• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Allaboutteeth5

7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Do you guys know if schools look at number of credit hours in the science courses when evaluating science gpa?
I have a low science gpa, but I have like 140 credit hours of science courses. I my past few semesters have been good, but even with all A's it barley raises my science gpa because of the high number of credit hours I have
Just wondering, since some people are non-science majors and have less hours so their gpa can fluctuate easier in the sense of math

FanOfCostco

7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Do you guys know if schools look at number of credit hours in the science courses when evaluating science gpa?
I have a low science gpa, but I have like 140 credit hours of science courses. I my past few semesters have been good, but even with all A's it barley raises my science gpa because of the high number of credit hours I have
Just wondering, since some people are non-science majors and have less hours so their gpa can fluctuate easier in the sense of math
I dont think they do.

DOC YANKEM

2+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2017
School Library
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
It's hard to say... dental admissions boards try their best to view applications holistically. If you are under a science gpa of 3.0, then I would recommend you to try another program such as a post bacc or masters.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.