***Official 2006 Step 1 Results Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AwesomeO-DO

robot voice]I am AwesomeO
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I may not be the first to take Step one in 2006, but I gotta be close, so I declare the 2006 Step 1 forum OPEN. It may lay dormant for some time, but some day the class of 2008 will thank me for getting things ready for them. Don't worry, I set the bar pretty low. How low you ask? well.... less than 240 and more than 182. All I care is that I don't have to take that damn test again. They say then next few are easier. We'll see........

Members don't see this ad.

SungHyun7 said:
what did the cclcm get for their step1 average this year?

thanks!
all i know so far is that they university and college program have near identical averages. i'm betting it'll be upper 220's to lower 230's from the scores I know so far.

studydork said:
My Step 1 story.

227 (92)

I would first like to say that I am thankful and pleased with my score. My goal was 230, so I nearly reached it, which I am fine with. My journey was a long one. I studied a good amount in my last quarter of 2nd year and then 6 weeks in the summer. I just would like to put a disclaimer that the advice below is just my opinion. You have to see what works right for you...
The advice in this post is so money (and it doesn't even know it)... I agree 100 %

This thread scares me, so many 260+. I'm so glad I'm not appling for residency with the class of 2008. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Long Dong said:
This thread scares me, so many 260+. I'm so glad I'm not appling for residency with the class of 2008. :scared:

LOL. But the mean score is still 217... right? RIGHT?? :scared:

chintu said:
Some things on those breakdown surprised me. Avg board scores for US grads for most specialties are higher than all others? I thought FMGs had to have solid board scores to match anywhere in any field? Also, for most specialties the avg board scores for US grads are above avg or only slightly below avg which seems kinda high because most of the top scorers go into competitive specialties. Like for e.g. avg US board scores for IM (one of the least competitive specialty) is 220, that's above nat'l avg and its the same case with many others.

Those avg USMLE numbers are for all applicants, not matched applicants. I don't know why the numbers are only slightly below average for things like FP, and average for IM. That doesn't make sense.

I think that they "planned" on a 250 from one year equaling a 250 from the year before but it just doesn't seem to be the case. 250 this year isn't as "strong" as a 250 last year, because the standard deviation is different. So with a 250 this year (mean 217 SD 23) you have less distance between yourself and the pack than you would have before when the numbers were like: mean 215 and SD of 15. :scared:

That's what I've been wondering myself nicedream. I mean obviously the more competitive specialtis have 230+ averages but even for something like IM its 220? And for the least competitive ones its still like 210 range? So what happens to students scoring <1 stdev? there's something missing here...

(nicedream) said:
Those avg USMLE numbers are for all applicants, not matched applicants. I don't know why the numbers are only slightly below average for things like FP, and average for IM. That doesn't make sense.

no, i'm pretty sure those are the averages for matched applicants.

tomatoattack said:
I think that they "planned" on a 250 from one year equaling a 250 from the year before but it just doesn't seem to be the case. 250 this year isn't as "strong" as a 250 last year, because the standard deviation is different. So with a 250 this year (mean 217 SD 23) you have less distance between yourself and the pack than you would have before when the numbers were like: mean 215 and SD of 15. :scared:
good point statistical analysis is not one of my best areas.

I don't feel like typing an essay, but finally this part of my life is done with. Happy with my score and more importantly passing the darn thing.

*Goodbye Step 1 Forum*

coachB said:
no, i'm pretty sure those are the averages for matched applicants.

I did the calculations and they're not.

For example:

Derm, the avg Step 1 score in the chart is 233, but if you take the average in the graph for the matched students, it is 243.

I did several other specialties and found that in some, such as radiology, the average matched score according to the graphs was 10 points LOWER than the one in the chart.

My calculations were all correct and rechecked, so my conclusion is that that study is completely fouled up.

I emailed Dr Jolly, the author, and I'll let everyone know if he replies.

(nicedream) said:
My calculations were all correct and rechecked, so my conclusion is that that study is completely fouled up.

Did you notice that the X-axis is written as "less than or equal to the number" with the interval being 10. For example <=190 means that bar includes all the people who scored between 181-190. Since these are all ranges anyway, can't expect to hit the reported average dead-on in any case.

Members don't see this ad :)
gschl1234 said:
Did you notice that the X-axis is written as "less than or equal to the number" with the interval being 10. For example <=190 means that bar includes all the people who scored between 181-190. Since these are all ranges anyway, can't expect to hit the reported average dead-on in any case.

Right, but using the upper end of that interval should yield an over-estimation, not under. In some specialties the numbers yielded lower averages from the graphs than the charts.

(nicedream) said:
Right, but using the upper end of that interval should yield an over-estimation, not under. In some specialties the numbers yielded lower averages from the graphs than the charts.

I was trying to figure out that as well. Those numbers can get confusing.

Anyway, here's my result to add to the list: 232
Thanks to all who posted on this forum. It definitely helped me.

Dunce said:

Congrats, you're obviously no dunce ;)

Dunce said:

nice score. my goal is 230+ so in my eyes, you did pretty well. care to post your study plan?

I passed! :) I guess i was worried for no reason. Looking at the breakdown though, i remembered a lot of the questions in sections i did badly on, like the biochem, so beware of that error right after you take the test. Thanks to everyone on this forum for your support, and good luck to everyone taking the test.

(nicedream) said:
I did the calculations and they're not.

For example:

Derm, the avg Step 1 score in the chart is 233, but if you take the average in the graph for the matched students, it is 243.

I did several other specialties and found that in some, such as radiology, the average matched score according to the graphs was 10 points LOWER than the one in the chart.

Dr Jolly replied that indeed the stats in the charts at the beginning of each section are for all applicants, not just successful ones. He did not address my question about why the average scores for successful applicants, calculated from the graphs, were sometimes lower than in the charts.

Ok, given that I've been using this forum A LOT, I ought to add my part to this thread.

NBME Form 3 (3 weeks into the exam): 252
NBME Form 2 (1 week into the exam): 253
Kaplan Qbank (app. 60%-70% done): upper 70's
Last 3 blocks of Kaplan questions (50 q's each): upper 80's
Step I USMLE: 249

Some of my advices:

-Timing was the key for me. I felt I had plenty of time on the NBME's, but I was consistently running short on time in the real thing (hence the relative 3-4 point deficit). So if you are like me, make sure you allow extra 5 minutes on each section for "nervosity."
-Do the NBME's. Yes, yes, yes, they ARE the closest thing to the real exam. Kaplan is GREAT but it is WAY different, an gives you the wrong idea of how you're going to perform.
-I used the following for preparation:
First Aid as a guide (the best guide ever, but also the worst textbook ever)
Kaplan 4 black books for the "bulk" of my preparation
Katzung's Pharm (excellent book, glad I read it for my pharm-intensive exam. Might seem too long...but it is it better written than most student-generated aides, so it is an easy read)
Goljan's audio for easy-to-remember explanations
Goljan's HY notes for getting the "trick questions" right
HY Embryology
I recommend all of these.
HY mol. bio. was also moderately useful...but if I had no sci. background, I'd def. read it!
-Know behavioral science and ethics. The point is not so much knowing the stuff itself, but knowing how they are going to ask the questions.
-In anatomy know the following very well: innervation of the extremities (incl. brachial plexus), cranial nerves, spinal tracts, brain sections.
-Talk to people, read posts on SDN, etc. These will help you identify what is important and what you need to work on more.
-Know everything else :) Ok, maybe it's not that bad.

Thanks to all those, who posted here - I found most comments very useful for my own prep.
Good luck to all of you taking Step 1.

chintu said:
That's what I've been wondering myself nicedream. I mean obviously the more competitive specialtis have 230+ averages but even for something like IM its 220? And for the least competitive ones its still like 210 range? So what happens to students scoring <1 stdev? there's something missing here...

Well. There are a ton of FP and IM spots so even though they take the 199 folks they take a lot more of the 225-230 to pull thier avg. back up. There are very few derm spots so thier matched folks are more tightly clustered areound the 230 and above span. So to answer your question the lower scores get disperesed in the HUGE number of spots in the less competative fields.

(nicedream) said:
Dr Jolly replied that indeed the stats in the charts at the beginning of each section are for all applicants, not just successful ones. He did not address my question about why the average scores for successful applicants, calculated from the graphs, were sometimes lower than in the charts.

I calculated a handful of fields (including rads) and they all worked out well. I had the average radiology match at 233...might want to double check your numbers. I just assumed the middle value for each bar (<=240 was put in as 235). With smaller fields like plastics and derm there is a little more error with the estimates, but everything works out well.

mattorama said:
I calculated a handful of fields (including rads) and they all worked out well. I had the average radiology match at 233...might want to double check your numbers. I just assumed the middle value for each bar (<=240 was put in as 235). With smaller fields like plastics and derm there is a little more error with the estimates, but everything works out well.

Yeah I rechecked yesterday and you are right. Not a good idea doing math after a day of internal medicine I guess :)

Of the people that took the test on July 31st, has anyone received their score yet. I know it will arrive any day now but some days I feel like I rocked it and some days I just hope to pass. I just want to know how i did so i can put it behind me.

dmitrinyr said:
Of the people that took the test on July 31st, has anyone received their score yet. I know it will arrive any day now but some days I feel like I rocked it and some days I just hope to pass. I just want to know how i did so i can put it behind me.

Dude, I took my exam on July 5th and haven't received my scores yet.

Iwy Em Hotep said:
Dude, I took my exam on July 5th and haven't received my scores yet.

You need to look into that then, because you should have received them many weeks ago.

Took Step 1 on July 27th
Score: 227/92
I'm very happy with the score. It's not a 99, but it's good enough to put me into a good IM residency. I came out of the room thinking I failed the test. I thought it was way harder than NBMEs. But hey I got my score and I'm very satisfied with it. Thanks to y'all!

mrdowntoearth

nice score. my goal is 230+ so in my eyes, you did pretty well. care to post your study plan?

Sure. I had some stuff all typed up a few weeks ago but didn't get around to actually posting it. Go to this link below to read my novella (I am not kidding. It is something like 1500 words! :eek: )
If you have time to scan through my advice, I hope you find something that will help.

To summarize:
1. QBank sucked
2. First Aid was good
3. The NBME practice tests would have been even better (look for the thread with links to stolen/"free" versions of the current NBMEs ;) )
4. I definitely could have gotten about 10 points higher, but that would have required busting my ass nonstop and risking burnout. I was happy during my Step 1 studying and would have it no other way.

Good luck to all of you yet to take it!

Here's the link to my post on the other thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4093083&postcount=526

Finally got my score back - 233/94. Woot. :) Took long enough.

What I did:

1) I knew that I would only have about 3 weeks after 2nd year to study for the exam, since that's just the way our school works, so I tried to find a way to study during the year without interfering too much with classwork. I don't like reading review books, and doing questions was not a good use of time without knowing the material, so what I did was listen to Goljan everyday, to and from home (1 hr each way) and while at the gym. I probably listened to the whole thing through about 8 times, and certain sections like hematology probably over a dozen times. I couldn't listen everyday, but I probably averaged over an hour a day for the better part of second year.

2) Books that I ended up using:
Recommended:
- First Aid
- BRS Phys
- BRS Behavioral Science
- HY Cell+Molecular Bio
- Kaplan Biochem
- Micro MRS
- Anatomy MRS

Not Recommended:
- BRS Path (just a list, I learned more path from Robbins Review + Goljan)
- K+T Pharmacology (reference at best, FA is fine)
- BRS Cell Biology (waste of time)
- HY Neuro (didn't think it was helpful at all)
- HY Gross Anatomy (likewise)
- HY Embryo (likewise)
- Instant Anatomy (likewise...see a trend?)

I definitely thought that I learned the most from doing questions, and it was pretty tough to do that many questions when you only have 3 weeks. I ended up finishing Qbank, the 4 NBME exams, Robbins Review, and the odd questions from the BRS books, so ~4k questions in total.

3) What I would have done differently:

Well, not having a fire on my exam date, and not having to reschedule it across the state in a crazy panic would have been nice. Who knows if that actually made a difference or not, though. I can dream.

As for controllable things, I would have focused on having fewer books and doing more questions. I wasted some time during my weeks trying to read all the review books when I should have been doing more questions.

That's all. SDN rocks - I got so many tips from this forum, so it's time to give back.

Ha i know what u mean. Just got a phone call from a close friend telling me he got a 270 on step 1. Insane score!!! I hope he can get me a job sometime in the future.

Later
Omar

Hi all...just got my score yesterday and as I nurse a bit of an afternoon hangover from celebrations I thought I would post a few numbers for those correlation crazy people.

USMLE Step 1 - 254/99

Kaplan Qbank - last 350q = 77% (4weeks out)
USMLERx - last 350q = 85% (1 week out)
NBME Form 1 - 550 (5 weeks out, pre study)
NBME Form 4 - 630 (3w)
NBME Form 3 - 680 (2w)
NBME Form 2 - 640 (1w)
Pretest Clinical Vignettes - 78% (Orange book, 1 week out)
USMLE Practice CD - 88%

Studied for 5 weeks and found it to be about 1 week too much. Recommend USMLERx>Kaplan and thought that the NBME exams were excellent to guage where I stood...the last three predicted >248 so they are pretty dead on.

Hi all...just got my score yesterday and as I nurse a bit of an afternoon hangover from celebrations I thought I would post a few numbers for those correlation crazy people.

USMLE Step 1 - 254/99

Kaplan Qbank - last 350q = 77% (4weeks out)
USMLERx - last 350q = 85% (1 week out)
NBME Form 1 - 550 (5 weeks out, pre study)
NBME Form 4 - 630 (3w)
NBME Form 3 - 680 (2w)
NBME Form 2 - 640 (1w)
Pretest Clinical Vignettes - 78% (Orange book, 1 week out)
USMLE Practice CD - 88%

Studied for 5 weeks and found it to be about 1 week too much. Recommend USMLERx>Kaplan and thought that the NBME exams were excellent to guage where I stood...the last three predicted >248 so they are pretty dead on.

:thumbup:

Hi,

I recently got my Step 1 score:

248 / 99

I spent a very relaxed 2 months reading FA and various BRS books to study for this exam. My other scores:

Kaplan: total around 73-75%, last 10 blocks, mid-upper 70's
Also did Kaplan Qbook (varied from high 60's to 80's)
Robbins Qbook (again, varried from 50's--I hate that hemo section, to upper 80's)

That Step1 score estimator tool was right on the mark. It predicted within 5 points on the 3 digit score based on my last bunch of Kaplan questions.

Any questions for me, please ask. I benefited from a lot of the people here.

Pol.

With all these 240+ scores, I have a feeling this will be the year of "the well rounded CV" rather than biggest score wins among accepted applicants.

With all these 240+ scores, I have a feeling this will be the year of "the well rounded CV" rather than biggest score wins among accepted applicants.

Wouldn't it be a terrible, terrible world to live in if all these people with 240+ scores also had the "well rounded CV"? :p

Lets lay some ground first...before I blow off some steam...
Undergrad GPA: 3.4
MCAT 24
ROSS GPA: 4.0/4.0
Kaplan Qbank (85% complete): started ~mid 70s, ended around 80s
Kaplan Qbook (100% complete): avg 70s
Basic science comprehensive given by ROSS: 74
NMBE 3: 530 --> 226 (2 months out)
NMBE 1: 660 --> 250 (2 weeks out)
NMBE 4: 620 --> 244 (1 week out)
Released USMLE CD: 88.7% (45/50, 42/50, 46/50)
NMBE 2: 600 --> 240 (1 day out)
USMLE: 233/94
HOW do I feel: LIKE crap!!!...man that was AN ALL out spanking I got...I was not prepared for such an integrative test. Difficulty level equal to greater than the NMBES!!!
TO begin..i studied for 2 months non stop..everday 9AM-10PM (w/ lunch break 15min & workout break 1 hr).
1st month: i finished all KAPLAN videos (except pathology b/c I was listening to GOLJAN on my downtown from school), annotating in FA, Q book
2nd month: did Kaplan Q bank (read ALL explainations, even Qs I got right), finished Q book, and read BRS path & FA
THE TEST: It's like no other...maybe I got a hard version?...but they were very hard compared to NMBE questions. I felt like this was a test for practicing Doctors!!! Very CLINICALLY oriented, stuff you don't really think about unless you saw it in question. You have to really understand the pathophys of stuff. You have to visualize what they are talking about, and then figure out the mechanism of defect. Maybe they were the experiemental questions? who
knows...All i know is that the questions were longer, more convoluted with distractors, and much more integrative than the NMBES....The inventors of the test are brilliant. They ask all types of questions, half being very general, and half being detailed. So the tests covers all types of students, those who know details, and those who understand concepts. But students who KNOW & UNDERSTAND will do the best. There seemed to be 4 types of questions:
1) Straight up recall (20%)
2) moderate (2nd-3rd order questions, 40%)
3) Hard (stuff you have to think critically, rulling out and in dz based on minute details, labs, sx, 5 columns of labs w/ arrows pointing up/down in every feasible combination known to man... 20%)
4) Random crap you have never seen before (but I guess your supposed to logically deduce the answer based on "basic science" 20%)
TOPICS: were well distributed...everything was covered (10% molecular, 10% biochem, 10% immuno, 10% micro, 5% genetics, 10% pharm, 20% anatomy/neuro, 5% epi/stats, rest was pretty much path/phys or combo.)

WHAT WOULD I HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY: Looked up DIAGRAMS online, drawings....stuff to help me Understand integrative pathophys rather than rote memorization (which is hard to do cuz you always crammin, esp. when learning it in med school).... You really have to know your stuff inside out....Hopefully it was just a harder version. I shouldve went through GOLJAN notes....i started doing this..but i felt it was too detailed.....honestly..I don't think I could have went through all of it b/c of the level of detail in such restricted time. I should've started learning GOLJAN through the 2 years of med school so I could apply it. Definitely go through the NMBEs...they are easier than the real deal, but they are MOST SIMILAR Qs to the STEP1 i've seen yet.

BOOKS to live by: (IF you have Kaplan lecture notes, its good enough for everything, but way in depth)
1) FA: I shoud've known this cold...spend at least 1 full week near ur test date going over FA. I only spent 5 days...If I could do it again, I would spend 2 weeks. FA is more than enough on: PHARM, MICRO, ANTOMY, EPI/STATS, EMBRYO) Note: that on anatomy they did expect me to know names of bones (to make my point,but not actual Qs: navicular, lunate, capitate....man..i had to dig deep into my mamillary bodies to remember anatomy parts) and find em on Xray. In that aspect, FA is not enough (only damn good med school studying helped me there).
WHen I say more than enough: I mean you have to understand it..not just memorize it.. FA is enough to memorize..but you have to be able to apply FA facts to Qs and be able to handle manipulation of Qs, renaming of "buzz words", and topics taken out of context. This, I feel can only be aquired through Qs, and looking up words that we medical students "think" we understand, yet If we were asked by a layman to explain it....we wouldn't be able to. For ex: "What is a mitochondria?" 1st thing that pops up is .."Oh that's easy..its in the cytoplasm of a cell, makes ATP via Ox phos, has circular DNA (i think)"...but We forget so many other aspects that they might test us on...how is the mito related to necrosis? What biochem substrates enter the mito for urea cycle? TCA? ..so forth? Remeber the theory on how our mito came from bacteria, are there more mito in Type I or II fibers (da hell are type I/II fibers????!?!) ahhaha...
...I know I am guilty of this too, but what do you expect...we are only HUMANS!!
2) BRS path: I read this once....shoud've spent more time on BRS path, than stupid Q bank (GOD i hate Q bank now..though it did give a few (2, i think) similar Qs on the STEP, I wasted alot of time learning minute which was never tested on)...It also gave me the wrong idea of the type of questions that I was going to see on the STEP.
3) HY cell & molecular bio: Just hit up the DNA experiment crap, (SNOW DROP, Restriction enz, etc.), KNOW the G proteins & other receptors (TK, lingand gated, zinc fingers, leucine zipper, jacket buttons, chicken fingers...who the hell makes up these names...etc..) and their full secondary messenger systems downstream. IF you have time, go through the whole thing.

Videos: I loved the Kaplan videos..Some Qs came right to me during the test b/c of the the stress the profs in the videos emphasized on certain topics...(behavior sci, genetics)

Q bank: If I had to do it again, I would not have choosen Q bank or Q book. They are too focused on too much details, which I already knew most of from medical school. WHat I lacked most was integration. I have yet to find a q bank to provide that level of thinking...maybe USMLE world? i dunno..but definitely NOT Q BANK...(esp. not for med students who already know the dzs, the details, mechanisms).
On the other hand..If you have not been exposed to Path, pharm, phys for a while, or have been out of school...I think Q bank would be more helpful to you guys.

OVERALL: who knows..I might pass, do well, or fail....BUT man...it was tough!
PS: I aways think I failed tests...or do bad..but end up doing well.(for ex, I thought I failed the COMPREHENSIVE but got above avg)..I just don't like taking tests on topics I've never seen before b/c it lowers my confidence level. So with that being said: I might have made the the STEP1 seem harder than it really was, but to me it was TOUGH...take it however you like..but I did do well on NMBEs...and I thoguht those Qs were fair.
LEARN IT IN MED SCHOOL RIGHT!!!! main point is to understand mechanisms, then you can pretty much answer any question they throw at you.

Captainwada, don't be discouraged. I felt the EXACT same way after i took my test and was pleasantly surprised with my score. And you were doing better than I was on the NBME's etc...maybe we got the same test?!

Don't think you got screwed by a hard test...sometimes getting a hard test is good. =]

Released USMLE CD: 88.7% (45/50, 42/50, 46, 50)

With those NBME scores, I'm very confident you got something between a 230 and a 260. So congrats!

Lets lay some ground first...before I blow off some steam...
Undergrad GPA: 3.4
MCAT 24
ROSS GPA: 4.0/4.0
Kaplan Qbank (85% complete): started ~mid 70s, ended around 80s
Kaplan Qbook (100% complete): avg 70s
Basic science comprehensive given by ROSS: 74
Released USMLE CD: 88.7% (45/50, 42/50, 46, 50)
USMLE: taken today
HOW do I feel: LIKE crap!!!...man that was AN ALL out spanking I got...I was not prepared for such an integrative test. NOT EVEN close to the NMBES!!!
TO begin..i studied for 2 months non stop..everday 9AM-10PM (w/ lunch break 15min & workout break 1 hr).
1st month: i finished all KAPLAN videos (expect pathology b/c I was listening to GOLJAN on my downtown from school), annotating in FA, Q book
2nd month: did Kaplan Q bank (read ALL explainations), finished Q book, and read BRS path & FA
THE TEST: It's like no other...maybe I got a hard version?...but they were very hard compared to NMBE questions. I felt like this was a test for practicing Doctors!!! Very CLINICALLY oriented, stuff you don't really think about unless you saw it in question. You have to really understand the pathophys of stuff. You have to visualize what they are talking about, and then figure out the mechanism of defect. Maybe they were the experiemental questions? who knows...All i know is that the questions were longer, more convoluted with distractors, and much more integrative than the NMBES....I barely made it through blocks on time.
COMMENTS on kaplan Qbank: Is far from type of questions you will see on the exam. Kaplan is more based on minute details (HLA-DR3,4, chrm 5 for FAP, blahblahblh) NONE of that stuff..not 1 question (or hint) had to do w/ HLA type, chrm #, or names of oncogene...
INSTEAD..you need to concentrate Mechanisms!!! and not only that....but to be able to recall them in a way thats reworded ..so that your uncomfortable picking the RIGHT answer!!! i was amazed at how such easy Qs were reworded that my confidence dropped on many questions...
WHAT WOULD I HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY: Looked up DIAGRAMS online, drawings....stuff to help me Understand integrative pathophys rather than rote memorization...which is exactly what my med school did NOT teach. You really have to know your stuff inside out....Hopefully it was just a harder version.

captainwada,
since experienced members are saying that you'll definitely do well , feel assured for the score. U'll definitely do great.
Well can you just tell about your prep schedule and material used?
I'm writing my exam in 3 weeks..any tips to prepare for "your" type of version?
What kinda resources would you recommend? Was there any contribution of FA,BRS-Patho/Physio?
cheers...

everyone in here worrying about a plethora of high scores.

everyone in here saying that the CV is going to be important "this year espically"

Number 1) SDN SELECTION BIAS
People wiht higher scores naturally want to flaunt them.
People with lower scores don't

Number 2) The CV is important regardless.
I am planning on going into derm and have talked to the
residency director at my school. A person in the low 200's
was accepted while one with a 270+ was not.

Relax. Be yourselves. Work hard. And you will get where you want to go.

Best of luck to everyone.

253 here. Ive had my score for a while. Had a bad day at work and thought that posting my score in a public place would be an ego boost, actually feels more cheesy than anything else. But that is what this thread is for, right? So we can pat ourselves on the back. Would be nice to see what some of these high score wanted to do with their lives. I'm personally thinking some sort of medicine fellowship, maybe GI, cards or nephro.

253 here. Ive had my score for a while. Had a bad day at work and thought that posting my score in a public place would be an ego boost, actually feels more cheesy than anything else. But that is what this thread is for, right? So we can pat ourselves on the back. Would be nice to see what some of these high score wanted to do with their lives. I'm personally thinking some sort of medicine fellowship, maybe GI, cards or nephro.

Cheezy maybe.
Whats the point in posting the numerical score? Why can't people just say they did well. And no, my actions are not employing an ego defense mechanism. I just find it obnoxious that people come on here to flaunt to the world that they did well on a standardized, given an important standardized, exam.

Good luck all.

Derm 2008 or bust!

I personally commend everyone who posts their scores on here--wehether it be high or low! This way, we can also see how they studied and see what works with them. Keep it up guys! It helps SOME of us!

I personally commend everyone who posts their scores on here--wehether it be high or low! This way, we can also see how they studied and see what works with them. Keep it up guys! It helps SOME of us!

Apparently people judge self worth based on a score.

PLEASE.

Can't we just accept a qualtative result vs. a quantitative result?

For example: I did really well! vs. I got a 254.
For one the qualatative result is universally understood. Also, who cares about the number if you go above a 230?

for the ppl that did well..it would be more helpful on how they prepped and what books they used...