OChem lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepa100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my situation.
I am accepted into 2 DO schools, both of which require 2 cr. of OChem lab.
I am interviewing at 2 DO schools this month, both of which do not require 2 credits of OChem lab due to other course work I already completed.

My school offers 6 cr. of OChem course work, which I have already completed and 4 cr. of lab, which I am registered for this Spring.

I got rejected from 5 out 21 MD schools and on hold in one. I have not heard back from the rest.

I know, typically 8 cr. of OChem with lab is required for most med schools.

I will know by the end of Jan. if I got in at the 2 DO schools which did not require these lab credits. If I decide to go to either one of these schools, should I still do the lab? I guess what I am asking is - what is the likelihood that I would get an MD interview after Jan 09?

Members don't see this ad.

Never assume you are going to get accepted. Right now you have two acceptances, both of which require an ochem lab that you do not have complete (at least thats what i gathered, your wording was kind of confusing. you are registered to take those labs this spring, right?). Thats all that matters. I think you have to take the ochem lab. If you get get rejected from your two other DO interviews, and get no love from MD schools....you are screwed.

Never assume you are going to get accepted. Right now you have two acceptances, both of which require an ochem lab that you do not have complete. Thats all that matters. I think you have to take the ochem lab. If you get get rejected from your two other DO interviews, and get no love from MD schools....you are screwed.

Agreed. But, I will know from DMU and LECOM-B by the time I start the lab and I will have time to drop it if I want to. So, it will come down to the MD schools then.
Thanks for your reply.

since you will be hearing by the end of january, register for it and drop it if you get in