-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
# of schools applied
Started by vixen
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those that applied to more than ten do you personally visit all those schools beforehand this would seem quite time consuming and expensive.
anamod as a minnesota resident myself i would like to hear your thoughts on the U of MN.
anamod as a minnesota resident myself i would like to hear your thoughts on the U of MN.
Shepard, I really like the school. It just seemed that the times that I have been to the U of Mn the students and the faculty all seem real relaxed and down to earth. I also like the idea of in state tution. If you have anymore question to ask feel free. Where do you go to school
Shepard & Anamod,
I did my undergraduate work at U of MN for close to 6 years (a little too much partying)! Between the 4 dental classes that are currently there, I have many friends that are current students. I have many positive and negative thoughts about the school, but again remember, I've been in the Moose Towers (where the dental school is located) for many years to see everything from education to facilaties! I strongly feel that you will find great faculty members and a great social environment for your awesome dental education! Good luck to you!
😎
I did my undergraduate work at U of MN for close to 6 years (a little too much partying)! Between the 4 dental classes that are currently there, I have many friends that are current students. I have many positive and negative thoughts about the school, but again remember, I've been in the Moose Towers (where the dental school is located) for many years to see everything from education to facilaties! I strongly feel that you will find great faculty members and a great social environment for your awesome dental education! Good luck to you!
😎
thanks yah-zzz & anamod, being a mn resident I feel natural to look firstly at the u of mn, I also like the idea of resident tuition. How do you feel about it's competitiveness. I have a chance to be a part of the early admissions program, although i'm not entirely sure what the advantages are of this, any thoughts. I go to a c.c. in Austin and am a second year and will transfer probably to mankato state after this year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I applied in 97/98 I had applied to 2 Canadian and 3 US schools. I had interviews at 3, Marquette did not give interviews. I was accepted at marquette, did not attend interviews at NYU and CWRU. I went to an interview at the University of western ontario and was wait listed there.
I think admission is a lot of luck and it depends on the year and the number of applicants. The year I applied they said MUSOD had 2500 applicants for 75 spots. But when it is rolling admissions, I think not necessarily the best applicants get in but rather early applicants get in. I applied in september and that was already too late. My interview at CWRU was in March and they said it was pretty much for the wait list. I got accepted at MUSOD in January. 😎
I think admission is a lot of luck and it depends on the year and the number of applicants. The year I applied they said MUSOD had 2500 applicants for 75 spots. But when it is rolling admissions, I think not necessarily the best applicants get in but rather early applicants get in. I applied in september and that was already too late. My interview at CWRU was in March and they said it was pretty much for the wait list. I got accepted at MUSOD in January. 😎
i submitted my application on dec 10. and my aadsas # is 5546. i guess this number refers to the number of applicants applied through aadsas thus far. hm... considering that there are about 4000 or so spots for first year dental students, the chances are that we have a very good shot at getting admitted to at least one school.
yah-zzz, have you tried calling the admission office to check your status? my application was received by the school in early january, and I learned from calling the admission office that i was invited for an interview, and i was lucky enough to schedule an interview for as early as next week... u can save urself time by callin them because it takes time for an invitation letter to get to you.
i'm in a big dilemma though because my committee letter is probably according to my dean being sent out to the schools i applied. columbia is not reviewing my application until they get the letter =( but i dont' blame the school... just regretting about applying too late.
as a side note, has anyone interviewd at buffalo? i'd appreciate it very much if anyone can share his or her interview experience there...
and finally good luck to those who applied late in the game and who are going through interviews.
yah-zzz, have you tried calling the admission office to check your status? my application was received by the school in early january, and I learned from calling the admission office that i was invited for an interview, and i was lucky enough to schedule an interview for as early as next week... u can save urself time by callin them because it takes time for an invitation letter to get to you.
i'm in a big dilemma though because my committee letter is probably according to my dean being sent out to the schools i applied. columbia is not reviewing my application until they get the letter =( but i dont' blame the school... just regretting about applying too late.
as a side note, has anyone interviewd at buffalo? i'd appreciate it very much if anyone can share his or her interview experience there...
and finally good luck to those who applied late in the game and who are going through interviews.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 910