# of applicants for this cycle (2005)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Generallee

NYUCD 2010
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
DB#1 said:
Can anyone believe this? :eek:
The AADSAS # is in the 12000's as of the mid January :eek:
This one hell of a cycle, what do you all think?

I was reading the above quote in another thread but it confused me...

According to my application info, the AADSAS might only be at around 9000 applicants. There are two numbers in which to distinguish. The first is the AADSAS I.D. Number which begins with 2005 (assuming that number means the current application cycle) then a "0" followed by a number indicating the order in which you turned it in (for ex: if you were the 7132nd person to turn it in, then your ID number would be 200507132). The second number is the WebID number. This number is in the 12,000s. Which number correctly states how many applicants there are this cycle? Is there really over 12,000 or are there just about 9000 applicants this cycle? What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Generallee said:
I was reading the above quote in another thread but it confused me...

According to my application info, the AADSAS might only be at around 9000 applicants. There are two numbers in which to distinguish. The first is the AADSAS I.D. Number which begins with 2005 (assuming that number means the current application cycle) then a "0" followed by a number indicating the order in which you turned it in (for ex: if you were 7132, then the ID number would be 200507132). The second number is the WebID number. This number is in the 12,000s. Which number correctly states how many applicants there are this cycle? Is there really over 12,000 or are there just about 9000 applicants this cycle? What do you guys think?

In that same thread you mentioned the member that stated his/her number was 12000+ returned later and said it was a mistake. I believe the number is in fact around 9000 applicants.

My guess is that around 12,000 people started an AADSAS application online, but about 9,000 actually completed it and hit the submit button.

Members don't see this ad :)
i still can't believe people are still making the mistake of the AADSAS ID and the web ID. it says it right on the pink sheet AADSAS I.D. 2005*****. mistake like this is freaking people out. especially the guy that wrote on some post here that he called AADSAS and they told him that it was up in the 12000 while last year was around 9000. now we all know that he is just making it up, because someone else said they called, and they told him its in the ~9000 range.

9,000 applicants is more accurate. (I too was surprised by the 12,000 figure.) It wouldn't increase to 12k in a single year based on past numbers.

And from ADEA's FAQ page:
"What percentage of applicants completes the online application?
Ninety-six percent applicants completed the online application for the 2004 application cycle."

demonicr said:
i still can't believe people are still making the mistake of the AADSAS ID and the web ID. it says it right on the pink sheet AADSAS I.D. 2005*****. mistake like this is freaking people out. especially the guy that wrote on some post here that he called AADSAS and they told him that it was up in the 12000 while last year was around 9000. now we all know that he is just making it up, because someone else said they called, and they told him its in the ~9000 range.

Dude, I never said that I called AADSAS! I said my ID is 12000. Then another member posted a reply asking wether I am mistaking the AADSAS # with web ID!

Anyway I submitted my app on Jan 13th and my ID is about 8800.

mtabibian said:
Dude, I never said that I called AADSAS! I said my ID is 12000. Then another member posted a reply asking wether I am mistaking the AADSAS # with web ID!

Anyway I submitted my app on Jan 13th and my ID is about 8800.

sorry man, the quote under your previous post threw me off. i apologize. well at least we know the number of application didn't went up that much from last year.