Odd Waitlist Situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuropsyance

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So while opening my stack of rejection letters today, I received notification that I've been waitlisted for a program I haven't even interviewed at. It was from the DCT.

Just wondering on what to expect of this (i.e. why did this happen this way?) and what I should say when I email the DCT and POF (if anything)?

It's a school I decided was my #1 during the pre-interview period, so this is kind of cool I guess, unexpected though.

- neuropsyance

Members don't see this ad.

So while opening my stack of rejection letters today, I received notification that I've been waitlisted for a program I haven't even interviewed at. It was from the DCT.

Just wondering on what to expect of this (i.e. why did this happen this way?) and what I should say when I email the DCT and POF (if anything)?

It's a school I decided was my #1 during the pre-interview period, so this is kind of cool I guess, unexpected though.

- neuropsyance

Does this school typically do interviews?

If not, I have read about other people in this forum who had the same thing happen to them. . . . If you are still interested in the program, I would contact the individual and let them him/her knwo that you are still interested and then wait it out.

If you get accepted off the waitlist, then you can ask to visit the campus and meet the faculty and students.

Good luck!!!

Does this school typically do interviews?

If not, I have read about other people in this forum who had the same thing happen to them. . . . If you are still interested in the program, I would contact the individual and let them him/her knwo that you are still interested and then wait it out.

If you get accepted off the waitlist, then you can ask to visit the campus and meet the faculty and students.

Good luck!!!

Yeah they typically do interviews. Looks like the invites went out way late, so the whole thing seemed kind of haphazard and rushed. I'll probably just email them about my interest, and see what happens after that.

I don't think my original message was quite clear enough. Students on this forum have also been waitlisted, even when the had not been chosen for interviews. Some were even accepted off the waitlist.

So good luck!!!