October, November, December II's

Started by whatsupdr
Tags Tags
interviews
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

whatsupdr

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you still waiting for II's. This could be helpful to see daily what school are sending out II's. I honestly hate searching through 28 schools to see if II's came out that day..So when you get a new II please post!! Kinda gives us hope!!
Thanks!!
 
This is vastly more inefficient than the system you think is inefficient. What you will now get is information for all 140+ schools, ~110 of which are irrelevant to you and most applicants.

Every single school is still sending IIs. Have some patience. If you're gonna get one, you'll get one. If you're not, no live stream feed of II notifications intel is gonna get you one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is vastly more inefficient than the system you think is inefficient. What you will now get is information for all 140+ schools, ~110 of which are irrelevant to you and most applicants.

Every single school is still sending IIs. Have some patience. If you're gonna get one, you'll get one. If you're not, no live stream feed of II notifications intel is gonna get you one.
With all due respect when you are sitting with a 37 MCAT its alot different than people who have a 29- 35 MCAT. They care.
 
With all due respect when you are sitting with a 37 MCAT its alot different than people who have a 29- 35 MCAT. They care.
Huh? That doesn't have anything to do with this. You are making an efficiency argument, saying that checking all the school-specific threads is annoying. Having one thread for all 140+ schools makes the problem even worse. Sure, it's a one stop shop now, but the probability that the information is irrelevant to the audience looking for updates from their schools is really really high. Is clicking multiple threads more annoying or getting massive amounts of useless information more annoying?

This thread is a terrible way to keep track of which schools are giving out interviews when. This is true regardless of the quality of an applicant's application. The best way to track IIs is to check the school-specific threads. Even then, the amount of activity reported on SDN must be a ridiculously low compared to what is actually taking place.
 
It's actually more efficient to have one thread only applied to invites being sent out to identify batches. The search function has a "limit to this thread" function making a each quite efficient even in a 200+ page thread. If you could standardize school referencing (ie names or acronyms only).

On the other hand, clicking through 30 threads full of "omg this school was sooooo beauriful" "why haven't these scumbags sent me a II yet? " and "I'm a student here this year, listen to me shill" is an absolute chore.
 
Huh? That doesn't have anything to do with this. You are making an efficiency argument, saying that checking all the school-specific threads is annoying. Having one thread for all 140+ schools makes the problem even worse. Sure, it's a one stop shop now, but the probability that the information is irrelevant to the audience looking for updates from their schools is really really high. Is clicking multiple threads more annoying or getting massive amounts of useless information more annoying?

This thread is a terrible way to keep track of which schools are giving out interviews when. This is true regardless of the quality of an applicant's application. The best way to track IIs is to check the school-specific threads. Even then, the amount of activity reported on SDN must be a ridiculously low compared to what is actually taking place.

I love you, but you don't have to read this thread if you don't like it.
 
Huh? That doesn't have anything to do with this. You are making an efficiency argument, saying that checking all the school-specific threads is annoying. Having one thread for all 140+ schools makes the problem even worse. Sure, it's a one stop shop now, but the probability that the information is irrelevant to the audience looking for updates from their schools is really really high. Is clicking multiple threads more annoying or getting massive amounts of useless information more annoying?

This thread is a terrible way to keep track of which schools are giving out interviews when. This is true regardless of the quality of an applicant's application. The best way to track IIs is to check the school-specific threads. Even then, the amount of activity reported on SDN must be a ridiculously low compared to what is actually taking place.
I guess your right..but for me its just nice to see people still getting II's ..I only have one..when I go to the specific schools thread I get even more anxious now seeing acceptances..you have a great MD App..you must have worked very hard for that!! Good Luck for the rest of your cycle!!
 
Thanks @whatsupdr and @XxThaDoggxX for the wishes. Good luck to you guys too!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Einstein just released more interview dates, was able to snag one though the II came in 9.23. This means they must have invited more people today. Albany sent me an II today as well.
 
I can't take the silence anymore. All of the interviews are being given out and I'm left with nothing 🙁
 
Most at the end of august with some interspersed through september.

I was kind of all over the place with my submissions, but I haven't heard back from the ones I applied to later than late August yet. Last cycle I applied as soon as possible and got 3/4 of my interviews in November or later.
 
I was kind of all over the place with my submissions, but I haven't heard back from the ones I applied to later than late August yet. Last cycle I applied as soon as possible and got 3/4 of my interviews in November or later.
How did your last cycle go?

You think I shoyld start hearing back soon?
 
How did your last cycle go?

You think I shoyld start hearing back soon?

Badly. 2 Waitlist, 2 post interview Rejections. I had a bad committee letter though.

This time I read science letter #1 and misc. Letter. I got accepted at the place I used science letter 2 at, so it's probably good too. My non science letter held me up a bit, so most of those schools were in late August or early September, which is why some of my school's are around your complete date.

This year I really metagamed hard. Every single line of my interview was rehearsed ad nauseum, down to facial expressions.

I would expect to hear back in November.
 
Badly. 2 Waitlist, 2 post interview Rejections. I had a bad committee letter though.

This time I read science letter #1 and misc. Letter. I got accepted at the place I used science letter 2 at, so it's probably good too. My non science letter held me up a bit, so most of those schools were in late August or early September, which is why some of my school's are around your complete date.

This year I really metagamed hard. Every single line of my interview was rehearsed ad nauseum, down to facial expressions.

I would expect to hear back in November.
How did you know you had a bad committee letter? What would be considered a "bad" letter (besides the obvious)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did you know you had a bad committee letter? What would be considered a "bad" letter (besides the obvious)?

It's kind of a long story but basically my committee consists of one person who writes the letters for the entire school. She has something of a reputation. During the committee submission time line, I sort of missed a deadline then went over her head to get it accepted. I seriously considered backing out, but my PI told me that she would never be that unprofessional and I, like a ******, believed him.

Later, I get a call in the summer where she says she afraid I'll bomb all my interviews and tells me how I bombed her interview, but she would try to suggest I'm trying to improve my poor communication skills, or something to that effect. Honestly the phone call woke me up and I couldn't think of just to say beyond "ok" during that conversation.

Later, interviews brought it up multiple times during the cycle. When I called schools post rejection for feedback, they were unanimously evasive, except for my first interview which I totally bombed on every level.

Basically, I learned never to trust people. They're garbage and they'll stab you in the back.

Ironically, last year I was much closed to med school ideal. I was somewhat altruistic and empathetic. I legit thought I could do good or some bull**** like that. I got in on October 15th this cycle, and I'm jaded and apathetic about others.
 
It's kind of a long story but basically my committee consists of one person who writes the letters for the entire school. She has something of a reputation. During the committee submission time line, I sort of missed a deadline then went over her head to get it accepted. I seriously considered backing out, but my PI told me that she would never be that unprofessional and I, like a ******, believed him.

Later, I get a call in the summer where she says she afraid I'll bomb all my interviews and tells me how I bombed her interview, but she would try to suggest I'm trying to improve my poor communication skills, or something to that effect. Honestly the phone call woke me up and I couldn't think of just to say beyond "ok" during that conversation.

Later, interviews brought it up multiple times during the cycle. When I called schools post rejection for feedback, they were unanimously evasive, except for my first interview which I totally bombed on every level.

Basically, I learned never to trust people. They're garbage and they'll stab you in the back.

Ironically, last year I was much closed to med school ideal. I was somewhat altruistic and empathetic. I legit thought I could do good or some bull**** like that. I got in on October 15th this cycle, and I'm jaded and apathetic about others.
It baffles me why someone would deliberately write a negative LOR. Why not just decline writing one? Sorry that happened to you. Congrats on your acceptance.
 
I got WashU and UCLA II's this week. Was complete in July.

Mind sharing your stats? WashU is in my top 3 and while I'm not so delusional as to think I'm good enough for the school, it would still be nice to figure out if they're more about numbers or more about experiences.
 
Hopefully, people who got accepted to their first choice will cancel a lot of IIs they had scheduled for this month. Interviews are expensive.

Personally, I know of one school that has only given out less than 20% of its IIs thus far. However, this school is probably in the minority of medical schools and is a state school with a heavy in-state preference. Perhaps we're just panicking and then we'll be awash in more interviews than we can go to by December, only to go to them and panic while we wait for the results, only to get waitlisted and panic to get off the waitlist. There's a lot of opportunities to panic here.
 
Last edited: