Offical August 2002 MCAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WonderBoy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't bring myself to check my scores, I freakin out:eek:

How did everyone else do?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks Veilside!
In April I had a 11, 8, 9 M...the two I wanted to improve did, I can now officially move on from this MCAT nightmare I have been living in since Nov. 3 2001 when I took my first practice test!

Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
You cannot believe how relieved I feel

VR 11
PS 8
BS 10
R

And if anyone out there is bummed out about their scores, NEVER underestimate the power of retaking-- I did, and they're much better (well, I went down a point in PS but who cares-- I'm happy and I'm going to med school). Best of luck to everyone!

:) :) :) :)

I almost forgot to congratulate Angelique-- congrats! I know what you were going through since I was also a retaker. Ugh. So glad it's all over. Let's savor the moment, then on to the next hurdle...

:)

the OP needs to check the scores, i'm not sure how you can know they are up and not check them.......especialy after 7 weeks of wanting to know them....i was pleasantly suprised, you never know you might be too....

nero

congrats to angeliqua and avr....

good luck in the app process, keep us updated!

27 10V 9P 8B

I Know some people don't consider these that great but I was so excited when I got this score. I didn't sleep AT ALL the night before the MCAT and I was sure that I was going to get something like a 21! I was actually thinking about leaving for lunch and not coming back to the test. That and I thought about voiding this thing after every section.

Although it does look like as the day went on my lack of sleep became more of a factor. The 8 in bio is a bit suprising since I was scoring 10's and 11's the week before on practice tests.

Anyway while 27 certainly isn't the best score in the world it does give me a fighting chance for my state school and a few others.

The dream lives on !!! :clap:

okay...i am in a dilemma here... I got a 28, 9/9/10/O
should i retake? the thing is, English is my 2nd language...And in all the previous practice test i took, i always got 7~8 in verbal and 10~11 in sciences....but in this real exam..i got a 9 in verbal but screwed up in science! only 9 and 10....WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!!?!?! how do admission commitee look at our MCAT score? the best scores from each subject from all sets or the most recent set OR the best set?

HELP! :X

and congrat to ppl who got the score u wanted!

if it makes ya feel better englisih IS my first and only language and i got an 8.. hell that should make ya proud!! hahaha i would keep it.. it is a good score especially since theyll see that eng is not your first and you still kicked ass!! congrats!

Verbal - 9
Physical - 11
Writing Sample - Q
Biology - 12

Ok, I can't complain with that score but I in April I got a 9, 10, N, 12. The only reason I took thing agian was to try to break 10 in verbal. Instead I go up a point in physical and two scores in writing. WTF? Sorry, the 9 is chapping me but I should get in somewhere. Peace.

Okay, people, let's be sensitive here. So far everyone's got pretty good scores up. I don't want to hear anymore whining about things like 10-12s for PS, BS. 9 V is good enough for an interview in combination with these other two scores. I got 11 V, but until hell freezes over I'll NEVER be able to score above a 9 in PS.

As far as 9,9,10, you should apply this year AND retake as a backup. Unless you must go to Harvard, your state school is probably great, and, unlike my state schools (UC) should be somewhat easier to get into and less competitive (that's what I get for living in California).

Members don't see this ad :)
i didn't do all that well, but i've never had such a miserable testing experience so can't complain too much! i came home after the mcat and could not stop crying b/c i could hardly think or read during the test.
ended up with a 9,9,9 M. i was SHOCKED with the M! writing is one of my strengths. yay for us who got below 30 :clap: if everything else looks good i still think we still have a decent shot!!

danwsu -- i only got 4 hrs sleep and know how you feel. i was brain dead by the time bio came around. i though the score would be more like 10V, 9P, 6B R.

Originally posted by lola
i didn't do all that well, but i've never had such a miserable testing experience so can't complain too much! i came home after the mcat and could not stop crying b/c i could hardly think or read during the test.
ended up with a 9,9,9 M. i was SHOCKED with the M! writing is one of my strengths. yay for us who got below 30 :clap: if everything else looks good i still think we still have a decent shot!!

If it makes you feel better I just had a meeting with a member of an adcom member from my state school two days ago. He was asked how much of an effect a bad MCAT score would have. He responded that if you didn't have a score of at least 24 then you will definately have some problems. He then said a score below 21 is really pushing it.

So I guess for your state school, an average score like 27 will not hurt you but at the same time it doesn't give you any kind of edge like a 33 would.

Ironic that I spent the last few years complaining about how adcoms should focus more on your GPA and ECs. Now it looks like it's going to come down to those two things.

Hey everyone, congrats on making it thus far, I know the wait has been killing me... not to mention that I didn't want to look so that I could live on in my fantasy world as long as possible :).

After much procrastinating, praying, and reading everyone else's threads, I finally sucked it up and checked. I got a 30--11 V, 9 P, 10 B, with a P in writing. This is up from a 28 (11/9/8 O in April). The bio was the section I really wanted to improve, and it looks like my hard work paid off. :D

I wish the best to all of you; we're in this together, folks! The MCAT is just one portion of your application (albeit an important one).

Originally posted by danwsu

So I guess for your state school, an average score like 27 will not hurt you but at the same time it doesn't give you any kind of edge like a 33 would.

too bad my state schools are uc's!
i did go to prestigious schools for undergrad & graduate and did very well, so hopefully that'll help me!

p.s. WE'RE DONE!

11V 8PS 10BS QWS

I'm happy with my score; it will be competitive at the schools to which I am applying. I was hoping for 30+, but who wasn't?? Glad I won't be retaking in April...

11 V 11 PS 11 BS S !!!!

33 = completely ecstatic, stunned, and relieved.

Congratulations to all who got the score they were looking for. To those of you who didn't: keep your chin up and don't give up!

I'm going out to dinner at a great Italian place to celebrate with family. Ciao!

Relief!!! Relief!! Relief!! Not stellar, but at least in "safe zone"!

11 V, 9 P, 8 B, O-WS

Yeahh!!! No more MCAT torture!!!!! I can sell my MCAT books!!! (Anyone in San Francisco Bay area interested?)

A word of encouragement to anyone having to retake--buckle down & do it!!! It's worth it! I'm a 3rd timer.

1st time: 7 V, 8 P, 9 B, R-WS
2nd : 7 V, 8 P, 8 B, O-WS (I almost died in June!!!)

There were a few people who discouraged me from retaking, saying that I might do worse and that adcoms look down on retakers. It was a tough decision in June, but I'm so glad I ignored all the pessimism and retook. I even just had a rejection revoked b/c of my new scores!!! Today is a good day!!! Thanks, God!!! :)

Thank you God, Thank you God, Thank you God

V-8, P-8, B-10, W-m

This will definitly seal me in an osteopathic school. I already have been granted a interview at NJCOM with my april MCAT score of a 20. Im so happy. Good Luck to you all in your application process.

hey congrats everyone on mcat day over!!! Congrats beanbean on a wonderful score! if i read mroe than a book in my life i was hoping for a 11 V but no chance! Hey ocean.. 27 is good antying above that is fine! i got a 6 V in april and got a 8V today.. your fine
8V 11P 11B R

april( 6 11 11 Q) it was a retake for me.. ENjoy the nighte veryone!!!

Well I guess I will be the first idiot to reply to this thread. First a little background. I took the April MCAT and screwed up. I got a 7,7,8 and a P. So this summer i had no classes and did a review course at a medical school for 7 weeks. I improved on all my sections and my best AAMC practice exam came out to a 29. Well today i got my scores and well.....they are self explanatory: 5(yes a 5), 8,9 Q. All I can say is that I am clueless as to what happened there. I never even got as low as a five when i took my first mock MCAT ever. And to think on my last practice exam I got an 11 :-( It gets even worse though, I've already sent in all my applications thinking I would see a vast improvement in my score this Aug. I estimated I Would get btween a 27-29. Well, I guess its not gonna happen for me. Those rejection letters are going to pile up. I applied to 21 schools so imagine the money I've lost. Well enough of my sob story. Good luck to everyone else.

Hi my eyes... well first time I did the MCAT I got a score of 25 and get this a 5 in verbal.... I totally messed up.. this time I got a score of 27, 7,10,10Q... very unhappy about my verbal score but oh well.... and I also applied to med schools already....

Listen.. don't give up.. who knows... if you get an interview kill it

Good luck to you... verbal is all about practice... reading lots of Harpers etc....

Originally posted by Nefertari
Relief!!! Relief!! Relief!! Not stellar, but at least in "safe zone"!

11 V, 9 P, 8 B, O-WS

Yeahh!!! No more MCAT torture!!!!! I can sell my MCAT books!!! (Anyone in San Francisco Bay area interested?)

A word of encouragement to anyone having to retake--buckle down & do it!!! It's worth it! I'm a 3rd timer.

1st time: 7 V, 8 P, 9 B, R-WS
2nd : 7 V, 8 P, 8 B, O-WS (I almost died in June!!!)

There were a few people who discouraged me from retaking, saying that I might do worse and that adcoms look down on retakers. It was a tough decision in June, but I'm so glad I ignored all the pessimism and retook. I even just had a rejection revoked b/c of my new scores!!! Today is a good day!!! Thanks, God!!! :)

congrats! how'd u pull up verbal 4 entire points? that's just insane!

Originally posted by Yogi Bear:
congrats! how'd u pull up verbal 4 entire points? that's just insane! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yogi Bear,

Thanks! I've seen other sdners do the same. I have to give a lot of credit to my TPR verbal guy--he's the best! He offered a lot of good tips on narrowing down the choices to 2. Timing strategy also saved me on verbal. I finally accepted that I could only finish 8 passages, instead of doing 9 in a panic. I consistently did this & found that I was able to answer more correctly.

Since there were less than 2 months to prepare this summer, I focused on verbal. Everyday, no matter what, I made myself read 1-2 hours of magazines, journals, whatever I could find that had a short passage format like the mcat. That part was cool, actually, since it gave me a chance to relax & read. Too bad I couldn't pull up my science scores. As you see from my old scores, I'm pretty topsy-turvy! I've never fit any kind of pattern.

My scores totally flip-flopped. On Kaplan practice, verbal was giving me problems, but I was getting 10-11s on Bio. I figured verbal would screw me on the real thing. I ended up with an 11 verbal, but 9 Bio. 29 overall, 11v, 9p,9b, O. I am content with my score, I guess, but I am pretty disappointed w/ Bio.
Oh well, the wait is over (at least this particular one). Now I just cross my fingers and hope for an acceptance down the line.

11V 11P 11B S ... Im pretty happy could have used a point or two on my sciences, but I cant complain since the highest I ever scored on verbal was an 8 during the practices. anyhow...my gpa is horrible though ...3.1 so i dunno. it would be pretty stupid of me to retake it right?

11V 11P 11B S ... Im pretty happy could have used a point or two on my sciences, but I cant complain since the highest I ever scored on verbal was an 8 during the practices. anyhow...my gpa is horrible though ...3.1 so i dunno. it would be pretty stupid of me to retake it right?

I got a 26, (V-9, P-8, B-9, Q). This is a retake, the first time I got a 26(V-7, P-8, B-11, Q). What do you guys think med schools will think about this? Do think I still have a chance?

9 Verbal :)
11 Physical :clap:
10 Biological :clap:
L Writing :oops:

30L on MCAT = three Months @ fourty hours/week studying
Getting accepted to Medical School = PRICELESS ;)

V9 P7 N B8

Pretty plane jane numbers. Especially that lousy 7. I applied to all seven (how ironic) state schools so hopefully I'll at least get an interview.

How bad is an 8 verbal with a 30 combined and Q?

I figured I could at least pull a 9 but o'well. Should I just quit whining?

The problem is having a boarderline section and already being heavily invested in this years cycle. I won't have a real clue about being accepted until Feb or Mar and I would have to potentially start studying again in Dec.

been to depressed to come to this board since I got my score. I did worse than I could have imagined in my wildest dreams. I did better on all but 1 of my full length practice tests and to get this score just knocked the wind out of me...

I knew I did poorly in the physical section but I ended up doing A LOT worse than I thought and really hurt myself there. But otherwise I did poorly in everything except the writing.

i got a 7V, 6P, 8B P. My score went down in each section and I never got below an 8 in the physical section in all my practice tests.

I thought I had gotten at lowest a 26-27. But to get what I got really hurt.

So Im taking the April 2003 test now. Just dont know what todo with some of the applications I sent out and paid for .

Originally posted by lmbebo
been to depressed to come to this board since I got my score. I did worse than I could have imagined in my wildest dreams. I did better on all but 1 of my full length practice tests and to get this score just knocked the wind out of me...

I knew I did poorly in the physical section but I ended up doing A LOT worse than I thought and really hurt myself there. But otherwise I did poorly in everything except the writing.

i got a 7V, 6P, 8B P. My score went down in each section and I never got below an 8 in the physical section in all my practice tests.

I thought I had gotten at lowest a 26-27. But to get what I got really hurt.

So Im taking the April 2003 test now. Just dont know what todo with some of the applications I sent out and paid for .

You may want to get your test rescored. It can't hurt at this point.

How bad is an 8 verbal with a 30 combined and Q?

I would absolutly continue with the secondries. A 30 is a great score and at least the 8 is in the average range.

I dont think it'll make much of a difference. I had a bad feeling about the physical science section.even if I do get 1 or 2 points Im still looking at a score that isn't very competitive.

V 8
P 14
W Q
B 11

Total 33 Q

What do you guys think about my 8 verbal?

I feel like most people are unhappy and got much lower than they expected...sounds like a tough curve for August MCATers...

Well since I began the thread only be fair to share my scores, even though they totally suck ass.

I began in June with a score of 8V, 5P, 7B in AAMC IV after two months of working my butt off I got 6V, 8P, 8B P yesterday. Felt like I was hit with a train.

Well I am pretty sure I will be taking it again in April '03, can't give up this easy.

Congrats to everyone happy with their scores, for the rest of us our day will come just don't give up!