# of UWorld Questions Per Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alvarez13

PGEEE2 mediates FEEEVER
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm searching and can't seem to find an avg number of Uworld Questions that can be completed in a day. I realize this is highly dependent on things like motivation, depth of review, amt of crack consumed, ability to focus, etc. I'm just trying to see how much others are getting done.

My goal is 2 passes through it and I should have ~30 days to do it. Based on doing a few problems here and there, that seems tough. I find myself spending a long time on each question to look things up in my review sources, but man am I learning a lot.

What have your experiences been?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
2 passes *2100 questions = 4200 questions

4200/30 = 140 questions/day. So about three question blocks per day should do ya.

I'm searching and can't seem to find an avg number of Uworld Questions that can be completed in a day. I realize this is highly dependent on things like motivation, depth of review, amt of crack consumed, ability to focus, etc. I'm just trying to see how much others are getting done.

My goal is 2 passes through it and I should have ~30 days to do it. Based on doing a few problems here and there, that seems tough. I find myself spending a long time on each question to look things up in my review sources, but man am I learning a lot.

What have your experiences been?

I agree. I can only get through about 46 questions a day. 140. Gooood luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah, I'm just trying to get more of an idea of how many questions someone can manage w/o going insane. 100 is sounding tough...

I came into my dedicated step-I study period with a fairly solid base of knowledge for most of what's covered, so doing questions is my main focus. I have been doing 3 blocks of 46 timed, random questions (138 total) most days. It takes A LOT of time though, so if you are wanting/needing to do lots of general reviewing before doing actual questions it won't really be possible. Right now, I usually use the full 60 minutes per block to do questions and review the ones I marked with a few minutes between blocks (usually somehow turns into like 10-15 minutes), so that's a good 3.5 hours there just to do them. Then reviewing, I try to get through a block of questions in an hour to an hour and a half with it usually being more like an hour and a half, so that's another 4.5 hours for a total of at least 8 hours on questions (however, in actual practice I seem to lose time somewhere, so it may be closer to 9 hours start to finish w/breaks and everything). As you can see, that leaves some time for other stuff (e.g. GT), but not a whole lot of time. My goal is to finish up Kaplan in the next week, and then start on UW and get through it once plus redoing my incorrects...

During the month prior to my exam, I was doing two blocks of 46 questions a day. The last 2 weeks I was probably doing closer to three blocks a day. It sucks but it is definitely possible.

I came into my dedicated step-I study period with a fairly solid base of knowledge for most of what's covered, so doing questions is my main focus. I have been doing 3 blocks of 46 timed, random questions (138 total) most days. It takes A LOT of time though, so if you are wanting/needing to do lots of general reviewing before doing actual questions it won't really be possible. Right now, I usually use the full 60 minutes per block to do questions and review the ones I marked with a few minutes between blocks (usually somehow turns into like 10-15 minutes), so that's a good 3.5 hours there just to do them. Then reviewing, I try to get through a block of questions in an hour to an hour and a half with it usually being more like an hour and a half, so that's another 4.5 hours for a total of at least 8 hours on questions (however, in actual practice I seem to lose time somewhere, so it may be closer to 9 hours start to finish w/breaks and everything). As you can see, that leaves some time for other stuff (e.g. GT), but not a whole lot of time. My goal is to finish up Kaplan in the next week, and then start on UW and get through it once plus redoing my incorrects...

Is that what a 2nd pass means? Going through the ones you got wrong?

I think for most people who have year long subscription, myself included, 2nd means resetting the questions and starting from scratch. However, there are alot of people who just do incorrect and or marker questions as their 2nd pass. It could be due to time limitations and or shorter subscription.

Typically, I think people mean redoing the entire qbank when they talk about a "second pass." I don't think I will have enough time to get through it a full second time (even at 3 blocks of 46 a day), so I figured I would just do my incorrects again.

I think for most people who have year long subscription, myself included, 2nd means resetting the questions and starting from scratch. However, there are alot of people who just do incorrect and or marker questions as their 2nd pass. It could be due to time limitations and or shorter subscription.

That's basically my reasoning. My school provided us with a 30 day UW subscription, so I am somewhat limited in my time.

I wish I could get that much done. I'm 92% done with GT, so my knowledge base will be strong. My focus will be 100% questions for dedicated study time. May be more like 1 pass and a 2nd pass focused on weaknesses.

The more you know, and the more you're comfortable with, the less you have to look up in FA and all that. The answer choices are all pretty dense though, and sometimes it takes me 5 min to go through one with a concept I'm not really familiar with. But in summary, it should get faster as you get more comfortable with the material.

Yah, I'm just trying to get more of an idea of how many questions someone can manage w/o going insane. 100 is sounding tough...

Well it's very possible, you just have to be very disciplined. I'm getting through about 180 questions a day (5 days/wk) & yes it takes forever ...

However I've been doing question sets since the beginning of January, and my dedicated study time started this week, so I'm pretty efficient with the FA annotations (it helps to know exactly what page number to go to by memory ... since I've been doing this since January).

My study schedule for my dedicated time is from 8-12 in the morning, read FA and go over weaknesses (Kaplan videos, etc.) then from 1- to whenever I finish I do 180 questions and annotate them all. I take about a 2 hr study break sometime during that time period. On a a really good, efficient study day I'll be done by 10 (takes me 2 hrs for each question set). But usually I'm done by about 11:30/

The only reason I think I'm able to do all this however is because I've been annotating so much since January that I've memorized most page references in FA and can flip quickly to it to annotate. But while it does SUCK because it takes so long, I definitely see progress. So it's possible.

I worked my way up to 110 q/day, for the last month before the exam. And I started in February, I think.

I wish I could get that much done. I'm 92% done with GT, so my knowledge base will be strong. My focus will be 100% questions for dedicated study time. May be more like 1 pass and a 2nd pass focused on weaknesses.

You should be pretty well set then. 92% of GT completed now was like 100% last week at the rate they keep adding cards...anyways, if you're 100% on questions, then you should be able to bust out 3 blocks of 46 a day without too much trouble. I even squeeze in some pathoma throughout the day just to break up the monotony of reviewing my answers (and I occasionally come here too).

The more you know, and the more you're comfortable with, the less you have to look up in FA and all that. The answer choices are all pretty dense though, and sometimes it takes me 5 min to go through one with a concept I'm not really familiar with. But in summary, it should get faster as you get more comfortable with the material.

I definitely agree with this. I think part of the reason I can review things more quickly is that even on a lot of the questions I missed, it's usually not that I had no clue, but instead that I failed to integrate my knowledge in a manner as to allow me to answer the question. In my first week of doing questions my average percentage went up ~10%, which I attribute to being better at connecting things in my mind rather than just having added 10% more knowledge to my brain.

Yeah. You get quicker as it goes along. I can do 46 question blocks and review in about an hour. I do 30 minutes for questions, and 30 for review. By the end of your studying and on your second pass, you should be scoring at least around 70% correct. The correct ones take very little time to review- just make sure you got it right because you actually knew it, and that you understand what the other answer choices were referring to. I find this helpful for drug questions (even if I got them right). Just in your mind make sure you know what the mechanism of the drug is, what are it's side effects, what are its uses, etc. even if you didn't select it. The incorrect ones can take more time...but often the explanations in UWorld are so good that you don't need to look much up in First Aid other than annotate if it's not already there.

Questions are important but don't forget about reading. I'm t minus 2 weeks and I'm doing about 6 hours of reading, 3 hours of questions, and 1-2 hours of memorizing annoying errata everyday now. Gotta grill it all in at the end.

Also random blocks are where it's at. I think it's prepared me better for the real exams and kept me on my toes for all material (not just the material I studied that day).

Last edited:
I'm at about 2 weeks to my exam as well. I do 2 blocks of timed, random questions of UW a day and that takes me roughly 3 hours to get through. For the ones I get right, I definitely agree with mdeast -- don't go crazy trying to memorize every last detail in the explanations, but make sure you completely and fully understand what the question was asking and why you got it right. Usually that entails just reading over everything once and then on to the next one.