Officer in VAQ?!??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chriseli

Mom. Wife. Neo-to-be.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does this happen often?

Members don't see this ad.

Does this happen often? Is there anything I can do to get placed in VOQ? Is this technically legal if they say VOQ is not available currently??
I suggest that you contact the base commander immediately and inform him of this terrible injustice. If you feel a crime has been committed by denying you your rightful due as a commissioned officer, you might also want to let the IG and your Senators know as well.

I suggest that you contact the base commander immediately and inform him of this terrible injustice. If you feel a crime has been committed by denying you your rightful due as a commissioned officer, you might also want to let the IG and your Senators know as well.
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
wow...hey thanks...wasn't that serious...just wanted to know if this happens often...
...ps catch a life...if you hadn't gathered from my previous post this is my 1st adt since COT...so excuse me if I am not used to the way things go...
...maybe next time you should go ahead and use the "if you don't have something constructive to say don't say anything at all"...

Does this happen often?

Sorry, despite being an old salt, not sure what the A stands for in VAQ.

Having stayed in many BOQs throughout this fine DoD. As long as you get your own room and bathroom. No reason to complain.

When I was a geo-bach in Hawaii (as an O-3), they wanted to stick me in a four pack with no amenities. The only good thing about it was that it was free. Ended up conning the billeting officer to let me stay in the regular Q and pay the 10 bucks a night.

Visiting Airman's Quarters. Basically, the enlisted version of VOQ. Usually a bit cheaper, a bit seedier, with a few less TV stations and no pool view. :) Or something. I really don't know as I've never had to stay there. All the enlisted guys I know usually stay the VOQ when we're TDY together. Who'd you piss off?