# of Credit Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allaboutteeth5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know if schools look at number of credit hours in the science courses when evaluating science gpa?
I have a low science gpa, but I have like 140 credit hours of science courses. I my past few semesters have been good, but even with all A's it barley raises my science gpa because of the high number of credit hours I have
Just wondering, since some people are non-science majors and have less hours so their gpa can fluctuate easier in the sense of math

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys know if schools look at number of credit hours in the science courses when evaluating science gpa?
I have a low science gpa, but I have like 140 credit hours of science courses. I my past few semesters have been good, but even with all A's it barley raises my science gpa because of the high number of credit hours I have
Just wondering, since some people are non-science majors and have less hours so their gpa can fluctuate easier in the sense of math
I dont think they do.

It's hard to say... dental admissions boards try their best to view applications holistically. If you are under a science gpa of 3.0, then I would recommend you to try another program such as a post bacc or masters.