Allaboutteeth5

7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Do you guys know if schools look at number of credit hours in the science courses when evaluating science gpa?
I have a low science gpa, but I have like 140 credit hours of science courses. I my past few semesters have been good, but even with all A's it barley raises my science gpa because of the high number of credit hours I have
Just wondering, since some people are non-science majors and have less hours so their gpa can fluctuate easier in the sense of math

FanOfCostco

7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Do you guys know if schools look at number of credit hours in the science courses when evaluating science gpa?
I have a low science gpa, but I have like 140 credit hours of science courses. I my past few semesters have been good, but even with all A's it barley raises my science gpa because of the high number of credit hours I have
Just wondering, since some people are non-science majors and have less hours so their gpa can fluctuate easier in the sense of math
I dont think they do.

DOC YANKEM

2+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2017
School Library
Status
Dental Student
It's hard to say... dental admissions boards try their best to view applications holistically. If you are under a science gpa of 3.0, then I would recommend you to try another program such as a post bacc or masters.

About the Ads