older partners at this point in my career, but I know you could do much worse right out of training. They pay more per hour than Kaiser, but when the hourly rate didn't start with a "2," I lost interest. Again, if I were just out of training and had to look for jobs from Gaswork, this would be on the short list.

Allied Anesthesia (Fullerton, Irvine, Upland, San Antonio, Apple Valley, Victorville)
Probably the best group, though they have better hospitals and worse hospitals. They started in the high desert and San Bernadino county, but are moving into Orange County. The group has a bias against CRNAs and AMCs, which makes them attractive (to me, anyway). However, they are suffering from growing pains as the better hospitals are tired of keeping the worse hospitals afloat. "Growing pains," of course, is a good problem to have.

Reactions: 1 users
Impressively thorough, you’ll probably get some hate or even have the thread deleted outright (didn’t it already happen once?). I’d ask the mods to leave this up, consider moving it to the private forum or suggest changes if there are concerns with it.

For completion, anyone have any thoughts on the academic groups in town? Like USC, UCLA, etc...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Orange Coast

City of Hope (Duarte)

Probably the best group, though they have better hospitals and worse hospitals. They started in the high desert and San Bernadino county, but are moving into Orange County. The group has a bias against CRNAs and AMCs, which makes them attractive (to me, anyway). However, they are suffering from growing pains as the better hospitals are tired of keeping the worse hospitals afloat. "Growing pains," of course, is a good problem to have.

Careful with Allied. They shut down their partner track 5-6 years ago and now just hire employees. I talked to them as a CA-3 and it was the sleaziest/cagiest conversation I’ve ever had. Took everything in me not to hang up on the guy. The fact that you found them to be the best is frightening as to what crap is truely out there.

Moral of the story is, don’t move to SoCal if you have no prior connections. The real quality groups cherry pick the rockstars from the good local programs, and everyone else gets to fight over the scraps posted above. If you must come in blind, ASMG is probably your best bet. They regularly hire people from all over just due to their sheer size. And, although they have their issues, they are lightyears better that the pile of mule feces posted above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 users
There is one group in LA with about 15% Medicaid pays a grand total of 30$/units ( base+ bonus). Talk about greediness.

Careful with Allied. They shut down their partner track 5-6 years ago and now just hire employees. I talked to them as a CA-3 and it was the sleaziest/cagiest conversation I’ve ever had. Took everything in me not to hang up on the guy. The fact that you found them to be the best is frightening as to what crap is truely out there.

Moral of the story is, don’t move to SoCal if you have no prior connections. The real quality groups cherry pick the rockstars from the good local programs, and everyone else gets to fight over the scraps posted above. If you must come in blind, ASMG is probably your best bet. They regularly hire people from all over just due to their sheer size. And, although they have their issues, they are lightyears better that the pile of mule feces posted above.

Allied is definitely no bueno. Like SaltyDog said, they have only been hiring employees for the last 5+ years. As a result, they have had a lot of turnover. Even their oldest employees are leaving after sticking it out with them for years hoping things might change...It's an eat what you kill model with unfair scheduling (employees aren't assigned to all call spots like the partners). This obviously creates a toxic environment where partners take full advantage of the employees (regularly dishing off weekend calls to employees and calling in unscheduled employees to relieve them in the afternoon after a bulk of the partners units are collected)...

Reactions: 1 user

Orange Coast

City of Hope (Duarte)

A very accurate observation and comparison. All new grads must read and be very careful with what they may end up! SoCal is not as great as it sounds...These shady groups mentioned here are like real traps. You get in and you're screwed for next few years of your productive life.

How can we read the unsanitized version? I would love to see a collection of similar information for other regions as well.

This is a reminder of what a minefield of **** jobs exist out there. Most people will land on at least one or two before settling into something somewhat sustainable. All while cynicism within the profession grows because you can only remain optimistic for so long while you are being stabbed in the eye. Keep your expenses low and your options open.

What are the quality groups in SoCal? According to OP, they all suck

That's because he didn't train here and doesn't have an in with the quality groups as I alluded to in my first post. I'm hesitant to publicly post the quality groups in order to avoid an influx of unwanted CV's. You don't find us, we find you.

If you are genuinely interested in a particular locale, I can shed a little light via PM.

Reactions: 3 users
It was basically the same only a good bit more racist.
If the OP is describing what he/she sees about certain group’s exclusion of other races, is that really racist?

Undiplomatic? Heck yes. But racist.....?

Sounds like said groups are practicing racism should what’s posted here be true. Not the OP calling them out on it.

If the OP is describing what he/she sees about certain group’s exclusion of other races, is that really racist?

Undiplomatic? Heck yes. But racist.....?

Sounds like said groups are practicing racism should what’s posted here be true. Not the OP calling them out on it.

Good God you’re insufferable. The original post was deleted for pretty racially charged comments. That’s all I was saying. I have no idea if the OP is actually a racist, but I honestly doubt he is.

Now, on a side note, anyone have any good black jokes??

Reactions: 2 users
Good God you’re insufferable. The original post was deleted for pretty racially charged comments. That’s all I was saying. I have no idea if the OP is actually a racist, but I honestly doubt he is.

Now, on a side note, anyone have any good black jokes??
Thank you.

Well then say it that way not that the post was racist.

No, I don’t play the black jokes with people who aren’t black. It goes down a slippery slope. But maybe you can call on other black folk to entertain you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you.

Well then say it that way not that the post was racist.

No, I don’t play the black jokes with people who aren’t black. It goes down a slippery slope. But maybe you can call on other black folk to entertain you.

Ok fine. Got any good Mexican jokes??

OP is mostly correct!

My brother and 3 friends are each at 4 of those practices mentioned above.

There are plus and minus of each place

They have all been there 10 plus years. So it’s not all bad if they stay there that long. Most income ranges from 350-500k. The ones making less work less. Pretty standard stuff.

No easy money these days. Gone are the days of the Cesars Sinai ob only anesthesia guys making 1 million plus. Those were the good days.

You live right next to Mexico. I am sure you can find some Mexicans without much to do who can keep you entertained.
Yeah.. Ok.

Tough crowd. Asian jokes???

PS: I married a Mexican, so technically I’m allowed to tell Hispanic jokes.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
OP is mostly correct!

My brother and 3 friends are each at 4 of those practices mentioned above.

There are plus and minus of each place

They have all been there 10 plus years. So it’s not all bad if they stay there that long. Most income ranges from 350-500k. The ones making less work less. Pretty standard stuff.

No easy money these days. Gone are the days of the Cesars Sinai ob only anesthesia guys making 1 million plus. Those were the good days.
Maybe they are the senior partners and do well, which is the case for Bayside, Allied, and probably Kaiser per this thread.

Orange Coast

City of Hope (Duarte)

Oh man there are some gems in here.....but I also read no lies. The Samaritan and Baldwin Park were the most interesting parts, to me at least.

There are some horrible jobs and some shamefully low incomes listed there. The sun tax isn’t worth that much.
Go work somewhere else, make twice as much and buy your ocean view townhouse after retiring early. That’s my recommendation if you can’t get into a good SoCal group.
I know a guy that worked at a horrible inner city hospital, made good coin, and just retired with a massive pension. ****ty unit values shouldn’t mean long hours and poverty. F that. He can get his La Jolla Ocean View cottage now.

Not making quite a milli but they do solely OB and have it VERY good.

And they give the new grads poor insurance mix. Medi-cal indigent etc. my friend left there pretty quickly a few years back.

Ob anesthesia is extremely lucrative with the right payor mix. My wife on anesthesia payment to anesthesia group in Florida was a whopping $2100 (the actual payment) for epidural and elective c section. The first pregnancy PAYMENT (the super bill was $5100) was $4100 to anesthesia group for epidural x 10 hours labor plus c/s.

Ob anesthesia sucks with Medicaid payor mix though.

All a scam at most of the private places. Blended unit the most fair system.

Anyone have any insight into Torrance Anesthesia Medical Group, Mission Anesthesia Consultants (Mission Viejo), or Newport Harbor Anesthesia Consultants (Hoag)?

Mission Anesthesia Consultants is a premier group.

Orange Coast

City of Hope (Duarte)

Just came across this post. I'll add that I concur with at least IAMG, who offered me $25k/month, 4 weeks vacation/yr on a 1099 basis just a few years ago. That's $275k/yr. Oh man, I was so clueless fresh out of training and had no idea if that was a good pay or not. Thankfully didn't take the job.

Also applied to Orange Coast. No response at all. Then out of the blue more than a YEAR after I applied they invited me for interview. Rude.

Thanks to OP for posting. It really helps the outsiders.

Seems like SoCal pays much less than NorCal

So if only straight garbage exists, is there anything actually worth looking at in LA county? No one has mentioned anything about Torrance anesthesia medical group. How much do they pay, and are they selective?
Is it hard to get that minimum-wage-paying Kaiser Baldwin job? Or no?
How much do academic jobs pay in LA? Is it tough to get a job at UCLA with no fellowship?

So if only straight garbage exists, is there anything actually worth looking at in LA county?

Of course there is. But, if you don’t already know who they are and they aren’t looking for you, you’re pretty much SOL.

TAMG is worth a look, but I don’t have details for you.

and are they selective?

Any god job is going to be selective. Especially in a highly desirable location.

Of course there is. But, if you don’t already know who they are and they aren’t looking for you, you’re pretty much SOL.

TAMG is worth a look, but I don’t have details for you.

Any god job is going to be selective. Especially in a highly desirable location.

Lets say i have zero chance, but just out of curiosity, who are these elusive groups?

Also, somehow i get the general sense that working in academia seems better in this geographic locale, but it would help if i had some salary numbers. It seems like if you work for kaiser, nurses are your boss. And the private practices that aren’t shady dont advertise anything at all.

Also, somehow i get the general sense that working in academia seems better in this geographic locale, but it would help if i had some salary numbers. It seems like if you work for kaiser, nurses are your boss. And the private practices that aren’t shady dont advertise anything at all.

Don’t go academic unless you want to teach/research. Keep in mind lotsa people wanna live in LA, so academics can be picky and don’t have to pay much. UC salary is public info that you can find on the interwebs.

Anyone have further info on LA proper?

anyone wants to comment on OCA and Napa? Just heard.....

From a quick google search.

Also from a google search I found out we missed out on the NAPA AirPods Sweepstakes.

From a quick google search.

Also from a google search I found out we missed out on the NAPA AirPods Sweepstakes.

That was I first “heard” it. Their own press release. Wanted to see if anyone has more inside scoop.

I hope at least it was the AirPod 2, maybe even wireless charging ? ;)

When I interviewed there, they’re rapidly expanding. They acquired multiple contracts from different hospitals (probably by undercutting them) even tho they can’t adequately staff them (They always have ads on gasworks). Now I know their end game, to sell these groups for big $$$.

When I interviewed there, they’re rapidly expanding. They acquired multiple contracts from different hospitals (probably by undercutting them) even tho they can’t adequately staff them (They always have ads on gasworks). Now I know their end game, to sell these groups for big $$$.

Probably not big$$$

Just adding some information that I know in Italics

This is the anesthesia group part of Primm Reddy or his brother in-law, Mission, Lakewood (MAC now), Centinella, Olympia, they use an internal billing company that they market as external for fictitious transparency, reimbursement is not based on standard ASA but on a modified ASA billing system that reduces units for all procedures in order to advertise a higher unit rate, they go by various names Prime, Point, P-something, they will sue for loss of damages if you breach the contract, they use CRNAs and out-of state new grads and then lock them in, do not sign contract, if they make a mistake in billing they will not pay you the corrected amount. If you signed a contract, they are always in breach bc of the modified ASA payment system, that they do not explicitly disclose in contract.

Orange Coast

Takes 15% as administrative fee on the P-network.

Billing is transparent, they will correct underpayment, but negotiate your sign on rate or your work duties, bc if they need bodies they will pay a higher rate and modify the contract on anniversary date, modified unit rates disclose, paid for every 10 min after a certain hour/time.

Hospital and group went belly up 2020, RIP.

Based on W2 model without benefits, except 401k, floating unit rate based on 3 months prior collection, lacks transparency as to what is collected, taken as administrative, and what is skimmed off the top.

City of Hope (Duarte)

Agree with other post, nurses are your boss-they have a union, and physicians can't strike, at certain Kaisers expect to be treated as a physician equivalent=physician/transporter, many unionized people standing around holding up a wall, LA-nurses will not assist in transport but will sometimes get their assistant to assist you.

They use CRNAs bc reimubrsement too low in OB, OR is MD, run K-mafia style, or old-partnership style, double check your 1099, K-network, non-transparent, revolving door model-sometimes as rapid as 1 pay cycle.

High integrity group with transparency and equalization measures for late hours, call difficulty etc., expect to work.

Promised partnership merry-go-round.

[/QUOTE]